Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/)
-   -   Wiper problems? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/wiper-problems-249424.html)

CommissionerGordon 06-14-2013 10:59 PM

Wiper problems?

Hi,

Does anyone know why my windshield wipers would work only on high mode but won't work when they're on the low setting??

RevCo666 06-14-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommissionerGordon (Post 3862202)
Hi,

Does anyone know why my windshield wipers would work only on high mode but won't work when they're on the low setting??

Maybe there's a problem with your multi-switch?

CommissionerGordon 06-15-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevCo666 (Post 3862228)

Maybe there's a problem with your multi-switch?

I have a '98 Wrangler so there's only a setting for low and high. So I don't know if there's even a multi-switch.

RevCo666 06-15-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommissionerGordon (Post 3862401)
I have a '98 Wrangler so there's only a setting for low and high. So I don't know if there's even a multi-switch.

I meant the signal switch(some call it a multi-switch), thats where your high/low setting is located on your jeep right?

Wesboy 06-15-2013 02:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
CommissionerGordons wiper control would look like this.

Attachment 261623

I agree with Revco666, the controller needs to replaced.
The really good news is you can replace your old controller with with an intermittent controller like the one in Revco666s post - it will plug straight in to existing connections :thumb:

CommissionerGordon 06-15-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevCo666 (Post 3862410)
I meant the signal switch(some call it a multi-switch), thats where your high/low setting is located on your jeep right?

Where could I pick up a replacement one like this??

Thanks for all your help, I'm new to the Jeep world.

RevCo666 06-15-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommissionerGordon (Post 3864048)
Where could I pick up a replacement one like this??

Thanks for all your help, I'm new to the Jeep world.

I've had some good luck with rockauto.com, here's a discount code too that saves ya 5%(better then nothing) and there pretty much the cheapest companies out there (tho it costs me an arm and a leg for shipping since I live far up north in Canada.) Just make sure to follow what make/model/year of your jeep when searching for parts that way you don't order the wrong one.

Using Your Discount Code

Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart. If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Apply" button to the right of the field. Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your parts order total. Orders using discount codes must be placed online. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts.

PS its good till July 21/2013 and I just got my first jeep last summer so were all new :)

Jeepfixer1 06-15-2013 08:57 PM

My experience is that is usually in the timer part of the motor assembly. Try turning them on low then tapping the motor with a hammer also wiggle the plug ins. If it starts working when doing this then replace the motor otherwise you'll have to check the wires with a schematic to be sure.

CommissionerGordon 06-16-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevCo666 (Post 3864502)
I've had some good luck with rockauto.com, here's a discount code too that saves ya 5%(better then nothing) and there pretty much the cheapest companies out there (tho it costs me an arm and a leg for shipping since I live far up north in Canada.) Just make sure to follow what make/model/year of your jeep when searching for parts that way you don't order the wrong one. 1509819412371497 Using Your Discount Code Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart. If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Apply" button to the right of the field. Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your parts order total. Orders using discount codes must be placed online. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts. PS its good till July 21/2013 and I just got my first jeep last summer so were all new :)

Thanks a bunch!! I just ordered a new one!!

InvisiblePants 06-17-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommissionerGordon (Post 3862401)

My 97 had the same switch with just Hi/low. I swapped it out with an one from a neon that had delay/Low/high. pulled it from a pick a part scrap yard, cost about $12 and took 10 mins to change out.

Jeeper9912 01-31-2014 09:02 AM

last year i had to get a new wiper motor, put it in about march? this morning (0degrees) The wipers worked once, then once the defroster kicked in, the wipers stopped working. Wasn't able to check the fuses, but any help?