Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   7 Speaker Alpine Sound System Wiring/Speaker Wires (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/7-speaker-alpine-sound-system-wiring-speaker-wires-249451.html)

Meatball0311 06-15-2013 02:24 AM

7 Speaker Alpine Sound System Wiring/Speaker Wires
 
I want to add some Bass Blockers to my tweets on my 2013 JKUR Alpine Sound System with 730N Head Unit. I need to splice the + positive speaker wire somewhere between the speaker and HU. What is the best way to get to the tweeters speaker wires? Do I need to remove the dashboard?

kEat 06-15-2013 03:38 AM

On either side of the dash there is a small panel held on by 7 clips. Get a flathead screwdriver in between the seam and pry at it and it should pop off with relative ease after you run a finger along the seam.

That will give you plenty of access inside the dash to reach up to the tweeter tombstone and follow the wiring. Theres plenty of space up there to tuck a blocker, I hid mine away quite easily.

Meatball0311 06-15-2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kEat (Post 3862759)
On either side of the dash there is a small panel held on by 7 clips. Get a flathead screwdriver in between the seam and pry at it and it should pop off with relative ease after you run a finger along the seam.

That will give you plenty of access inside the dash to reach up to the tweeter tombstone and follow the wiring. Theres plenty of space up there to tuck a blocker, I hid mine away quite easily.

Thanks.. will have a looky tomorrow. What color code is the positive wire?

kEat 06-15-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatball0311 (Post 3862764)
Thanks.. will have a looky tomorrow. What color code is the positive wire?

I wish I could remember. I know on one side of my dash the wires were green with either a purple or yellow stripe, and the other side they were grey with the same color stripes.

woansleftpeg 06-15-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatball0311 (Post 3862764)
Thanks.. will have a looky tomorrow. What color code is the positive wire?

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/201...ml#post3334949

Looks like it's grey/orange for the left and grey/dark green for the right.

Meatball0311 06-16-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woansleftpeg (Post 3864056)
Looks like it's grey/orange for the left and grey/dark green for the right.

Sweet! Thanks a bunch!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.