Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   New Mexico Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f52/)
-   -   Mt. Taylor trip (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f52/mt-taylor-trip-249590.html)

Darkfire 06-15-2013 08:18 PM

Mt. Taylor trip
 
Ok if anyone is interested in doing a Mt. Taylor run I am going to head up on Tuesday June 18th.

I will be camping Tuesday night and Maybe wed night also.

If you would like to come just for the day, you can, and turn back when you would like.

I will be heading in thru Grants exact rails TBD

whos in:popcorn:

jk-atlast 06-15-2013 09:29 PM

I really want to check that area out but I can't get out of the office. Next time!

Darkfire 06-15-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk-atlast (Post 3864584)
I really want to check that area out but I can't get out of the office. Next time!

SICK DAY:hide:

NMBruce 06-15-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkfire (Post 3864622)
SICK DAY:hide:

Great idea, but I need to save them for retirement

Darkfire 06-15-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMBruce (Post 3864771)
Great idea, but I need to save them for retirement

when your retired, you don't have to call in sick anymore:facepalm:

NMBruce 06-15-2013 11:35 PM

true, but I get money for unused sick leave and that will help pay for my Alaska trip and after that, it will just depend on if I can get back to town for the next trip :-)

abqjeep 06-16-2013 09:21 AM

Would love to go, but gotta work. Grew up in Grants, so been up there a lot. Been a long time though.

jk-atlast 06-16-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkfire (Post 3864622)

SICK DAY:hide:

Hmmm. Maybe there is a touch of the sniffles coming on...

Darkfire 06-17-2013 09:40 AM

For anyone going, we're going to meet at 0900 in the Kmart parking lot on Carlisle and I40

RoufusTBarleysheath 06-17-2013 09:44 AM

Good news: you motivated us to finally buy a tent.

Bad news: it'll be delivered Wed.

Darkfire 06-17-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoufusTBarleysheath (Post 3868781)
Good news: you motivated us to finally buy a tent.

Bad news: it'll be delivered Wed.

So your not going? Or?

Big-T 06-17-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkfire (Post 3868774)
For anyone going, we're going to meet at 0900 in the Kmart parking lot on Carlisle and I40

Really wish I could make it, to much going on this week for me. Damn real life always gets in the way of Jeeping.
I have to say the first 40yrs of my childhood has been the hardest. Lmao :rofl:

RoufusTBarleysheath 06-17-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkfire (Post 3869782)
So your not going? Or?

Not this trip.

Darkfire 06-17-2013 08:14 PM

Ok then, unless someone calls me tonight 505-730-2126. I won't be going to the Kmart and just heading out on my own

Big-T 06-17-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkfire (Post 3870673)
Ok then, unless someone calls me tonight 505-730-2126. I won't be going to the Kmart and just heading out on my own

Sorry brother wish I could go. :( Be safe, call if you need any help.
From the looks of things timing is bad for everyone, Camping trip, Moab trip, Arizona trip, ect. Seems like real life and bad timing for all. Maybe next year everyone can get together early and figure out Vacations for a trip or two ( Moab , Colorado, ect). From the size of the group at the last Meet & Greet we could have one heck of fun group to go on a really fantastic jeep outing.
Just saying...

Darkfire 06-17-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big-T (Post 3870771)

Sorry brother wish I could go. :( Be safe, call if you need any help.
From the looks of things timing is bad for everyone, Camping trip, Moab trip, Arizona trip, ect. Seems like real life and bad timing for all. Maybe next year everyone can get together early and figure out Vacations for a trip or two ( Moab , Colorado, ect). From the size of the group at the last Meet & Greet we could have one heck of fun group to go on a really fantastic jeep outing.
Just saying...

That's for sure, I know a secluded meadow on MT Taylor that would be great for a big "jeep event" !

Maybe we can talk and plan for something around the en of sept, beginning of oct

Terex 06-19-2013 07:58 PM

Would loved to have gone... I'm on the east coast right now, and not back until first of July. Currently set up for light camping, and will have a VMI Alpine off road trailer some time late this fall. Hope a fall event can be scheduled.

Looking forward to a trip report from Mt. Taylor.

Darkfire 06-20-2013 08:24 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Update scenic shots

Darkfire 06-20-2013 08:28 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Saw some Turkey by camp And woke up this morning to an Elk 30 yards from the tent (guess he new it wasn't hunting season)

Attachment 263944

Got one other for the Day trip, good times!


Attachment 263950

Guard dog on duty

Darkfire 06-20-2013 08:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 263955

Found a great trail with a dead end, a fun turnaround

abqtj 06-20-2013 08:59 PM

Looks awesome. I need to get up there

Darkfire 06-20-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abqtj (Post 3883496)
Looks awesome. I need to get up there

Maybe we can try for a big get together for September 28th weekend?

How you all say?

jk-atlast 06-20-2013 10:11 PM

We enjoyed jeepin' around with you the other day, so count us in.

Darkfire 06-21-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk-atlast (Post 3883764)
We enjoyed jeepin' around with you the other day, so count us in.

We did too, thanks for coming out for the day. And the pics

RoufusTBarleysheath 06-21-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkfire (Post 3883631)
Maybe we can try for a big get together for September 28th weekend?

How you all say?

Sounds like an opportunity to get the tent broken in.

Scampers 06-22-2013 12:14 AM

Would love to go. Enough time to plan.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.