Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   beer (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/beer-249613.html)

wat3rdog 06-15-2013 09:32 PM

beer

Hey guys let's talk beer. I know that drinking and driving do not mix but what do you bring when on the trail. I don't want to bring bottles and all I drink is in bottles. I love a good crafted beer. When its hot I lean towards a clearer beer but with a burger or steak I like a good dark thick beer. I like to have a beer with lunch when out on the trail and when camping I used to bring bottles but I want to find a good can. Thoughts?

Rubi513 06-15-2013 09:37 PM

Miller lite or bud light for a lighter beer. For a dark beer I like Shiner Bock. It does taste better in a bottle though.

Rallyman 06-15-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wat3rdog (Post 3864740)
Hey guys let's talk beer. I know that drinking and driving do not mix but what do you bring when on the trail. I don't want to bring bottles and all I drink is in bottles. I love a good crafted beer. When its hot I lean towards a clearer beer but with a burger or steak I like a good dark thick beer. I like to have a beer with lunch when out on the trail and when camping I used to bring bottles but I want to find a good can. Thoughts?

You need to move to colorado so you can get real beer and also have the brewery load up a growler for you.

wat3rdog 06-15-2013 09:52 PM

Not one for bud but right now I'm doing miller light. Never tried shiner yet ill have to pick some up.

wat3rdog 06-15-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rallyman (Post 3864806)

You need to move to colorado so you can get real beer and also have the brewery load up a growler for you.

I love the one in Brekenridge. Damn good beer.

Titaness 06-15-2013 11:13 PM

Here is an article from Forbes about craft beers that are now being made for cans. Sam Adams is one of them among other smaller brew companies. Anyway-- its real beer--Not the dirty water that you might drink at a Frat party.

Craft Beers Say Hello Cans, Goodbye Bottles: An Aluminum Revolution - Forbes

CraftCans.com - News and Reviews for the Canned Beer Revolution

OF course there is always Guinness!!!

mountainneer 06-15-2013 11:16 PM

Drinking a Firestone Double Barrel Ale as we speak. Once I tried the Firestone its my go to beer.

Rallyman 06-19-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wat3rdog (Post 3864812)

I love the one in Brekenridge. Damn good beer.

X2 on Breck, except I'm an Avery guy. Also, summer time....can beat sour beer.

R8DRIZD 06-19-2013 01:06 AM

Bottle of Don Julio 1942 and a box of Arturo Fuente's

Dubler 06-19-2013 01:19 AM

Holy shit beer snobs. Busch light is just fine. Even says so on the can.

kisportolt 06-19-2013 08:41 AM

we have an awesome microbrewery here (keweenaw brewing company) that cans their 6 production beers. first micro in michigan to can and have since day one. great beer and easy to take with you. doubt you can get it out in nm though...but there's got to be a smaller beer company out that way that cans. I know a bunch around here are just starting to switch.

beer snobs? I'm all for a pbr or labbats when I'm feeling that style beer. drinking more than just mass produced beer isn't being a snob, it's just trying something else. ever eat a steak? or so you just stick with bologna and say "it's just fine, Oscar Meyer even says so"

redbilly 06-19-2013 08:52 AM

When camping this time of year, I prefer a lighter beer like the Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy or New Begium Rolle Bolle. As the leaves turn and the weather gets colder, I trend towards hop-heavy beers. 3 Floyds - Zombie Dust or Arctic Panzer Wolf, Dogfish Head - 90 Minute IPA, Bell's - Two Hearted or Hop Slam (I usually cellar a case in January for the next fall.)

There is nothing wrong with asking a little more from your beer!

mckey73 06-19-2013 09:00 AM

I've been finding some good stuff in cans lately, now that the total wine shops are open you should take an hour and go shopping. New Belguim has also started using alot more cans.

http://www.santafebrewing.com/media/...IPAwebsite.jpg
http://www.santafebrewing.com/media/...ilswebsite.jpg

http://www.santafebrewing.com/media/...IPAwebsite.jpg

Titaness 06-19-2013 09:28 AM

I am a beer snob! Totally! Not into hard liquor and am not a wine lover. Once you learn And develop a taste for different beers and their flavors it's actually fun. For a light and inexpensive casual canned beer, Stella is good. Kind of a palatable bud and comes in cans now. Apparently a lot has been done with improving the quality of beer in a can. Which is nice because cans are convenient for summer activities .

wat3rdog 06-19-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckey73 (Post 3877012)
I've been finding some good stuff in cans lately, now that the total wine shops are open you should take an hour and go shopping. New Belguim has also started using alot more cans.

Ahhh I still need to try that place. I live near the new one.

Lanco 06-19-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubler (Post 3876174)
Holy shit beer snobs. Busch light is just fine. Even says so on the can.

:thumb:

Geno 06-19-2013 12:20 PM

Coors Light is my goto when out on the trail. The secret is to have them as cold as you can get them. Lots of ice with a little bit of water in the chest. At least thats what works for me. Also, a huge fan of the Firestone DBA!

wat3rdog 06-19-2013 04:19 PM

I'll have to look for Firestone. Haven't herd of if but there's a few mentions.

GCDMD 06-24-2013 10:03 AM

My wife calls me a beer snob all the time. I have learned to accept that title, and most "mass-produced" beers have little to no actual beer taste. People think Lagers are the ONLY type of beer, there are many variations and types of beer. All are wonderful, being a beer snob is just a synonym for being more open to try the craft brews.

My go to beer is definitely Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or their Summerfest. Both are absolutely incredible brews. They both come in cans now too, thats a nice plus when your packing them on a trip or off road adventure.

ER RN 06-24-2013 10:17 AM

Yuengling is fine. Guinness is good for sippin. Moonshine or homebrew wine from my basement is better.

ninjaturtle0 06-24-2013 10:27 AM

Light = Coors light or Land Shark
Heavy = Lawnmower or Sam Adams summer ale.

Los57 06-24-2013 11:19 PM

Smithwicks or Guiness for a dark.
Old Monkey Shine (8%) for a microbrew.
PBR for a domestic.

TexasGrant 06-25-2013 08:04 PM

Small chain brew restaurant Gordon Biersch- their Marzen. Dark, hoppy and full.

krisbman 06-25-2013 08:06 PM

Chain breaker white ipa... Deschutes brewing

andymac40330 06-27-2013 06:36 PM

red stripe
rolling rock
newcastle
killians irish red
miller lite/ high life
michelob ultra (i know i know)
amber bock

Dislikes:
blue moon
fat tire (so far my least favorite)
some stuff that I had that was blueberry flavored
corona
bud light/ weiser (i can drink it, but dont prefer it)

wat3rdog 06-27-2013 06:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It was officially 106 today

Attachment 266174

So I'm having this

Attachment 266180