Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Best price on Chrysler lifetime warrantee? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/best-price-on-chrysler-lifetime-warrantee-249702.html)

Yahoomarine 06-16-2013 12:29 PM

Best price on Chrysler lifetime warrantee?
 
Hello all. My 2012 JK 2 door sport is nearing one year in age and I am seriously considering the Chrysler Lifetime Maxcare warrantee with $100 deductible.

By searching this site I have read many pros and cons, which I appreciate. Since I keep vehicles a long time (the YJ I traded in was a '94) lifetime is the way to go. Also, until recently, I did most of my repair work. Unfortunately, as I have recently crossed the 60 year old line, heavy repair work is no longer as fun as it used to be so it is time to farm it out.

What I would like to know is what some of you paid for the Maxcare warrantee so I have some idea what to negotiate for. Two sites listed in previous threads have given me a $2,245 price and a $2,185 price. Has anyone gotten below $2,100? $2,000? The local dealer is at $2,500 and will not budge so I'll be shopping around online.

Any info will be appreciated.

Rich

xjrguy 06-16-2013 01:20 PM

Price on this keeps going up. I remember when i first bought my 2012 it was around $1800 +/- via the online usual suspects.

Ponderosa 06-16-2013 02:14 PM

Check Jeep.com if you haven't already. You can buy it online directly from Chrysler. In my case, the website was about 40% less than the dealer wanted.

jwilson2598 06-16-2013 08:02 PM

Definitely check the online places. Absolute lowest my dealer would go was ~$2500. I bought from Harold Zeigler for $2185, and they offer 12 month no interest financing, so I didn't have to front the whole thing up front, just 10%.

Cdwright 06-16-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwilson2598 (Post 3867074)
Definitely check the online places. Absolute lowest my dealer would go was ~$2500. I bought from Harold Zeigler for $2185, and they offer 12 month no interest financing, so I didn't have to front the whole thing up front, just 10%.

Link?

jwilson2598 06-16-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdwright (Post 3867080)

Link?

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

Cdwright 06-16-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwilson2598 (Post 3867098)

Haha, it was posted. Sorry.

Thank you.

Anyone got a promo code?

legitposter 06-16-2013 09:04 PM

You'll be lucky to get anything warrantied under an extended warranty. Just save your money instead, take care of your Jeep and keep your fingers crossed.

jeepers29 06-16-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legitposter (Post 3867245)
You'll be lucky to get anything warrantied under an extended warranty. Just save your money instead, take care of your Jeep and keep your fingers crossed.

Why do you say this? Is the fine print all excluding or something?

river rocket 06-16-2013 10:18 PM

I have never had an issue with claims under an extended warranty. The last vehicle I bought one for, they paid out almost $10k on multiple claims.

RB-10rubicon 06-17-2013 06:33 AM

I just recently bought mine it was 2596 full max coverage and it included a four year tire a rim coverage even for aftermarket wheels and tires

PSU13Sahara 06-17-2013 06:43 AM

I walked into the dealership when I bought my Jeep in March with the printout from Chrysler extended warranty, Factory backed extended warranties for Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler vehicles where I could get the lifetime for somewhere around 2200 and I said I wasn't going to pay more than that because I could just buy it online. The woman fed me some BS about their cost being 2100 or 2150 but she'd make an exception for me so they sold it to me for 2200. I was happy with it. I remember reading posts where people bought it for sub 2k but I definitely think the price has been creeping up lately.

Trenty 06-17-2013 10:15 AM

But these extended warranties don't cover anything if you use Jeep off-road or if you modded it at all outside of manufacturer specifications, no? At least that's what the fine print states on that link. Can anyone clear this up?

Yahoomarine 06-17-2013 07:48 PM

I contacted Ziegler today. I'll let you know how it works out.

Rich

LewdDude 06-17-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSU13Sahara (Post 3868431)
I walked into the dealership when I bought my Jeep in March with the printout from Chrysler extended warranty, Factory backed extended warranties for Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler vehicles where I could get the lifetime for somewhere around 2200 and I said I wasn't going to pay more than that because I could just buy it online. The woman fed me some BS about their cost being 2100 or 2150 but she'd make an exception for me so they sold it to me for 2200. I was happy with it. I remember reading posts where people bought it for sub 2k but I definitely think the price has been creeping up lately.http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

I paid $2000 for lifetime extensive

Yahoomarine 06-18-2013 12:42 PM

Thanks for the $2,000 info. Ziegler just matched that for the lifetime maxcare.

Rich

BManz 06-18-2013 01:08 PM

I've got Lifetime MaxCare on my WK2 (orig owner) and was going to add it to my Wrangler (used 2012) but is the Lifetime option only available to "original purchaser" or can second owners add Lifetime as long as the Jeep still within the basic warranty parameters? A finance guy at a local dealer (I was poking around prices) said Lifetime was only available to original owners. Anyone? Bueller?

MadDogSkiBum 06-18-2013 01:57 PM

Wish I had bought one with my 08 JK ... would have been around $2K at the time for a lifetime warranty. I've put way more than that into repairs.

Did buy the lifetime warranty on my 07 Commander for $2K ... has saved me over $10K in repairs.

I'll never own another Jeep without an extended warranty.

J33P4M3 06-18-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDogSkiBum (Post 3873461)
Wish I had bought one with my 08 JK ... would have been around $2K at the time for a lifetime warranty. I've put way more than that into repairs.

Did buy the lifetime warranty on my 07 Commander for $2K ... has saved me over $10K in repairs.

I'll never own another Jeep without an extended warranty.

I also have mine through Zieglar. You then get to make monthly payments on the official Mopar Vehicle Protection site Mopar Vehicle Protection Payment Plan Zieglar was much less than jeep.com (over 1k less) and the dealer.

obhitn3 06-18-2013 03:16 PM

Just for giggles checked the web..... Lifetime max care on my JKUR 10A is $3,285 plus tax on jeep.com!! WOW

Newt1234 07-08-2013 08:41 PM

I paid something like 2500 or 2700 for the lifetime extended warranty on my 13 JK Sport last weekend (July 6th). Just thought I would put it out there for reference. If anyone needs a reference for negotiating let me know and I can send info.

JBADV 07-08-2013 09:10 PM

Just under 2k from C.R. Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Hudson , Mi.
I talked with Rodney , he was very helpful . I did a down payment and Mopar had zero financing for the rest . Why spend my money when zero interest is out there .

J33P4M3 07-08-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwilson2598 (Post 3867074)
Definitely check the online places. Absolute lowest my dealer would go was ~$2500. I bought from Harold Zeigler for $2185, and they offer 12 month no interest financing, so I didn't have to front the whole thing up front, just 10%.

same. Bob Cline is a great guy at Ziegler.

BusManRG 07-08-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newt1234 (Post 3939953)
I paid something like 2500 or 2700 for the lifetime extended warranty on my 13 JK Sport last weekend (July 6th). Just thought I would put it out there for reference. If anyone needs a reference for negotiating let me know and I can send info.

I will be ordering a 2014 in the next couple of months. Definitely want the extended warranty since we plan on keeping it forever:angel:! Would love negotiating tips. The price I saw on the jeep website was going to be around 3000. I'm hoping for more like 2k to 2500.

StarBrite 07-08-2013 09:23 PM

Previously posted (about three weeks ago):


"That is one one the best values in the car business!! Unlimited miles, unlimited years!! The only restriction is it is non transferable, and it the coverage will max out at the retail book value of the car at the time. One touchscreen or ecm/pcm going out and you are ahead! I sell them for $1985.00 all day long!"


This was written by Mike Noble from Hayes Jeep. He's a forum member (ID Noble). I'd say send him a message and see if you can get it from him and save a little bit of money! :thumb:

For what it's worth, I have never spoken to the man, just happened to remember seeing it posted earlier. Passing along solely because it sounds like a cheaper option.

Have a great night, everyone!

Cdwright 07-08-2013 09:31 PM

Did anyone add the rim and tire package?

jadmt 07-08-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BusManRG (Post 3940135)
I will be ordering a 2014 in the next couple of months. Definitely want the extended warranty since we plan on keeping it forever:angel:! Would love negotiating tips. The price I saw on the jeep website was going to be around 3000. I'm hoping for more like 2k to 2500.

if you are planning on keeping it forever make sure you get a Rubicon or you will be trading within a year lol.

Newt1234 07-08-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BusManRG (Post 3940135)

I will be ordering a 2014 in the next couple of months. Definitely want the extended warranty since we plan on keeping it forever:angel:! Would love negotiating tips. The price I saw on the jeep website was going to be around 3000. I'm hoping for more like 2k to 2500.

The best tool I had for negotiating price was a smartphone. When I was in the dealership I pulled up the jeep model I was looking for on autotrader and even called another dealership while sitting there negotiating. I found what I wanted somewhere else at a better price and refused a deal until they beat it. I'm sure the dealer made some money off me but I believe I got a fair deal. I paid less than what Kelly blue book had listed as dealer invoice. Can't ask for much more than that.

Chuckamiller 07-08-2013 10:56 PM

Just paid $2395 for mine at the dealer. Have read on here you can get cheaper 3rd party but I got it'll rolled in and I am happy.

RoadiJeff 07-09-2013 12:09 AM

Forum member Noble claims he sells the lifetime warranties for $1,985. Apparently, he works in sales at a dealership in Kalamazoo, MI.

Here's the link to his post: Chrysler Extended Warranty

Oops...I just noticed that someone else mentioned him in this thread after I posted the reply.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.