Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Looking for best deal on TF HD Carrier and Adjustable Spare Mount (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/looking-for-best-deal-on-tf-hd-carrier-and-adjustable-spare-mount-249770.html)

Barmanvarn 06-16-2013 04:47 PM

Looking for best deal on TF HD Carrier and Adjustable Spare Mount
 
I'm 98% ready to pull the trigger on this kit and am trying to find the best price.

So far, TF has it for $729.99 and Krawl has it for $699.95. Both are free shipping. Anyone find or know of a better deal?

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here is the link to the item on TF's site:
| TeraFlex Suspensions

Barmanvarn 06-16-2013 04:49 PM

Ok, just found out Rebel off road is offering 664.98 for the kit, also w/ free shipping. gonna keep searching.

pspeller 06-16-2013 04:52 PM

I ordered from Rebel off road.
Free shipping. Lowest price I've found.

AverageJK 06-16-2013 04:52 PM

I dont see it being cheaper then that anywhere.

SHYUperman 06-16-2013 05:02 PM

It up Bryan from 4wd or Dave from Northridge.

wrangler0 06-16-2013 05:18 PM

Northridge 4x4. Lowest price I found.

Email Dave. He'll hook ya up!!

Lowerumble 06-16-2013 08:42 PM

Rockridge4wd.com with coupon code dadsrock10 = 650. including shipping...

Matador 06-17-2013 07:35 AM

My advice is to get the lowest price and then call Quadratec to have them price match it.

Barmanvarn 06-17-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matador (Post 3868609)
My advice is to get the lowest price and then call Quadratec to have them price match it.

Wasn't aware quad did that.

Barmanvarn 06-17-2013 09:11 AM

Anyone ever worked with 4x4groupbuy? They've quoted me $550 plus shipping. Awaiting reply as to what shipping is to my zip.

Barmanvarn 06-17-2013 10:44 AM

At this point it looks like I'll be getting this from 4x4GroupBuy. They've quoted me $550 plus $50 shipping.

I did confirm w/ Quadratec that they price match on advertised prices. 4x4GroupBuy doesn't list a price for this item (you have to send an email to get the price) so I won't be able to do a price match w/ Quad.

So $600 is the price I'm looking at right now.

Matador 06-17-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barmanvarn (Post 3869118)
At this point it looks like I'll be getting this from 4x4GroupBuy. They've quoted me $550 plus $50 shipping.

I did confirm w/ Quadratec that they price match on advertised prices. 4x4GroupBuy doesn't list a price for this item (you have to send an email to get the price) so I won't be able to do a price match w/ Quad.

So $600 is the price I'm looking at right now.

That's strange, I have always got them to price match prices that I got from other vendors that aren't advertised on the their site. But if you got a price you like locked up, go for it.

Barmanvarn 06-17-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matador (Post 3869320)
That's strange, I have always got them to price match prices that I got from other vendors that aren't advertised on the their site. But if you got a price you like locked up, go for it.

I called Quad prior to my post and they said "The price has to be advertised, meaning we (Quad) has to be able to go online and see the price for ourselves."

I may try calling Quad again and see what I can do as it would save me another $50. When you did this, how did you show the price you were being quoted from another dealer? Did you supply them w/ the email containing the quote?

NFRs2000NYC 06-17-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matador (Post 3869320)
That's strange, I have always got them to price match prices that I got from other vendors that aren't advertised on the their site. But if you got a price you like locked up, go for it.

I've only been able to get vendors to match NOT advertised prices by forwarding emails/PMs from vendors with the lower quoted price. I guess they don't want some dude calling up saying "Hell quadratec, I just got a quote from Northridge for $50 for an AEV rear bumper, will you match it?" I guess I'll try qtec the next time I need a large purchase...which will be soon.:thumb:

Barmanvarn 06-17-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC (Post 3869469)
I've only been able to get vendors to match NOT advertised prices by forwarding emails/PMs from vendors with the lower quoted price. I guess they don't want some dude calling up saying "Hell quadratec, I just got a quote from Northridge for $50 for an AEV rear bumper, will you match it?" I guess I'll try qtec the next time I need a large purchase...which will be soon.:thumb:

I did ask the Quad rep if I could just forward the email quote I received and he said no, they had to be able to go online and see it for themselves.

that being said, it wouldn't hurt to try again. Will likely send a PM to Quad when I get a chance and see if that will accomplish anything.

NFRs2000NYC 06-17-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barmanvarn (Post 3869487)
I did ask the Quad rep if I could just forward the email quote I received and he said no, they had to be able to go online and see it for themselves.

that being said, it wouldn't hurt to try again. Will likely send a PM to Quad when I get a chance and see if that will accomplish anything.

Listen, if you have a legit PM/email from a vendor, and someone doesn't want to match it, not big deal, just get it from the vendor that gave you the quote. The only thing to keep in mind is make sure the price you get quoted is the "delivered" price.

Barmanvarn 06-17-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC (Post 3869732)
Listen, if you have a legit PM/email from a vendor, and someone doesn't want to match it, not big deal, just get it from the vendor that gave you the quote. The only thing to keep in mind is make sure the price you get quoted is the "delivered" price.

Oh, I'm not complaining about anything, so please don't misunderstand. I was just mentioning that Quad said they'd only match advertised, while other member said quad matches if an email quote was provided.

In this case, if I can get Quad to match, it'll save me $50 in shipping. :)

I sent a PM to quad to get the skinny and will keep you posted.

Barmanvarn 06-17-2013 04:36 PM

I've traded a few emails and PMs w/ Quadratec on this matter and am waiting for negotiations to conclude before I supply you all w/ a post mortem.

Barmanvarn 06-17-2013 05:12 PM

Negotiations have concluded and it looks like (unless something changes) that I'll be getting my kit from 4x4groupbuy for $549.95 plus $49 shipping.

Quadratec was willing to price match, but only the full price which included the shipping. They would not offer the WF free shipping option. Had they thrown in free shipping I would have purchased from them, but since the price is identical, I'd just rather go w/ the company that quoted me the price to begin with.

Oh well, was worth a shot.

kEat 06-17-2013 05:53 PM

Anyone have a good price on just the hinge? I have the carrier itself, but I'd like to upgrade the hinge now and don't want to fork out $500, when the entire assembly is going for $550...

Barmanvarn 06-17-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kEat (Post 3870410)
Anyone have a good price on just the higne? I have the carrier itself, but I'd like to upgrade the hinge now and don't want to fork out $500, when the entire assembly is going for $550...

I was only researching prices for the full kit. Suggest you contact 4x4groupbuy and see what they say.

Northridge4x4 06-24-2013 06:11 PM

We have these in stock in Washington and Kentucky so pretty Much we can get one to you in under three days . Plus we offer free shipping and a pretty darn good price . Call us 8666015340

foxsat71 06-24-2013 07:09 PM

Northridge4x4, can you PM me a price for the TFHD carrier and hinge. Also the opt. roto pack carrier

jadmt 06-24-2013 08:05 PM

4wd.com ask for Brian. I normally say north ridge or rockridge but 4wd.com blew them out of the water by a bunch and free shipping and got it in two days

foxsat71 06-24-2013 08:19 PM

Cool thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.