Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Caught in rain (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/caught-in-rain-249902.html)

Nick09JK 06-17-2013 09:21 AM

Caught in rain
 
So I was unaware I was going to be caught in the rain. I had the doors off and only and emergency top on. The inside is soaked from the poring rain!
What should I do to help dry it?

NCJeepin 06-17-2013 09:24 AM

I'd just let it air out for a while. When it's sunny, take off the top and leave it sitting out. Take shammy and soak up any sitting water.

T2000J 06-17-2013 09:35 AM

^^^x2 ^^^

SHADYDC 06-17-2013 10:34 AM

just smile and enjoy the added joy of owning a jeep. we all been there

HOOCBB 06-17-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick09JK (Post 3868892)
So I was unaware I was going to be caught in the rain. I had the doors off and only and emergency top on. The inside is soaked from the poring rain!
What should I do to help dry it?

I almost feel your pain! I thought I would be able to dodge the rain drops since they said it would likely rain between 9A-12P and after 6P, but I got up this morning and saw that the band of storms would hit just before I got to work, so I took a few minutes to put the doors back on and button everything up.

I'm not sure what you can do for the next few days to dry it out (short of pulling the drain plugs and using a wet-vac to suck as much as you can out of the carpet)...last I saw, we in the DFW area have a pretty good chance for rain through Wednesday.

speedyrev 06-17-2013 01:49 PM

Pull drain plugs if there's a puddle. Shop vac carpet and seats then sit it in the sun.

Nick09JK 06-17-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOOCBB (Post 3869311)

I almost feel your pain! I thought I would be able to dodge the rain drops since they said it would likely rain between 9A-12P and after 6P, but I got up this morning and saw that the band of storms would hit just before I got to work, so I took a few minutes to put the doors back on and button everything up.

I'm not sure what you can do for the next few days to dry it out (short of pulling the drain plugs and using a wet-vac to suck as much as you can out of the carpet)...last I saw, we in the DFW area have a pretty good chance for rain through Wednesday.

This is exactly what I wish I did. But I forgot to check the radar. I'm in Dallas too.

Nick09JK 06-17-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedyrev (Post 3869687)
Pull drain plugs if there's a puddle. Shop vac carpet and seats then sit it in the sun.

That's what I did when I got back home. With the addition of having fans.

RoadiJeff 06-17-2013 08:31 PM

Caught in rain

I noticed the above title and I thought someone was posting about my motorcycle ride home from work today. At least it washed the bugs off my face shield. :)



JamesWyatt 06-17-2013 09:26 PM

Happened to coworkers today who left their windows down (Dallas area also). Sunny one minute and a real heavy rain the next.

Nick09JK 06-17-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesWyatt (Post 3871241)
Happened to coworkers today who left their windows down (Dallas area also). Sunny one minute and a real heavy rain the next.

Texas has really strange weather!

techflork 06-17-2013 10:18 PM

once you take that carpet out I guarantee you will never ever ever put it back in. Try it :)

Seginus 06-18-2013 09:48 AM

Here in Mass, I missed the t-storms by about 10 minutes yesterday.:dance:
Had the Jeep in the garage, my hard top lowered, and was putting in the screws when the storms kicked off.

Titaness 06-18-2013 10:41 AM

This happened to me last week. I had on soft doors overnight but they were not flush. Jeep floor filled with water but not seats or dash. I pulled the carpets and hung them in the garage then put on a heater fan. Given that it rained all week here I did t want the risk musty carpets . I wiped the floor down and got the water out of the crevices . I even put a fan in the car just to be sure and put the heat on in the car. I then hung the rugs out on the next sunny day.

I was told it was overkill but Just because its a jeep doesn't mean you don't have to respect your vehicle. It's a land animal not fish!

NCJeepin 06-18-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titaness (Post 3872927)
I was told it was overkill but Just because its a jeep doesn't mean you don't have to respect your vehicle. It's a land animal not fish!

Mine's more of an amphibian. ;):D

overblown 06-23-2013 06:15 PM

You'll only get that sour smell if you let it dry on it's own. Mine has been wet several times and you'd never know it. Drain plugs or wet vac for standing water and micro fiber/highly absorbent towel the rest. Then place a fan in a position so as to blow air over the wet areas overnight with all the doors open. Do not close it up while the carpet is still wet. Works like a charm every time. Moving air is the key.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.