Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Sound-Deadening Headliner (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/sound-deadening-headliner-249970.html)

Cherry Pie 06-17-2013 04:35 PM

Sound-Deadening Headliner
 
I'm wondering if anyone has installed the new sound-deadening in the JK
hard top. If so, does it make a difference?

Gary Palms2Pines 06-19-2013 08:45 PM

I'm interested too. Subscribed.

THW 06-19-2013 08:49 PM

What new headliner? Are you talking about Hot Heads? Boom Mats? If not, so you have a link?

JCT1875 06-19-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THW (Post 3878969)
What new headliner? Are you talking about Hot Heads? Boom Mats? If not, so you have a link?

Right here, my friend:

http://moparonlineparts.com/jeep-wra...10-p-3918.html

Jeep Wrangler 4-Door Headliner - 2011-2013 (Part No: 82212464AB): MoparOnlineParts.com

DallasJKU 06-19-2013 11:11 PM

Are these as good as Hot Heads?? Looks like they are about $75 cheaper if the side windows are included in the price.

PecosRiver 06-19-2013 11:13 PM

I have them and love them, but my love stems from the heat reduction I've noticed. My wife says it reduced the interior noise too, but then I'm damn near deaf so I wouldn't notice.

DallasJKU 06-19-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 3879723)
I have them and love them, but my love stems from the heat reduction I've noticed. My wife says it reduced the interior noise too, but then I'm damn near deaf so I wouldn't notice.

Did they come with side windows as well?? Do you think dog fur will stick to them when it is swirling around? I'm trying to keep the Jeep as dog fur free as possible.

onetraveller 06-20-2013 12:49 AM

I picked up my MOPAR set today and will install them over the next week. I'll post some pics once I'm done.

Mike

THW 06-20-2013 07:30 AM

Thanks, buddy!

mhilbush 06-20-2013 07:35 AM

These look pretty nice (at least in the pictures). I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on these...

THW 06-20-2013 07:38 AM

Wow - if I were the guy who makes Hot Heads I would be pissed off that Mopar stole my idea AND charged less $$ for it. This appears to be one of those few Mopar products that isn't priced insanely. Anyone have pics of these installed in their jeep?

xracer128 06-20-2013 09:08 AM

I went with the Mopar...and it can be installed without removing top!

Makes a difference in ride noise, and since it's warm out the Jeep cools quicker!

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...28/Jeep_10.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...128/Jeep_8.jpg

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...128/Jeep_9.jpg

mhilbush 06-20-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xracer128 (Post 3880805)
I went with the Mopar...and it can be installed without removing top!

Ok, this is enough for me. I just ordered one.

RoadiJeff 06-20-2013 12:17 PM

We installed a set of Boom Mat headliners last month, mainly for the summer heat insulation. They've been holding well and are somewhat cheaper than either the Mopar or Hot Heads. They're available in either black, white or grey.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...psba143fad.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ps1200e6e3.jpg

DallasJKU 06-20-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff (Post 3881436)
We installed a set of Boom Mat headliners last month, mainly for the summer heat insulation. They've been holding well and are somewhat cheaper than either the Mopar or Hot Heads. They're available in either black, white or grey.

Do they have side windows also like the Hot Heads??

Reece 06-20-2013 03:16 PM

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/mop...ll-246714.html

molson 06-20-2013 03:49 PM

I have the MOPAR headliner kit in my JKU. It's great! I noticed it much cooler inside now, the AC cools quicker and the radio sounds better. I'm very happy with this purchase.

RoadiJeff 06-20-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasJKU (Post 3881681)
Do they have side windows also like the Hot Heads??

No, just the headliners.

Dubler 06-20-2013 11:08 PM

How do they look? No one has mentioned that.

JCT1875 06-20-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THW (Post 3880479)
Thanks, buddy!

Any time. Glad I could help :)

JCT1875 06-20-2013 11:28 PM

It looks to me, based on the Mopar pics, that it includes the outside border of the side windows also...

PecosRiver 06-20-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasJKU (Post 3879747)
Did they come with side windows as well?? Do you think dog fur will stick to them when it is swirling around? I'm trying to keep the Jeep as dog fur free as possible.

They came with the side portions too. They look great and are made of what appears to be regular carpet. I'm sure that dog hair will stick to them like carpet.

DallasJKU 06-21-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 3884082)
They came with the side portions too. They look great and are made of what appears to be regular carpet. I'm sure that dog hair will stick to them like carpet.

That would be even more annoying than the carpet. I think I will pass on the Mopar ones. Maybe BoomMat ones would be better for me. I'm about to run my Trek Armor shade under my hardtop and I think that will provide some heat reduction. I rarely park in the sun at work or home so I doubt these will benefit me enough to make the investment at this point.

mhilbush 06-21-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhilbush (Post 3880490)
These look pretty nice (at least in the pictures). I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on these...

Shortly after ordering these off the Mopar web site, I got an email indicating a 7-10 day processing delay. No real worries right now, as I have the soft top on the jeep.

Cherry Pie 06-22-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry Pie (Post 3870014)
I'm wondering if anyone has installed the new sound-deadening in the JK
hard top. If so, does it make a difference?

Thanks for all the info.

Reece 06-22-2013 09:40 PM

Absent any empirical data, I'd say I'm realizing a good 15% less road noise. The panels install where the hardtop is a single layer. I didn't do it for sound deadening. I was going for heat insulation. Personally, I don't think my JK was particularly loud with the hardtop on. My Trektop NX is another matter - loud and hot, strictly for October - April in Houston.

Matthew_JK 07-20-2013 09:11 PM

Rugged Ridge is making hardtop insulation as well. I'm trying to decide between them, Mopar, Hotheads, and Boom Mats. Rugged Ridge is offering free shipping to the Continental US. So, they may win out. But, I think the Mopar looks the best, in my opinion. However, they want to charge me $54 to ship to CA. Hmmmm.... That seems excessive, considering the 7-10 wait.

mrgodwin 07-26-2013 02:22 PM

Just had mine installed yesterday and already have seen a reduction in head heat and improved sound system quality and less road noise. Installed price of $420 through dealer.

285 HP 07-26-2013 03:18 PM

Matthew,
I ordered the rugged ridge and returned them soon after opening the box...flimsy cardboard for $210 no thanks.
I am ordering the Mopar, more coverage and I can pick them up at my Jeep dealership for less than the junk RR ones.

Matthew_JK 07-26-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 285 HP (Post 4006365)
Matthew,
I ordered the rugged ridge and returned them soon after opening the box...flimsy cardboard for $210 no thanks.
I am ordering the Mopar, more coverage and I can pick them up at my Jeep dealership for less than the junk RR ones.

Oh crap. I ordered them already. I guess I'll be sending them back as soon as they get here. What a waste.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.