Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Common places to wire a light switch (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/common-places-to-wire-a-light-switch-250066.html)

EricsRubi 06-17-2013 10:45 PM

Common places to wire a light switch
 
Considering places I would like to wire in my first auxiliary lighting switch. Would love to see some pictures of where you all have placed yours on your tjs!

techflork 06-17-2013 11:07 PM

ugh I don't have my jeep down here :( but I put the switches in the stock dash spots. check out OTRATTW, just google it. They make awesome awesome switches. It's worth the price man, just do it. I have all labeled switches that light up when one, one shows a pic for my bumper lights, and one has a pic for my windshield lights. Then I have one for the winch! goods stuff man, give them a call and double check your order though cause that site is crazy confusing.

Bigman610 06-18-2013 10:02 AM

I put on a Rigid 10" bar and there wiring harness came with a round switch.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...z1PtGCzx75xRUg
I put the switch in place of the cigarette lighter. Works great and looks great!

EricsRubi 06-18-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigman610 (Post 3872609)
I put on a Rigid 10" bar and there wiring harness came with a round switch.

I put the switch in place of the cigarette lighter. Works great and looks great!

That's neat haha

Davidicus1 06-18-2013 03:56 PM

switch placement
 
i had heated seats that didn't work but there were 2 switches already drilled into console just behind gearshift. took it apart and replaced switch with round one that came with spots. no drilling and now one of those switches actually does something. when i put some on the windshield the other one will work also.

EricsRubi 06-18-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidicus1 (Post 3873878)
i had heated seats that didn't work but there were 2 switches already drilled into console just behind gearshift. took it apart and replaced switch with round one that came with spots. no drilling and now one of those switches actually does something. when i put some on the windshield the other one will work also.

I was thinking behind the 4wd handle where the plastic is slanted there is enough room for two switches. Or a daystar vent with two switches

wwch99tj 06-18-2013 05:24 PM

You can buy switches that look like the factory switches that go where your hardtop switches go...
http://m.ebay.com/search?cad=1&so=12...itch&mfs=KWCLK

EricsRubi 06-18-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwch99tj (Post 3874159)
You can buy switches that look like the factory switches that go where your hardtop switches go...
http://m.ebay.com/search?cad=1&so=12...itch&mfs=KWCLK

I know, but no can do with a rubicon doe :/

Patrick H 06-18-2013 09:17 PM

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...5/100_2808.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...5/100_2807.jpg

And here are the relays

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...5/100_2811.jpg

JRoweMDN 06-18-2013 09:29 PM

I am not sure what your budget is but check out the SPod system. It is really a nice set up with all the relays to be ready for up to 6 items. It has a switch panel that mounts between the visors. It is a little pricey but I am going to make it my next mod when I start adding lights. I saw it all set up at Jeep Beach and can't wait.

http://www.4x4spod.com/category_s/42.htm

EricsRubi 06-20-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRoweMDN (Post 3875106)
I am not sure what your budget is but check out the SPod system. It is really a nice set up with all the relays to be ready for up to 6 items. It has a switch panel that mounts between the visors. It is a little pricey but I am going to make it my next mod when I start adding lights. I saw it all set up at Jeep Beach and can't wait.

http://www.4x4spod.com/category_s/42.htm

I love the spod, but upgrading these street tires someone had on a wrangler tj rubicon when I bought it is a first before a $450 switch option. Right in front of the transfer case handle where the plastic is bare and sloping up is actually growing on me for the switch location

JRoweMDN 06-22-2013 09:10 PM

I understand that. That spot would be pretty easy to get to and out of the way. You also could look at the vent switches. They are pretty nice looking.

TJDave 06-22-2013 09:32 PM

I have a few extra switches in my 04 TJ. I mounted them all without having to buy anything extra. Mine is a non-ashtray model. It has a flat spot where an ashtray would normally be. That is where I put my ARB switches. Where hardtop defrost, wiper, and OD switches are, I have a blank. I drilled a hole in the blank and put a rocker switch there. If yours is a Rubi, those are probably all being used. The flat panels on each side of the steering wheel also make a good spot for a switch. I put my winch switch on the left side so I can reach it from outside the Jeep.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...1322080623.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...d/DSCN2482.jpg

MetalMountainGoat 06-22-2013 11:21 PM

My switches for my KCs are where the ash tray would be in my 03.

Jeep_guy3 06-22-2013 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am a huge fan of these, sold by Rugged Ridge. Not the cheapest, but reasonable, and also one of the cleanest that I've seen. I currently have my OBA and winch controls on this one, when I get lockers I'll put in another next to it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.