Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Alabama Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f69/)
-   -   Hawk Pride run.... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f69/hawk-pride-run-250132.html)

Dewstr1 06-18-2013 09:52 AM

Hawk Pride run....
 
I'm putting together a run to Hawk Pride Mtn, in Tuscumbia AL, the weekend of July 13th. I'd like to extend an invitation to anyone who wants to go. If you've never been, check it out (google). It's got everything from mild to wild. Come join us!

Raidan 07-02-2013 09:01 AM

hmmm....heard a lot about Hawk Pride but never been.......just bought a pretty stock 07 JKU and looking to have some fun.....You been there before? what kind of trouble would I run into being stock?

I wont leave it stock but will take time to make the transformation.

Dewstr1 07-02-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raidan (Post 3919930)
hmmm....heard a lot about Hawk Pride but never been.......just bought a pretty stock 07 JKU and looking to have some fun.....You been there before? what kind of trouble would I run into being stock?

I wont leave it stock but will take time to make the transformation.

Yes. We've been there before. JKs have more ground clearance, already. "Pretty Stock"? What has been done to it? You can google hawk pride offroad park, there's pics on the site. Its a cool place.

Raidan 07-02-2013 09:28 AM

Guess I should have said it is stock........nothing has been done....sitting on 245/75r16 streets :nonono: Killing me BUT the tires only have 2K on them......I plan on leveling her out and putting 33 duratrac on.......Been to Hawk Pride website a couple of time but never felt comfortable going by myself

Dewstr1 07-02-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raidan (Post 3920003)
Guess I should have said it is stock........nothing has been done....sitting on 245/75r16 streets :nonono: Killing me BUT the tires only have 2K on them......I plan on leveling her out and putting 33 duratrac on.......Been to Hawk Pride website a couple of time but never felt comfortable going by myself

Well, you're welcome to join us. Street tires might make it a lil tough. There may be an extra seat in someone's rig, if you're not comfortable takin yours.

Raidan 07-02-2013 09:45 AM

As it gets closer I will let you know....probably at least go just to check out the place.

with streets will the easy trails be tough?

Dewstr1 07-02-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raidan (Post 3920050)
As it gets closer I will let you know....probably at least go just to check out the place.

with streets will the easy trails be tough?

They won't be easy, but its a jeep.....they're pretty damn capable. Besides, if it was easy, would it be as fun?

Raidan 07-05-2013 08:08 AM

I talked to my buddy and we are coming out on the 13th........will stay with the bunny trails but it will be fun to see what stock can handle

Hope to see you there

btw I will be almost be in your backyard this weekend....my in-laws live in Tupelo and will be spending the weekend at their cabin.

Dewstr1 07-05-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raidan (Post 3929266)
I talked to my buddy and we are coming out on the 13th........will stay with the bunny trails but it will be fun to see what stock can handle

Hope to see you there

btw I will be almost be in your backyard this weekend....my in-laws live in Tupelo and will be spending the weekend at their cabin.

Awesome!!!! We should get to HP around 9:00-9:30. Ill be on the bunny-ish trails, too....I'm still a novice. Where are you located? Are yall camping? Ill be passing through tupelo early in the mornin, headed to my uncles, in selmer, tn.

Raidan 07-05-2013 02:59 PM

I am in Florence, Al so not far from HP....nah we wont be camping.....just come out for the day.

Dewstr1 07-05-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raidan (Post 3930249)
I am in Florence, Al so not far from HP....nah we wont be camping.....just come out for the day.

Cool!

Raidan 07-12-2013 07:43 AM

Does not look like I am going to make it this weekend.....probably a good thing with the amount of rain we have gotten....stock tire probably would cause trouble.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.