Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/)
-   -   4.2 AT 1990 - plug ??? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/4-2-at-1990-plug-250557.html)

cosworth13 06-20-2013 07:29 AM

4.2 AT 1990 - plug ???
 
What can be the plug? It hangs on the right side of the engine block, there are two cables (orange and green)?
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-I...no/kabelek.jpg

cosworth13 06-21-2013 12:18 AM

Only my Jeep has this plug? :-)

Mbclark 06-21-2013 12:25 AM

Passenger or driver side?

gasparni 06-21-2013 12:59 AM

Do you still have the stock air filter set up? It looks like its part of that. Should plug into the back of the air filter housing, its some sort of sensor for emissions i believe.

cosworth13 06-21-2013 03:22 AM

passenger side and still I have the stock air filter

anotheridiot 06-21-2013 08:10 AM

To me it was just like the plug for the distributor, so I just thought it was a different plug for a different distributor or hei possibly. The old days of AMC Jeep used to vary parts from many different suppliers and I figured they just added a plug to the harness instead of needing to replace it.

Mbclark 06-21-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosworth13 (Post 3884556)
passenger side and still I have the stock air filter

I have a 4.2. Than air filter plus is different on mine but that one looks just like my oil pressure sending unit plug, except a different color. How many pins inside?

cosworth13 06-21-2013 08:29 AM

@ "anotheridiot" it's very likely, because the plug is very close to the distributor.

Mbclark 06-21-2013 08:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosworth13 (Post 3884965)
@ "anotheridiot" it's very likely, because the plug is very close to the distributor.



Attachment 264138

Oil Pressure Sending unit

Attachment 264139

AF Plug

Attachment 264140

Distributor Plug

cosworth13 06-21-2013 08:57 AM

@Mbclark - Could you check the quantity and colors of wires at this plugs? Thanks a lot

Mbclark 06-21-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosworth13 (Post 3885034)
@Mbclark - Could you check the quantity and colors of wires at this plugs? Thanks a lot

It has two wires going into it but has a 3 prong female receptacle. 3rd prong has no metal contacts in it. One wire is orange and the other is a old brown color but it's not original. This old Jeep has had a few wiring issues in the past so I have some spliced wires. With that being said there is only so many places it can reach and plug into. On the back of the block, passenger side there is a 90 degree elbow screwed into the block that has two sensors in it. One is a brass colored about the size of a Dixie cup with one wire on top the other is small oil pressure sensor held metal half plastic.....this one plugs into the plug in question.

Mbclark 06-21-2013 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbclark (Post 3885464)

It has two wires going into it but has a 3 prong female receptacle. 3rd prong has no metal contacts in it. One wire is orange and the other is a old brown color but it's not original. This old Jeep has had a few wiring issues in the past so I have some spliced wires. With that being said there is only so many places it can reach and plug into. On the back of the block, passenger side there is a 90 degree elbow screwed into the block that has two sensors in it. One is a brass colored about the size of a Dixie cup with one wire on top the other is small oil pressure sensor held metal half plastic.....this one plugs into the plug in question.



Attachment 264186

Correction....this is the oil pressure unit. Should be attached to a fitting with another sensor(not sure what it is)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.