Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Steelers/Ravens (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/steelers-ravens-25060.html)

JCS05Rubi 01-11-2009 07:48 PM

Steelers/Ravens
 
........Again. :eek::D Should be a better game than the Superbowl. Every time these two teams play, it is always a slugfest. As far as I can tell, whoever wins this game is basically the Superbowl winner anyway. Just hope we can keep the 2-0 record going to 3-0 this year (Go Steelers! :flipoff:).

Edit: POLL

Dare2BSquare 01-11-2009 07:54 PM

I hate playing a good team that you have already beaten twice in close games. The odds are not in your favor...

But, Steelers 16 Ravens 13

Scout 01-11-2009 08:55 PM

Steelers but it should be a helluva game. It will be a better game than the Super Bowl.

jgano23 01-11-2009 09:19 PM

i'm going w/ the steelers, even though roethlisberger has been unpredictable this season. (still not bad for a guy that got hit by a car)

02Prove 01-11-2009 09:53 PM

Steelers Baby!!!

JCS05Rubi 01-12-2009 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 306810)
i'm going w/ the steelers, even though roethlisberger has been unpredictable this season. (still not bad for a guy that got hit by a car)

He has been hit or miss this season, really makes me nervous every weekend. He did have a couple injuries throughout the season, so hopefully that bye-week helped him get back on track. Leftwich is actually a good QB from the couple games I have seen him play, so maybe he will step up if Roethlisberger is having a bad day.

jgano23 01-12-2009 07:02 AM

despite roethlisberger's inconsistencies this season, they are still favored 5-9 to win the super bowl. i am hoping to see an eagles-steelers super bowl this year. the eagles are definitely the underdog. as of the beginning of the season their odds of winning the bowl were 130 to 1 where as the steelers were 25 to 1. as of right now (with the nfc & afc championship yet to play) the steelers are favored 5 to 9 and the eages 2 to 1. well, i guess we shall wait until until next sunday to see. i'll just keep my fingers crossed.

gus54 01-12-2009 08:03 PM

I'm from C-town. That's like asking me whether I want a board across the face or a kick in the boys. :banghead:

Dare2BSquare 01-12-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 306947)
despite roethlisberger's inconsistencies this season, they are still favored 5-9 to win the super bowl. i am hoping to see an eagles-steelers super bowl this year. the eagles are definitely the underdog. as of the beginning of the season their odds of winning the bowl were 130 to 1 where as the steelers were 25 to 1. as of right now (with the nfc & afc championship yet to play) the steelers are favored 5 to 9 and the eages 2 to 1. well, i guess we shall wait until until next sunday to see. i'll just keep my fingers crossed.

They reported today that he had a spinal concussion from that hit in the Cleveland game. When they took him off the field they were sticking pins in his arm and he couldn't feel it.

4Jeepn 01-12-2009 09:44 PM

Steelers! If the line can block like they did in the chargers game and parker can find a few holes they should have a very good chance.

BlackJK 01-14-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn (Post 307440)
Steelers! If the line can block like they did in the chargers game and parker can find a few holes they should have a very good chance.

x2. Their secondary needs to tighten it up a bit, though. In the past couple of weeks, they've been giving up some big yardage plays.

05GT-O.C.D. 01-14-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldgus (Post 307358)
I'm from C-town. That's like asking me whether I want a board across the face or a kick in the boys. :banghead:

Those were my thoughts as well. Here... one for the Steelers and one for the Ravens. :flipoff:

njatrtljp 01-14-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldgus (Post 307358)
I'm from C-town. That's like asking me whether I want a board across the face or a kick in the boys. :banghead:

that about sums up my thoughts completely.

jgano23 01-14-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njatrtljp (Post 308226)
that about sums up my thoughts completely.

i'm a raider fan, so i've just about given up on my dream of seeing them win a super bowl in my life time.

AzTJ 01-14-2009 07:26 PM

I'm a Steelers fan first. :D

Then Cardinals.

njatrtljp 01-15-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 308475)
i'm a raider fan, so i've just about given up on my dream of seeing them win a super bowl in my life time.

yeah but your did not go 10-6 last year and barely miss the playoffs then follow it up with a 4-12 season this year. Hopefully Mangini will help us next year.

gus54 01-15-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njatrtljp (Post 308755)
Hopefully Mangini will help us next year.

:rofl:

njatrtljp 01-15-2009 10:59 PM

Note the hopefully, I have to try to stay positive. Almost anything will be better than this past year.

jgano23 01-18-2009 06:19 PM

OK, 1st half and it is 6 - 0 Steelers!!!!

02Prove 01-18-2009 07:44 PM

This has been a slobber knocker so far!

JCS05Rubi 01-18-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02Prove (Post 310324)
This has been a slobber knocker so far!

x2. Lots of poor calls on Pitts, and lots of legit bad pentalties as well. Balt just started getting in the rythym at the end of the 1st half, but it is supposed to start snowing in Pitts any minute, so I think it may be too little too late.

What is the tally now? 4 injured ravens, 3 steelers (2 still playing)? The score is a lot higher than I was expecting, but still a good game.

GO PITT!

02Prove 01-18-2009 09:35 PM

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...teelers/43.jpg

Scout 01-18-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02Prove (Post 310388)

:blunt:

Dare2BSquare 01-18-2009 09:37 PM

AMEN, BRO. Troy is Da Man!!!

BTW, hope McGahee is okay. That was a brutal hit.

JCS05Rubi 01-18-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 310392)
AMEN, BRO. Troy is Da Man!!!

BTW, hope McGahee is okay. That was a brutal hit.

x2. No one wants to see anyone get seriously injured in a sports game, even if it is a rival team. McGahee will be in my prayers, and I hope he has a speedy recovery. Baltimore really didn't bring too much today, did they? They showed a couple sparks, but for the most part it looked like they expected to loose.

02Prove 01-18-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 310392)
AMEN, BRO. Troy is Da Man!!!

BTW, hope McGahee is okay. That was a brutal hit.

Yessir... definately hope McGahee is okay.

Dare2BSquare 01-18-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCS05Rubi (Post 310396)
x2. No one wants to see anyone get seriously injured in a sports game, even if it is a rival team. McGahee will be in my prayers, and I hope he has a speedy recovery. Baltimore really didn't bring too much today, did they? They showed a couple sparks, but for the most part it looked like they expected to loose.

Flacco just seemed to have that deer in the headlights look all game. Probably because he was staring down that nasty, evil Steeler's D.

Number 6, baby!!! :D

Dare2BSquare 01-18-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout (Post 310390)
:blunt:

^^^ Flacco. ^^^


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.