Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   June 23rd climb to Pikes Peak (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/june-23rd-climb-to-pikes-peak-250801.html)

Oberst Hajj 06-21-2013 10:14 AM

June 23rd climb to Pikes Peak
 
With all the fires burning right now, the wife and I want to stay out of the wood for a bit longer. But, we still want to get out and do something in the Jeep and since she has never been to the top of Pikes Peak (and she is a native no less!), we thought this Sunday might be the perfect day for it.

I know it's not really off roading, but if we all grab lunch together, it could still be a fun day at over 14,000 feet!

Anyone interested in joining us?

bmlbrewer 06-21-2013 10:50 AM

I would love to, but my girl is having some transmission problems resolved at the shop an I won't have her back until Monday. :(

Lanco 06-21-2013 10:55 AM

wish i could.. Take lots of pictures please!

Oberst Hajj 06-21-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmlbrewer (Post 3885442)
I would love to, but my girl is having some transmission problems resolved at the shop an I won't have her back until Monday. :(

Oh, that's not good. I do recall quite a bit of grinding sounds coming from your girl last time we were out. Anything major?

bmlbrewer 06-21-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj (Post 3885527)

Oh, that's not good. I do recall quite a bit of grinding sounds coming from your girl last time we were out. Anything major?

Rebuilding the tranny and transfer case. Then throwing an exhaust in it while its there. Gonna be even louder and more obnoxious next time we go out! But in total it's setting be back quite a bit and Im Jeepless for a week. So much for having her paid off next month like I was planning.

Oberst Hajj 06-21-2013 05:59 PM

Sorry to hear that man.

Full Spool 06-21-2013 06:13 PM

Pikes peak?
Hotrod nationals are in pueblo this weekend..
Tejon street bike fest is sunday...

There's just much more to do this summer than look over the top of a mountain :angel:

bmlbrewer 06-21-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj (Post 3886702)
Sorry to hear that man.

Haha. Thanks. I was originally quoted $2800, and just got off the phone with them and apparently they want 3900 now. I'm kind of furious and am gonna be having words with them when I go to pick it up on Monday. Serious words.

Oberst Hajj 06-21-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Spool (Post 3886740)
Pikes peak?
Hotrod nationals are in pueblo this weekend..
Tejon street bike fest is sunday...

There's just much more to do this summer than look over the top of a mountain :angel:

We are quite happy to get away from the crowds. ;)

Oberst Hajj 06-21-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmlbrewer (Post 3886758)
Haha. Thanks. I was originally quoted $2800, and just got off the phone with them and apparently they want 3900 now. I'm kind of furious and am gonna be having words with them when I go to pick it up on Monday. Serious words.

Man that sucks... don't know that I'd give them the extra $1100 if they gave you a written quote.

bmlbrewer 06-21-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj (Post 3886786)

Man that sucks... don't know that I'd give them the extra $1100 if they gave you a written quote.

They didn't because they said they'd call me with a quote after they looked at it and saw what it needed. And because I didn't have a vehicle, I couldn't get back down there to pick up a written quote, but I talked to the owner multiple times and he told me that he would NOT be exceeding 3 grand, no matter what. The original quote was $2200 before my exhaust which was 600. The fact that it was still under 3k is the while reason I went ahead and had them do the exhaust.

xxximpact05 06-21-2013 08:32 PM

That sounds like a ton of fun I may be in depending on the gf's work schedule. Plus I think which which does free subs if u take a photo on top of a 14er with one of their bags

HK_Runner 06-21-2013 09:07 PM

I'd like to get away but need to get that CB finally done and see if I can figure out that trackbar-to-spring contact issue. I guess I need to finally get a decent floor jack somewhere. Too many fires here. There is one near Conifer too...worries me. That one is not very far from me, though I suspect this neighborhood is safe.

BrianTG 06-21-2013 09:16 PM

Attachment 264356


Little smokey for me at the moment.

Sinister6 06-21-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianTG (Post 3887230)
Attachment 264356


Little smokey for me at the moment.

Just close your windows! Oh and put your doors on!:D

Oberst Hajj 06-22-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HK_Runner (Post 3887195)
I'd like to get away but need to get that CB finally done and see if I can figure out that trackbar-to-spring contact issue. I guess I need to finally get a decent floor jack somewhere. Too many fires here. There is one near Conifer too...worries me. That one is not very far from me, though I suspect this neighborhood is safe.

Why don't you swing by my place early before hand and we can knock that CB out for you. If there is time, I've got a floor jack you can use to have a look at your spring issue. Don't know if I'd be able to help you figure it out, but at least you might be able to see it better.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister6 (Post 3887483)
Just close your windows! Oh and put your doors on!:D

lol, definately. Our Jeep will be buttoned up for sure! I'm hoping with the wind coming out of the north today, that tomorrow might not be that smokey... or maybe not up that high. It'll be interesting to see how many smoke plums we can see from up there.


Quote:

Originally Posted by xxximpact05 (Post 3887110)
That sounds like a ton of fun I may be in depending on the gf's work schedule. Plus I think which which does free subs if u take a photo on top of a 14er with one of their bags

Be glad to have you along! I'd never even heard of Which Which before, but here is their 14'er program:

Quote:

Did you know that Which Wich is "14er" friendly? In Colorado alone there are over 50 mountain peaks that are over 14,000 feet. As part of our Which Peak program, Which Wich customers who submit a photo of themselves with a Which Wich bag at the top of a 14er peak receive a FREE WICH on their next visit.

In our Colorado stores you'll find the Which Peak form, listing all the 14ers in the state. Take a form, check off which peak you summit, submit it along with the picture of you and your Which Wich bag at the peak, redeem your free wich, and add your photo to our Which Peak community walls. Then choose your next peak and repeat!

Oberst Hajj 06-22-2013 08:26 PM

We are going to grab lunch at 11:00 at Rudy's and then make the drive up of anyone wants to join us.

Oberst Hajj 06-23-2013 10:28 PM

It turned out to be a beautiful day up in the mountains today. No smoke at all, mid to high 60's all day. After we came down from the Peak, we hit Schubarth Road. I really like this trail and the wife and two friends that were with us had never been on it. They all liked it as well.

Now for the photos from 14,110 feet...

http://www.sailsofglory.org/attachme...3&d=1372043583

http://www.sailsofglory.org/attachme...4&d=1372043586

http://www.sailsofglory.org/attachme...2&d=1372043578

http://www.sailsofglory.org/attachme...0&d=1372043575

http://www.sailsofglory.org/attachme...9&d=1372043574

http://www.sailsofglory.org/attachme...7&d=1372043571

http://www.sailsofglory.org/attachme...5&d=1372043587

http://www.sailsofglory.org/attachme...8&d=1372043573

Lanco 06-23-2013 11:51 PM

Beautiful pictures! :drool:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.