Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   2014 Confirmed color discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2014-confirmed-color-discussion-250897.html)

donmeca2020 06-21-2013 05:57 PM

2014 Confirmed color discussion

I decided to make this thread for people whom are interested in talking about the new 2014 colors that are available now, and that will be coming out within the next few months. this thread was also made so it will make the few grown men on here that are crying in the 2014 info thread stop bitching... feel free to discuss what you think one of them will look like and or anything pertaining to the colors of 2014 models that will be released. :thumb:

Copperhead and hydro blue are my two top contenders for when i order :punk:

BostonStrong77 06-21-2013 09:14 PM

Don- have you checked around you to see if there are any Cosmos Blue Jeeps? A dealer I know said they should be very similar. I looked at a Rubi in Cosmos and it was a bit too blue for my taste.

donmeca2020 06-21-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 (Post 3887225)
Don- have you checked around you to see if there are any Cosmos Blue Jeeps? A dealer I know said they should be very similar. I looked at a Rubi in Cosmos and it was a bit too blue for my taste.

Boston, all the dealers i personally went to around my area had nothing but 2013 models. although im pretty set on either copperhead or the hydro blue. i will end up ordering which ever comes out first. hell if granite crystal comes out before both of them i might consider that as well... who knows. all i know is im ready to order a jeep and start modding and cruising around with it :thumb:

Now that you mention cosmo blue. i recall seeing one in a supermarket parking lot about 3 weeks back. cosmo blue is nice but its really a pastel looking color. i'm hoping that hydro is more of a metallic color.

BostonStrong77 06-21-2013 09:24 PM

I saw it on a used 2011 Rubi. Almost pulled the trigger until be told me he wanted $33,500 for it even though it had almost 35k miles. I'm really hoping Copperhead is released soon. I've got a dealer emailing me every day with updates.

I also agree with you regarding the other thread. Who cares if people are asking about colors. Last I checked, color is an option, which means that new color releases is information.

StarBrite 06-21-2013 09:28 PM

I don't think there's any such thing as TOO blue! :whistling:

I cannot wait for hydro to come out, so I can see what it looks like! Every day I check the 2014 info thread just to see if Pat has any release updates. :popcorn:

BostonStrong77 06-21-2013 09:37 PM

To each his own. We all have our opinions. It's a nice color, just not for me.

domr 06-21-2013 09:40 PM

So, what color will the Rubicon letters be on my 2014 Anvil?

donmeca2020 06-21-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 (Post 3887267)
I saw it on a used 2011 Rubi. Almost pulled the trigger until be told me he wanted $33,500 for it even though it had almost 35k miles. I'm really hoping Copperhead is released soon. I've got a dealer emailing me every day with updates.

I also agree with you regarding the other thread. Who cares if people are asking about colors. Last I checked, color is an option, which means that new color releases is information.

yea... no that's definetly too much for a used one. i'm hoping that the new batch of colors are ready for order by the second week of july as Brian from fields auto in sanford Fl thinks.

see now this feels alot better without any people whining or complaining about people asking too much about colors. WE THE PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW lol :D

Sucker Punch 06-21-2013 09:51 PM

Granite Crystal for the WIN!

BostonStrong77 06-21-2013 09:58 PM

Completely off topic of color, but have you all checked out SpiderWebShades? A buddy of mine has one and she was telling me its a "must have" for me with my "short clear hair".

donmeca2020 06-21-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 (Post 3887365)
Completely off topic of color, but have you all checked out SpiderWebShades? A buddy of mine has one and she was telling me its a "must have" for me with my "short clear hair".

short clear hair ? is that a nice way of saying grey or white ? :hide:

I hear those spiderweb shades are great, i just don't want to buy anything with color yet until i know what color jku i end up buying.

BostonStrong77 06-21-2013 10:05 PM

It's her nice way of saying I'm going bald...from what I've heard, the black ones work the best as far as keeping out sunlight.

BB1857 06-21-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 (Post 3887365)

I'd agree with her....drove around a few hours one day a few weeks ago when it was sunny and 94....fried my head and was hot as hell...next day I ordered a Spiderweb Shade and problems solved!

donmeca2020 06-21-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB1857 (Post 3887387)
I'd agree with her....drove around a few hours one day a few weeks ago when it was sunny and 94....fried my head and was hot as hell...next day I ordered a Spiderweb Shade and problems solved!

i might as well go pick one up after i end up purchasing my ordered jeep that i have not yet ordered :banghead:

Milkman 06-21-2013 10:20 PM

:popcorn:

We all really need our new Jeeps so we have something to do.

domr 06-21-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milkman (Post 3887412)

Seriously this wait sucks. I just keep refreshing the forum.

donmeca2020 06-21-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domr (Post 3887416)
Seriously this wait sucks. I just keep refreshing the forum.

you know you got it bad, when most of your free time is spent on here in WF looking at the 2014 info thread to see what info was released today :thumb:

BostonStrong77 06-21-2013 10:39 PM

Pretty sure my wife is close to throttling me. July can't come fast enough.

JeepCourtney3700 06-22-2013 12:07 AM

This thread would be an awesome place to showcase 2014 colors on models in pics, not just paint chips. As colors become available, please post pics of what they look like on actual Wranglers.

I've doubts that Hydro Blue will look like Cosmos Blue; Hydro Blue, if anything like Atlantic Blue, will be probably end up being closer to a medium sky blue. Not a bad color on a Wrangler, but grossly toned down from Cosmos Blue.

Strictly my opinion.

64Chevy 06-22-2013 12:23 AM

Took an hour round trip drive today to see two Dodge Rams in copperhead. The one thing I'll say that isn't really an opinion is that, compared to other current copper shades on other makes, it is some duller and less "poppy". I saw a copper Ford Edge, a copper Chevy HHR, and a copper Kia Rio all within several minutes of looking at the trucks on the dealer's lot. In all cases, cooperhead was less bright. The other thing (and this opinion) is that on the truck that had more black accents cooperhead didn't look as good (a flattish paint color with flattish black) whereas the truck with more "chrome" looked better, to my eye.

When I looked at cooperhead up close I liked it--nice metal flake, nice hue, etc. But the farther I stepped back the less I liked it. I think those that like really bright (they've been called Skittles) colors won't like it as much, but as it has been said color is very much an individual choice.

I was sure, from the swatches, that copperhead was going to be my color--now, I'm not so sure. It was a cloudy day--so it may pop more in direct sunlight.

3PedalMINI 06-22-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 64Chevy (Post 3887686)
Took an hour round trip drive today to see two Dodge Rams in copperhead. The one thing I'll say that isn't really an opinion is that, compared to other current copper shades on other makes, it is some duller and less "poppy". I saw a copper Ford Edge, a copper Chevy HHR, and a copper Kia Rio all within several minutes of looking at the trucks on the dealer's lot. In all cases, cooperhead was less bright. The other thing (and this opinion) is that on the truck that had more black accents cooperhead didn't look as good (a flattish paint color with flattish black) whereas the truck with more "chrome" looked better, to my eye.

When I looked at cooperhead up close I liked it--nice metal flake, nice hue, etc. But the farther I stepped back the less I liked it. I think those that like really bright (they've been called Skittles) colors won't like it as much, but as it has been said color is very much an individual choice.

I was sure, from the swatches, that copperhead was going to be my color--now, I'm not so sure. It was a cloudy day--so it may pop more in direct sunlight.

Sunlight will completely change your opinion..it's an incredible color

3PedalMINI 06-22-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milkman (Post 3887412)

Lol, I'm dying here and I haven't even ordered it yet :banghead:

NFRs2000NYC 06-22-2013 01:00 AM

http://wayalife.com/attachment.php?a...6&d=1371616730

GCMatt 06-22-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 64Chevy (Post 3887686)
When I looked at cooperhead up close I liked it--nice metal flake, nice hue, etc. But the farther I stepped back the less I liked it.

I'm in the same boat as you with the copperhead. But, I feel exactly the opposite about the Granite. I saw it from across the lot on a Challenger and my impression was "Holy crap, that is my color." But then I got close to it and liked it a lot less.

This and the Sport vs. Rubicon question keep me up at night. :banghead:

kjeeper10 06-22-2013 03:22 AM

I cleaned up some of this nonsense. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread, move on.

TOK 06-22-2013 05:36 AM

I hope this isn't too much of a sidetrack, but is it common for Jeep to add colors mid year? The reason I ask is that I read that Commando and Rock Lobster are gone, which makes it seem like there is a real lack of "funky" colors for 2014.

The Granite, Hydro and Flame Red are all very nice, but also very safe. Makes me wonder if they are taking a step back from the polarizing color choices.

LoveJiuJitsu 06-22-2013 06:00 AM

I 'think' I saw a Dodge Charger in granite crystal when I was picking up my JKU the other day. It's definitely different than I thought, if it's what the JK will also come in. The light really made it look like there was a purple tint to it (was at sunset).

It was gorgeous though.

Sucker Punch 06-22-2013 07:25 AM

Here are some pictures of the granite crystal on different cars at different angles that I have been able to find. I almost made the drive to see a dodge challenger in granite last night.

Enjoy!

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townn...7143.image.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...210_172616.jpg

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/...heathcar21.jpg

BostonStrong77 06-22-2013 07:55 AM

I agree about it looking different in varying amounts of light. When I first saw Billet, I stopped dead in my tracks. But once I started seeing it around town more and more, the more I noticed that on certain days it was a very dull color. As far as hydro looking like Atlantic blue, that would be a shame. Atlantic blue is a very drab and muted blue. Not what many Wrangler owners are wanting.

Cdwright 06-22-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarBrite (Post 3887279)
I don't think there's any such thing as TOO blue! :whistling:

I cannot wait for hydro to come out, so I can see what it looks like! Every day I check the 2014 info thread just to see if Pat has any release updates. :popcorn:

Right?