Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Warn winch rebate (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/warn-winch-rebate-251097.html)

NC Bear 06-22-2013 07:47 PM

Warn winch rebate

OK guys I bought a Warn winch at the beginning of March, the M8000 to be specific. I mounted it on my Jeep and and am quite pleased with it. I went Warn because it was a few dollars more than the cheaper Chinese made winches and the Warn is made in America with a great support network. (ok ok 350.00 more):whistling:

This thread is about the rebate that was going on at the time for a free medium duty recovery "kit". I wanted the winch and I already had most of the stuff in the "kit" but decided hell, if they are giving it to me for free I will take it, and add it to my stash. One can't have enough stuff, right?:D besides the rebate kit was priced at 200.00 so that brought the price of the winch down closer to the Smittybilt type winches. win win!:thumb:

I filled out the paperwork and mailed the necessary documentation and waited. The paperwork said to expect delivery in 8-10 weeks, but in about 5 weeks I came home to a package on my doorstep.

Inside was a tow strap, a tree strap, a snatch block, two Warn stamped D rings, a pair of really nice gloves, and a nice padded bag to carry it all in. The bag is double stitched and has enough room for the recovery "kit", and room for quite a bit more. I was displeased to see the kit was all made in China, but it certainly feels to be of better quality than the 99.00 Smittybilt recovery "kit"

Now, I am just coming back from vacation and my next rotation off I plan on heading out for a wheeling trip down to U R E national forest and will give the "kit" a run through its paces and will report back, but I am sure it will be fine.

Big-T 06-26-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC Bear (Post 3889500)
OK guys I bought a Warn winch at the beginning of March, the M8000 to be specific. I mounted it on my Jeep and and am quite pleased with it. I went Warn because it was a few dollars more than the cheaper Chinese made winches and the Warn is made in America with a great support network. (ok ok 350.00 more):whistling:

This thread is about the rebate that was going on at the time for a free medium duty recovery "kit". I wanted the winch and I already had most of the stuff in the "kit" but decided hell, if they are giving it to me for free I will take it, and add it to my stash. One can't have enough stuff, right?:D besides the rebate kit was priced at 200.00 so that brought the price of the winch down closer to the Smittybilt type winches. win win!:thumb:

I filled out the paperwork and mailed the necessary documentation and waited. The paperwork said to expect delivery in 8-10 weeks, but in about 5 weeks I came home to a package on my doorstep.

Inside was a tow strap, a tree strap, a snatch block, two Warn stamped D rings, a pair of really nice gloves, and a nice padded bag to carry it all in. The bag is double stitched and has enough room for the recovery "kit", and room for quite a bit more. I was displeased to see the kit was all made in China, but it certainly feels to be of better quality than the 99.00 Smittybilt recovery "kit"

Now, I am just coming back from vacation and my next rotation off I plan on heading out for a wheeling trip down to U R E national forest and will give the "kit" a run through its paces and will report back, but I am sure it will be fine.

Glad to hear you got it! Looking forward to getting my kit as well. I am about 3+ weeks out since I sent my stuff off. Did you ever get any kind of a confirmation from Warn that they recived your stuff ect? I have not. I purchased the Power Plant HP and it is just an awesome winch. It will air -up my 37's from 10 to 30 lbs in less than 2 min. sure makes life good at the trail head.

NC Bear 06-26-2013 05:56 PM

yea I got an email confirmation within a week and said I would have a followup when it shipped. It shipped but I am still waiting on the email (LOL)

I wish I had the coin for the power plant. I wanted seats and tummy tuck worse than always onboard air. (I have a tank that I toss in when I wheel where I need to air down)

It will be on my shot list though.

Big-T 06-26-2013 07:04 PM

Maybe the same person that forgot your shipping email forgot my info received email :facepalm: LOL. Guess I should call and see if they got it, I wouldn't think a company like Warn would drop the ball but you never know. I sold my Warn cti-9.5 after the first of the year with the plan to get a power plant. I would have bought it last month for the $100 warn debt card but I herd about the recov.gear so I waited. I'll let you know what they say.

Getnoff 06-26-2013 09:31 PM

Did u send the orig receipt like they request, or a photocopy? About to mail mine out.
Troy

NC Bear 06-27-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getnoff (Post 3903205)
Did u send the orig receipt like they request, or a photocopy? About to mail mine out.
Troy

I sent the original like it said. I simply snapped a picture of the receipt and kept it saved. If I need another receipt I can get an "official" copy from 4wheelparts over in Raleigh.

Big-T 06-27-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC Bear (Post 3903883)
I sent the original like it said. I simply snapped a picture of the receipt and kept it saved. If I need another receipt I can get an "official" copy from 4wheelparts over in Raleigh.

Same here, send original Receipt.

Getnoff 06-27-2013 07:05 PM

Thx!
Troy

Big-T 07-05-2013 06:44 PM

Up date on my Warn rebate kit:
So I still had not received a confirmation email and was getting a little concerned, so called Warn last week to check on my info etc, and found they had not received it via snail mail :banghead:.
So the kind gentleman had me email him my copied info ( Made copys as well as took pic's for a little CYA and thankfully I did). got them to him ASAP and He sent me a confirmation Email and said he would try his best to expedite it for me due to the fact it had been 4 wks already.
Imo if you are going send in this rebate, or any rebate be sure to make copys, (CYA) as in my case it save me alot of headaches. still waiting for "Brown Santa". GL guys.