Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   2009 So Cal WF Meet & Greet Run - March 27-29 (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/2009-so-cal-wf-meet-and-greet-run-march-27-29-a-25124.html)

Unlimited 01-13-2009 10:36 AM

2009 So Cal WF Meet & Greet Run - March 27-29

There are a lot of new So Cal members on the board and I think it's time to put some faces to the screen names we "talk" to all the time on the board.

I'm thinking of putting together a Saturday run in the next few months, where we can all get together for the day and have some fun. We will most likely be doing something down in Anza Borrego. There are plenty of places to camp and hotels in the area if you want to make a week-end of it.

Tentative dates are: Jan 31st, Feb 21st, or March 21st.

But before I can put it together, I need to know what you are interested in, skill level, Jeep set-up, etc... So post up and let us know if you are interested.

turdhurdler 01-13-2009 10:53 AM

I would be very interested in doing a group run. My Jeep is stock suspension with 31 ATs and I just installed new bumpers with D rings for recovery points. I carry a tow strap with me. My skill level would be beginner to easy as this is my first 4X4.

Jeff

tiny terror 01-13-2009 11:08 AM

You know Cain and I are in. Baby is fixed and ready for business.

Dare2BSquare 01-13-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 307610)
Baby is fixed and ready for business.

You talking about your jeep, or CAIN??? :D

ccain 01-13-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare (Post 307618)
You talking about your jeep, or CAIN??? :D

She's talking about the Jeep. The Jeep is "Baby". I'm "hey you old retarded bastid". :D

I'm gonna echo tiny here Brian and saying "hell yeah"! You just let me know what I can do to help! :punk:

4point 01-13-2009 11:36 AM

If this becomes a two day camping event I'm in. Its just too far for one day.

Dare2BSquare 01-13-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccain (Post 307621)
She's talking about the Jeep. The Jeep is "Baby". I'm "hey you old retarded bastid". :D

But, I didn't hear you denying that it could apply to you!

Unlimited 01-13-2009 01:26 PM

We could do a Friday night / Saturday / Sunday Morning thing if people are open to it. Some of us could camp and the rest could come on Saturday morning and meet up for the run and then head back to camp for dinner / camp fire. I would love to do a night run through Sandstone Canyon.

Anyone else interested in camping?

ccain 01-13-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited (Post 307659)

Anyone else interested in camping?

Yes indeed! I just sent off for my adventure pass! :D

emills 01-13-2009 03:34 PM

Gotta check the calendar on the Jan date. I am for sure out on the other two. Very slow time of year for me - just bad luck.

Unlimited 01-13-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emills (Post 307712)
Gotta check the calendar on the Jan date. I am for sure out on the other two. Very slow time of year for me - just bad luck.

Dates are still up in the air... Anything in March good for you?

emills 01-13-2009 07:11 PM

Got home and checked the calendar. The Jan date works good for me and I am down for a day run that day.

If Feb or March are more what people want - I can pretty much do any weekend in those two aside from the two you mentioned earlier.

Eric

4point 01-13-2009 09:33 PM

Feb/Mar would be nice, but I don't want to make this difficult for you to plan.

ccain 01-13-2009 09:38 PM

Well, we probably wouldn't want to do anything in the desert past March. It starts to heat up in April.

4point 01-13-2009 09:45 PM

My little 6'-6" son wants to come too. This trip sounds great.

turdhurdler 01-14-2009 02:29 AM

After checking my calander, Jan would be out for me due to work, but if the majority want to go then, just take lots of pics so I can see what I missed.

Unlimited 01-14-2009 11:21 AM

After checking the calendar and taking into account that we need to plan the camping portion of the trip, How does March 27 - 29th sound? There is a really nice camp ground in Anza Borrego called Agua Caliente. They have hot showers and two natural hot spring fed pools. I'll find out about camping costs and let everybody know.

4point 01-14-2009 10:38 PM

Sounds good to me, any idea of what trails we will do. Just curious.

Front: Open
Rear: LSD
Stock 3:73 gearing
No armor at all :eek::D
4"lift +-
33's

Unlimited 01-15-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 308649)
Sounds good to me, any idea of what trails we will do. Just curious.

Lots of stuff to do there from very mild to the squeeze and drop-offs to some hard core stuff a bit south. I don't think that there is anything that you will have a problem with. I'd like to do a night run through Sandstone canyon on Friday or Saturday. It mostly depends on who all comes and what their Jeeps are capable of. I'm probabily going out on Thursday night or early Friday morning and staying 'till Sunday afternoon. I promise we'll have time to find something fun.

aldo90731 01-15-2009 09:56 AM

Hi all,

Two days ago I got my first Jeep Wrangler and this is my first post on here.

I would LOVE to join a group run to ease me into this deal.

The drama on this thread got me a little dizzy, though. So is the run on? If so, what's the date? I have most Sundays open --as long as I can be back at work, in one piece, on Monday :)

Unlimited 01-15-2009 10:23 AM

No Drama in this thread... (the drama was in another thread, just ignore it)

The run is set for the Weekend of March 27-29. We will be camping at Agua Caliente campground in Anza Borrego. Anyone is welcome to come just for the day on Saturday or Sunday, or stay the weekend. I'll keep posting details to this thread as they develop.

tiny terror 01-15-2009 12:03 PM

You know Cain and I are open for anything in Borrego. The trails down there can be challenging but with my little BB and 31s I've made quite a few of them so I don't think there will be any issues for anyone else as long as they're lifted a little. And if not, since it's more than one day, if we run something a stock jeep can't there's always a seat to ride along in.

Jerry Bransford 01-15-2009 05:02 PM

Unlimited just PM'd me about this thread, it sounds good to me too and I just added it to my calendar. It'll be good to meet everyone, sounds like a good fun weekend. I'll probably bring the tent trailer and spend Saturday night out there.

Unlimited 01-15-2009 05:44 PM

Glad you can make it Jerry. Should be a blast. Agua Caliente is off S2, about half way between Hwy78 and I8

4point 01-15-2009 07:53 PM

Do we need to reserve campsites in advance or are they first come first serve?

4point 01-15-2009 08:56 PM

Unlimited, is this the camp area you're talking about?
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...uaCalienet.jpg

Unlimited 01-16-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 308947)
Do we need to reserve campsites in advance or are they first come first serve?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4point (Post 308990)
Unlimited, is this the camp area you're talking about?
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...uaCalienet.jpg

Yes, that is the place... I'm working on getting the group camp area. If we can't get that, I'm going to try and get 4 spots together. If that doesn't work out, there are several good boondocking spots or we can get one of the areas over at Ocotillo Wells.

1BLKJP 01-16-2009 01:02 AM

Thanks for the PM on this one Unlimited. I don't come into the Cal threads much, but hell if you all wouldn't mind an old Arizona redneck coming along with my hunk of shite in tow then I'll see what I can do to schedule it.

Jerry Bransford 01-16-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BLKJP (Post 309120)
I don't come into the Cal threads much, but hell if you all wouldn't mind an old Arizona redneck coming along with my hunk of shite in tow then I'll see what I can do to schedule it.

Arizona rednecks are required to bring beer for the campfire. :eek::D

Unlimited 01-16-2009 01:10 PM

Camping Update

Update:

Ok, I've reserved three campsites that are next to each other for Friday, 3/27 and Saturday 3/28 at Agua Caliente camp ground in Anza Borrego. We can have a total of 24 people and multiple tents. The sites will only hold 1 trailer or motor home each. One of them is mine for the duration, so the other two are still up for grabs. (We can probably get more spaces if we need them) We can check in as early as 2:00pm on Friday. Check out is at 1:00pm on Sunday.

As far as amenities go, I have an outdoor kitchen that I set up for anyone to use. There is a bathroom close by, water at each site and hot showers at the campground. There are also two hot mineral pools for camp ground guests to enjoy. We'll probably do community breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday and a spaghetti dinner on Saturday night.

This will be a family friendly outing, so everyone is expected to behave accordingly. I'm tentatively planning runs on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday morning. There will be scenic runs and some challenging stuff. The desert will be beautiful that time of year and the wild flowers will be in bloom. There is nothing super extreme in Anza Borrego as far as trails go and stock rigs should be able to get through anything we do unscathed. (Or maybe with some assistance.) The only vehicle requirements are tow points front and rear, and a safe vehicle that is in good repair.

I'll start a roll call thread for people to post their information in.