Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   NavTV with Aftermarket Stereo System (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/navtv-with-aftermarket-stereo-system-251409.html)

dcstein 06-24-2013 10:30 AM

NavTV with Aftermarket Stereo System

I bought a NavTV (allgig and av harness) unit directly from navtv. I had this, along with a new system (amp, lc7i, and speakers) installed professionally this weekend. After several hours of trying, the installers couldn't get the the system to work properly. They said with the NavTv installed, one of the audio channels on the system was barely audible. They thought it may have been the LC7i or the Amp, but after replacing those and the problem remained, they realized it was the NavTV. They disconnected that and the sound worked as intended. So my question, anyone have a similar issue? Any idea what could cause this or fix it? I'd like to get the NavTv installed so I can use the backup camera and other features. I'll be calling NavTv shortly too and will post if they offer a soluion. Any help is appreciated!

wrangler4eva 06-24-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcstein (Post 3893951)
I bought a NavTV (allgig and av harness) unit directly from navtv. I had this, along with a new system (amp, lc7i, and speakers) installed professionally this weekend. After several hours of trying, the installers couldn't get the the system to work properly. They said with the NavTv installed, one of the audio channels on the system was barely audible. They thought it may have been the LC7i or the Amp, but after replacing those and the problem remained, they realized it was the NavTV. They disconnected that and the sound worked as intended. So my question, anyone have a similar issue? Any idea what could cause this or fix it? I'd like to get the NavTv installed so I can use the backup camera and other features. I'll be calling NavTv shortly too and will post if they offer a soluion. Any help is appreciated!

I've read about this issue on a different forum multiple times, that's why I went and purchased NavTool interface

dcstein 06-25-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrangler4eva (Post 3894680)
I've read about this issue on a different forum multiple times, that's why I went and purchased NavTool interface

Any specific forum threads you can point me to? I've been searching and can't find any threads specific to audio issues.

wrangler4eva 06-25-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcstein (Post 3897167)
Any specific forum threads you can point me to? I've been searching and can't find any threads specific to audio issues.

Not sure I was searching in Google and came across

dcstein 08-06-2013 09:39 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd post my resolution. I worked with the NavTV guys, they are awesome btw, and they ended up writing some new code for Jeeps with a manual transmission. They sent the code to me and I updated it via the included USB wire. Very easy and it worked. Now the device works as advertised and is great. Can't emphasize enough how good the customer service was.

honda400ex81 08-09-2013 05:21 PM

^ yes nav tv is a great company. Shame i didnt see this when you needed an answer. Most of the Nav TV pieces are coded to different trims. When I put NAV TV pieces in at the shop, most time I have to reflash the NAV TV module to the correct trim, which in turn solves the issue. The NAV TV piece is the best on the market.