Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Where to go to get stuff installed? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/where-to-go-to-get-stuff-installed-251633.html)

Jedison 06-25-2013 10:19 AM

Where to go to get stuff installed?

Does anyone know of a good mechanic/place where I can get my discos and sliders installed? I live a stones throw east of Sacramento.

MudRunner 06-25-2013 10:34 AM

You driveway :D :thumb: Discos are very easy to install. 4 bolts (2 per side and you're done. Depending on the sliders I suppose I could understand wanting them professionally installed, and in that case I can't help you. But best of luck :thumb:

dadrunamok 06-25-2013 10:39 AM

You should do these yourself. Both of these mods just bolt on--they're pretty close to foolproof. The only thing you might need is a can of PB Blaster or a breaker bar to loosen the sway bar bolts.
If you don't have the right tools, there are probably dozens of Jeepers around you that would loan them to you. They'd probably even join you for the install to make sure nothing goes wrong. A sixpack of beer is a lot cheaper than a couple hours of shop labor.
And you'll feel great about your rig when you've done the work.

jeepers29 06-25-2013 11:18 AM

Yep, these are DIY. First steps to built not bought.

Jedison 06-25-2013 02:24 PM

I would love to DIY so I can get to know my jeep but I live in a apartment complex that has a strict "no vehicle maintenance" policy :/

PecosRiver 06-25-2013 02:25 PM

Modding is not maintenance.

dadrunamok 06-25-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedison (Post 3898292)
I would love to DIY so I can get to know my jeep but I live in a apartment complex that has a strict "no vehicle maintenance" policy :/

Just post up in the local forum and ask...don't be bashful. I have no doubt that somebody near you will let you use their driveway or their garage for an hour or so to install the new gear.
BTW, what kind of rails and discos did you get?

Jedison 06-25-2013 03:33 PM

Lol. I have the Poison Spider Rock Rails and the JKS Quicker Discos :D

The Local Forum? :facepalm: That's not a bad idea. To be honest, I'm just not use to this type of community. I have never known a group of people who are so willing to share their knowledge and help out. Jeepers are just.... amazing people.

Abnormal-JK 06-25-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedison (Post 3898515)
The Local Forum? :facepalm: That's not a bad idea. To be honest, I'm just not use to this type of community. I have never known a group of people who are so willing to share their knowledge and help out. Jeepers are just.... amazing people.

Get used to it ;)

:wavey:

DC Dennis 06-25-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedison (Post 3898292)

Lots of places in the world you can still wrench for free.
School Parking lot
Office Parking lot
Park Parking lot
Church Parking lot (ask the pastor first and be done by Sunday morning)
Friend's driveway

Jedison 06-25-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PecosRiver (Post 3898294)
Modding is not maintenance.

I know. You know. They don't know :banghead:

THW 06-25-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC Dennis (Post 3898572)
Lots of places in the world you can still wrench for free.
School Parking lot
Office Parking lot
Park Parking lot
Church Parking lot (ask the pastor first and be done by Sunday morning)
Friend's driveway

Not in northern California! I used to live out there and there are municipal ordinances all over the place prohibiting working on your vehicle in pretty much any public place. (So obviously some of your examples would still be ok, but probably not schools and parks).

dadrunamok 06-25-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedison (Post 3898515)
To be honest, I'm just not use to this type of community. I have never known a group of people who are so willing to share their knowledge and help out. Jeepers are just.... amazing people.

Yeah...we are. :whistling:

JEEPDON 06-25-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedison (Post 3897553)
Does anyone know of a good mechanic/place where I can get my discos and sliders installed? I live a stones throw east of Sacramento.

All ya got to do is come to my house!! I've got welders, cut off saws, sawzalls, grinders, and a good selection of tools. We can have ya done in no time......... but I am probly a long way from CA!!!
Just a little glimpse of the flatlands of North Dakota
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...v/IMG_0503.jpg

Jedison 06-25-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPDON (Post 3898839)
All ya got to do is come to my house!! I've got welders, cut off saws, sawzalls, grinders, and a good selection of tools. We can have ya done in no time......... but I am probly a long way from CA!!!
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...v/IMG_0503.jpg

How generous and yet evil of you. Lol

JEEPDON 06-25-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedison (Post 3898860)
How generous and yet evil of you. Lol

Yep..... thats me..... time we are done, you should be about $15,000 dollars broker, and have one hell of a JEEP!!!! HA! If you can make it out; see my License plate.......INSTGTR. I an real good at spending other peoples money on their JEEP!!!!!

Abnormal-JK 06-25-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPDON (Post 3898839)

But damn... SO worth the trip!!!!!!!!!! Just above the Bad lands if SD!!! I assume that "offer" is open to everyone!?!

JEEPDON 06-26-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abnormal-JK (Post 3899273)
But damn... SO worth the trip!!!!!!!!!! Just above the Bad lands if SD!!! I assume that "offer" is open to everyone!?!

Yep!!!! To every one that knows how to behave, and not tear up the terrain!!!! We are VERY pro-active about treading lightly!

Jedison 06-26-2013 04:48 PM

That reminds me of a quote, "tread lightly but carry a big....."