Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Options for linin' the interior?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  FIREMEDIC82 
#1 ·
Ok, I know there are a million threads on this, but I havent found the answer I am asking you folks.

I am;
1) On a limited budget
2) Limited time for prep, paint, cure, etc
I am looking to bedline, rhino line, monstaline, whatever my interior.
I have read up on different products out there. Alot of them are somewhat cheap, yet have alot of prep time (4 hours for prep, then 24 hours for curing).
I do not have this kind of time, as my JK is a daily driver, and I have no back up vehicle.
I have a weekend coming up that I am planning on doing it with a friend (we are doing her jeep as well).

SO... what would you recommend that would do a good job, last a decent amount of time, yet does not take 24 hours to cure, then another couple hours to be able to put "heavy traffic" on it.

Thanks

#2 ·
How about alternate weekends? Do hers one weekend and you can be her driver while hers cures and the next weekend is your turn and she can be your driver. Due to the chemicals in the various products you're probably looking at a 24 hour cure time with whatever you go with.

Also, it sounds like this may be your first go 'round so it may be more than a little bit of a stretch to get both of them accomplished in one weekend anyway (allowing for unforseen problems and such).

#3 ·
I'm doing mine at some point in the future.

So that I don't bite off more than I can chew I plan to do the rear tub first as it seems that would be easier than the front.

#4 ·
I havent monstalined mine yet because i took the time to do it right. But i chose it because i found only two diy products that had a distinct lack of conplaints online. And neither of them use crumb rubber or have a sandpaper esque texture, like herculiner.

Those are monstaliner and als liner. And als liner's website is a joke and full of lies and useless filler words.

Monsta is the only one i would choose. I wasnt gonna pay the price for line x or rhino line. And even those have lots of complaints online.

#5 ·
I used Herculiner in my '77 CJ7, it looked really good for the first 6 months, then faded fast. After doing it I told myself it's wasn't worth the doing again, next time ill spend the money and do Linex. There is a shop in Atlanta that will do a 4 JK for $750. Not sure your budget. I spent around $150 and all day doing it, such a mess. If you remove seats and such yourself you may be able to get it done cheaper.

#6 ·
I appreciate you DIY'ers. I got a price from my Line-X dealer. $750 for the product and $650 for the labor. That includes removing the front seats and console. I don't use my rear seat and already have the carpet out. Evidently, they move all of the wiring to the rear, and then put it back afterwards. They said its a 2-day job.

#9 ·
No, but i think a pro can. Im sure they use power tools for that scuffing too. And i forgot about taping. So maybe another hour for that.

Takes ten minutes to remove the carpet.

I wonder what they do about the tooothpaste.

You really dont have to pull the console all the way out. Just have to free it up and prop it up

Im starting to think i should probably bedline the trim and console too. I mean, seperately, you know....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.