Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/)
-   -   Soft top header bow (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/soft-top-header-bow-251980.html)

goatman 06-26-2013 08:21 PM

Soft top header bow

Got my hard top off recently and am not able to out the soft top on as I am missing the header panel. Not sure what they call it on Jeeps, but the piece that the front part of the top tucks into. I see new ones available from quadratec, but they say they are all only for bikini tops. Are there any differences from the stock one or are they just described that way for bikini top conversions? My jeep has been getting really wet lately and needs the top up haha.

Thanks.

Oz82 06-26-2013 09:33 PM

Without seeing what you're looking at, I'd be careful to say that it's the same. However, my bikini and regular soft top both use the same channel over the windshield.

goatman 06-26-2013 10:54 PM

Bestop 51209-01 - Bestop® Windshield Retaining Channel for 76-95 Jeep® CJ-5, CJ-7, CJ-8 Scrambler & Wrangler YJ - Quadratec

Smittybilt 90104 - Smittybilt Windshield Channel for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

Those are a few of the options available.

goatman 06-27-2013 06:34 PM

Bump. Jeep keeps getting rained in haha.

Oz82 06-27-2013 08:46 PM

Sorry, I've been accessing the site mainly through the app, and where I've been cell service is spotty at best.

The second link looks like the best bet, but I'd rather have a single piece myself. This one looks good.

I had to silicone mine due to seepage at highway speeds. If you're counting on going back to a hardtop, though, that wouldn't be a good idea. Maybe a gasket of some sort if you run into the same issue?

goatman 07-01-2013 08:10 PM

Thank! Ordering it today so I can get that top up. My radio may already be toast...

goatman 07-24-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oz82 (Post 3906662)
Sorry, I've been accessing the site mainly through the app, and where I've been cell service is spotty at best.

The second link looks like the best bet, but I'd rather have a single piece myself. This one looks good.

I had to silicone mine due to seepage at highway speeds. If you're counting on going back to a hardtop, though, that wouldn't be a good idea. Maybe a gasket of some sort if you run into the same issue?

I ordered it a couple weeks ago and it came but I was out of town till now (luckily it didn't rain much during that time). This piece did the trick nicely and now I can put the top up! :dance:

Thanks for your help!

Meshugga 07-24-2013 11:00 AM

I believe they are all the same in the end. I have a bikini and soft top and they both fit into the single piece channel that was on my jeep when I bought it (used).

Oz82 07-24-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goatman (Post 3997804)

I ordered it a couple weeks ago and it came but I was out of town till now (luckily it didn't rain much during that time). This piece did the trick nicely and now I can put the top up! :dance:

Thanks for your help!

I'm glad to hear it! Have you had any seepage issues?