Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Bestop Trek NX soft top? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/bestop-trek-nx-soft-top-251992.html)

SammyJ 06-26-2013 09:26 PM

Bestop Trek NX soft top?

I really need a soft top. Tired of taking the hard top on and off. Any suggestions? Does anyone have the Bestop Trek NX soft top? Thoughts? Can you take it off or down easily so you can have that open air feeling? I love riding with the top off. What are your thoughts on thr Trek NX softtop?

SnowboarderOx 06-27-2013 09:44 AM

Let us know hot this works out. I'm torn between this and a the standard OEM top

real4x4 06-27-2013 09:52 AM

This is my second summer with the Trektop NX. I love it. The front folds back to give you a 'sunrider' feature and the rear and two side windows zip out. The actual top is mostly meant to stay put. You can take it off, but it's not really designed to be taken off and put on constantly. I ride with the windows removed and the top folded back in the sunrider position and I definitely feel the openness and the air.

Redduc99 06-27-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by real4x4 (Post 3904480)
This is my second summer with the Trektop NX. I love it. The front folds back to give you a 'sunrider' feature and the rear and two side windows zip out. The actual top is mostly meant to stay put. You can take it off, but it's not really designed to be taken off and put on constantly. I ride with the windows removed and the top folded back in the sunrider position and I definitely feel the openness and the air.

I like that answer. I just bought one today.

RaysFan 06-27-2013 02:38 PM

how is this top in the rain? sadly too many showers pop up in North Fla

NeitherFanboy 06-27-2013 02:43 PM

Rain

Would really like to know that myself, how it does in the rain. Bought the Rugged Ridge bowless soft top, it ponds water over the front seats like crazy, and leaks. Not pleased with it.

12mile 06-27-2013 02:47 PM

This is my 2nd summer running the trektop nx as well, and i have driven through plenty of rain/thunderstorms here in indiana and so far no leaks. I'm pretty happy with it

4X4Lady 06-27-2013 02:58 PM

I just installed my Trektop NX last week & so far, I'm lovin' it! It's been rained on HARD since I installed it & has held up really good. The water doesn't puddle on it too bad, but it does a little. Just don't do what I did & push up on the roof BEFORE you close the door! I got drenched :facepalm: I purchased mine from JeepTopDepot dot com....best price I could find ($557 & change for a 2 door plus free shipping) & excellent customer service! When I received my top, it had 2 small pinholes in it & they contacted Bestop directly for me & they are sending me a replacement top section. Install was a lot easier than I thought it would be, too....that part had me the most nervous.

dmako 06-27-2013 03:33 PM

subscribed

Also, with a Trek NX how easy is access to the back vs. say the factory style soft top?