Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   YJ Tech Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/)
-   -   Fuel Gauge Ground (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f218/fuel-gauge-ground-252084.html)

Mbclark 06-27-2013 10:52 AM

Fuel Gauge Ground
 
My fuel gauge isn't working and I've been told to check the ground. Does anyone know where it is?

cakes567 06-27-2013 11:24 AM

In the rear corner on the driver side up in inside the body. If you pull the plastic cover off you will see it. I think its a black wire.

Mbclark 06-27-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakes567 (Post 3904761)
In the rear corner on the driver side up in inside the body. If you pull the plastic cover off you will see it. I think its a black wire.

Thank you!

Ibuildembig 06-27-2013 11:27 AM

It's in the tank if there's a issue. Both the fuel pump and sender use the same ground so if its bad it wouldn't run either.

Mbclark 06-27-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibuildembig (Post 3904779)
It's in the tank if there's a issue. Both the fuel pump and sender use the same ground so if its bad it wouldn't run either.

Sorry should have specified.....it's a 4.2 so mechanical fuel pump.

cakes567 06-27-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibuildembig (Post 3904779)
It's in the tank if there's a issue. Both the fuel pump and sender use the same ground so if its bad it wouldn't run either.

. The wire I'm talking about I broke it by accident and my fuel gauge stopped working. I found that wire and had someone in the cab watch the gauge wile I touched it and grounded it to the frame and it worked.

Mbclark 06-27-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakes567 (Post 3906838)

. The wire I'm talking about I broke it by accident and my fuel gauge stopped working. I found that wire and had someone in the cab watch the gauge wile I touched it and grounded it to the frame and it worked.

Thanks! I'll have look for that one.

cakes567 06-27-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbclark (Post 3906931)

Thanks! I'll have look for that one.

Does yours not work at all or when u turn the key on does it move and get stuck full or something?

Mbclark 06-28-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakes567 (Post 3907119)

Does yours not work at all or when u turn the key on does it move and get stuck full or something?

Nothin at all. I haven't looked into it yet because I have some other things to do first. I just put a new motor in and the vacuum was a mess. Just spent two hours in the garage with a bunch of new vacuum hose and a diagram, took some pics of a 4.2 today and reviewed those also. Now my vacuum is correct, starts and drives fine, bout time for a smog and some new stickers!!! Maybe I'll tackle the gauge tomorrow.

Mbclark 06-28-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbclark (Post 3906931)

Thanks! I'll have look for that one.

Was it with the wires for the lights?

cakes567 06-28-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbclark (Post 3907350)

Was it with the wires for the lights?

I think its kinda in that area. I dont quite remember. I'd go out and look but its pouring rain outside!!

Mbclark 06-28-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakes567 (Post 3908118)

I think its kinda in that area. I dont quite remember. I'd go out and look but its pouring rain outside!!

I wish it was raining here!! 105 degrees in sunny California.....

cakes567 06-28-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbclark (Post 3908273)

I wish it was raining here!! 105 degrees in sunny California.....

Dang!! Its about 65-70 and its poured rain all day yesterday and today in wonderful NY


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.