Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   General Jeep Discussion (
-   -   Trasharoo! = Junk (but replaced by company) (

ThePhantomPatriot 06-28-2013 03:25 PM

Trasharoo! = Junk (but replaced by company)
update..vendor has replaced product.

My trasharoo dry rotted after 13 months and most of those months it had no weight in it at all. In the past 2 months I put a tire iron, tow strap, and a few bungee tie downs in there to get them out of my back floor area. Needless to say I came out of a restaurant today and my fiance noticed one of the straps had dry rotted and snapped right where it hits the top of the bag and the other one is not far behind.:nonono:

Big disappointment for $60 shipped, don't piss your money away, spend it on something else! For $60 I expected higher quality and at least a 5 year life.

I emailed their site and we'll see how well the customer service is.

ThePhantomPatriot 06-28-2013 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
See pic

ThePhantomPatriot 06-29-2013 06:29 PM

Apparently I got an old bag that was defective due to dying of the straps and have since fixed the problem. Trasharoo responded quickly and is sending me a new one for free. Great customer service! Thanks Dave. :thumb:

From Dave from Trasharoo:

We understand your frustration. Let me ask you a question, do your straps match the color of the bag. In other words, do you have green straps where the tire mounts?

We had a problem with some of the bags dry rotting due to the dye we were using. The problem has since been fixed and we warranty all bags at no charge to you.

Customers are valuable to us and we appreciate them, therefore we want to make it right and take care of you best we can.

I saw your post on the Wrangler Forum and you indeed have the old style bag. We'd like to send you out a new non-dyed strap bag to you at no charge.

whiteyjfm 06-29-2013 08:06 PM

Glad it worked out for you. I just hate it when people bad talk about a product before giving then a chance to fix it. We are all humans and we all make mistakes, even computers does.

jokerchief462 06-29-2013 09:22 PM

It's pretty much a club standard for use on camping trips. No problems so far and the heat and sun of the desert is not nice to your equipment. We will see how season two goes next year. Love it!!!