What changes do you hope to see in the 2016 redesign?
I've wanted a Wrangler for a few years now, but just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. I've had a few concerns, most notably, the problem with leaks, especially from the freedom tops. I'm sure many, if not all of my concerns will be taken care of with the 2016 model.
That said, what changes do you want to see with the 2016 redesign? Here are mine....
1. Redesigned roof that eliminates leaks
2. Diesel engine
3. More headroom
4. Doors that hold open in a set position
5. More durable hard top that isn't prone to scratching
6. No carpet option
I love the look of the current Wrangler so I hope they don't do anything to drastic with the look.
Independent suspension front and rear
No removeable doors or top
1.6L turbo option
Navi as standard
20" wheels as standard
Just kidding. :D
Optional d44 upfront on all models and a 35" tire group!
1. more tq in low rpm
2. reclining rear seats
3. scratch proof soft top windows
4. easier access to trunk for soft tops
5. improved gas mileage
6. stronger front windshield
7. NO 3.21 gears standard!
The diesel at the same cost as the gas motor.
Or less than the gas motor, like it is in Europe.
I'm also not sure I understand the "no carpet option" issue. It takes like 10 minutes the pull your carpets out...
A less fiddly soft top would be nice... Especially if they could somehow integrate the windows to fold with it.. I realize that is a tricky thing because they also still need to be able to be removed. A top that could be raised/lowered in 2 minutes windows and all would be a godsend.
I read in a magazine one of the goals is to decrease weight. I expect we'll see some composites, like the hood, which could make for some cooler designs.
A v8 with renegade trim.
Realistically: V8, more gear ratio options, better seats, maybe a lift option. Sort of like the ST packages Ford offers.
I love my Jeep and don't plan on getting rid of it for the 2016/17 replacement...but if they make the Hemi available as an option...Im gonna have to think really hard about it. All that money I will have tied up in mods for my current JKU by then...damn its going to be a tough one. I may just keep it, let the wife drive it and I will get the new one...problem solved.
I hope it is way worse than the current ones because i just picked up a 2012 and i don't want to get another one in 2016 :)
On the real....
1) Aluminum tub. Time to move with the times.
2) Factory linex underneath standard and inside as an option.
2a) If selected inside linex, this option deletes carpet.
3) D44 option on all models
4) All gear ratios as options on all models if custom ordering.
5) Get rid of the fold down windshield and rake it further. They made it such a chore than it's no longer something 99% of wrangler owners use, or even want. I know I dont, just more joints prone to damage.
Thats my realistic list.
Wishlist: (not too realistic)
V8 option, long travel suspension option (basically a factory 2.5" lift) and D60 option for the Rubi.
I don't think ANYTHING on that list is crazy and completely unrealistic.
1. Modern looks
2. sloped windshield
3. HID+Projector headlights
4. Longer 2 door model
5. Aluminum parts, including tub.
6. 4 cylinder supercharged option
7. Freedom panels over rear seat
8. Motorized convertible option... Even better if it works with a hard top.
9. Full strength bumpers with removable end caps
10. More lift/ground clearance
11. More refined manual transmission experience, most likely with the shifter not directly connected to transmission. Possible electronic shift control.
But id love it no matter what.
Better gas millage and smarter 4x4. Doors that I don't have to slam to close, bluetooth streaming should display songs names, lumbar support on seats, hid headlights, digital speedometer, ipad/iphone connector standard with ability to change songs on wheel. Otherwise I am fine with current :)
I don't think there is any chance of seeing a V8 Wrangler. Sergio Marchionne has already stressed that they are going to make a push on Diesels given Chryslers lack of hybrids and difficulty reaching CAFE regulations for 2016.
I guess if there is anything good to take from those comments, its that they are going to have to do better than making the Diesel a $5k option like it is in the Grand Cherokee to sell enough to matter.
He also mentioned compressed natural gas, which is interesting but would probably sell in miniscule numbers. I'm curious about it because a CNG fueling station just opened about 5 minutes from me... Its the only one I've ever seen!
Source: Chrysler Eyes Different Path to Meeting New CAFE Standards | Vehicles & Technology content from WardsAuto
No heated seats
No auto lamps
No electric windows
No auto connect
No air conditioning
No plastic fascia's nor valance's
No plastic fender flares
Of course this stuff could all be optional for the hummer drivers that now want a JEEP; But then the options below would be worth having!
Dana 44's standard; D 60's option
35" tires standard; 37's optional
A real roll cage
A real choice of gearing options from 3.73 all the way thru 5.38
Selectable lockers optional on all trim levels
4:1 Transfer case optional on all trim levels
Manual tranny with a true low gear.
Just a damn JEEP with out all the lace and frills!!
Back up camera ......standard.
I prefer my $30-40k expenditures have a few more amenities than a stripped down Yugo.
1) A better stereo system standard. My wife's old minivan had more thump than our JK! And I'm at the age where I don't crank it all the way up either but feeling something out of the speakers would be nice.
2) UConnect standard. We're talking 2016 here and bluetooth technology is already ancient tech-world-wise.
3) Full door/Half door Dual door option. door door door door :D
What I think will happen in the redesign:
-More sloped windshield
-No ability to fold down windshield
-Aluminum body panels
-Likely a diesel option
-An even more refined interior
-Perhaps an air ride suspension option
-Perhaps more sculpted body panels
Not that it matters. I have no intention of ever getting rid of my Jeep :thumb:
- D60 (required upgrade w/ Diesel?)
- Rubicons come stock with a slight lift (how retarded is it for a 'rubicon' to have less articulation room than a sport due to having bigger tires with no lift?)
- Revert the foldible windshield to TJ or before (no additional bracket to remove)
- No 'doors that hold open in a set position' (the ability to do so could be a non-required option)
- No 'slanted windshield' (Wranglers don't have slanted windshields, all other vehicles are available for that)
- Side mirrors attached to the body, not to the removable door, with view of the entire passenger mirror.
- I would say steel bumpers & flares, but I would probably just replace them with MetalCloak due to their intelligent design...
- Shore the middle rear seat.
- Upgrade the Touch/Nav screen to a tablet style interface (smooth touch/drag, multiple touch & pinch to zoom)
- A 'premium audio' package where the speakers don't blow in the first week.
- Stock stereo with pre-outs. (If you are going to put crap sound equipment in a vehicle, then at LEAST make it easier for them to run their own REAL amp to power REAL premium speakers and a REAL sub.)
- At least an optional steel grill.
- If the 'Premium Soft Top' continues, then match Half Metal doors to come with the upper soft windows in the 'Premium Soft Top' fabric.
- Either Dual Doors or Mix-n-Match Doors (Half Metal Front Doors & Full Metal Rear Doors OR Full Metal Front Doors & Half Metal Rear Doors).
Hood lock standard
Upgraded poly hood latches like daystar
Sentry system not deleted w/ half doors
Seat reinforcement in rear jku seat
Carpet replaced with bed linner option
Canvas seats that don't grab dog hair
Grill mesh inserts to protect radiator
Scratch resistant hard top
Dark underside for hard top
Better skid plating for Rubicon
Vacuum pump relocated under the hood
Grade 8 suspension bolts
Grounded swing gate
Removable rear seat head rest
Improved front seat head rest that replace the new annoying head rest
Locking fuel cap
Internal fm antenna
Hood engine lamp light
No interior Chrome
Improved lumbar support
Proximity sensor with alarm
Gimme the Stitch...
Diesel and USABLE HEADLIGHTS!
I don't care , I'll never buy another one . I already have a 2008 JKUR with about 10 grand in it . They will probably be made in China . When the rubi. takes a dump I'll get rid of it and keep my 1961 Willys wagon . It is alot more fun , more capable , and alot more heavy duty , not to mention over twice the H/P ! I can walk over the fender , over the hood and down the other fender without a scratch or dent , don't try that in your JK !
I think that Jeep should focus on what makes the Wrangler unique, not try to blend it in with all the other vehicles out there.
4. General wishlist items
My wish list
Aluminum block Hemi 6.4 or Turbo 3.6.
7 or 8 spd auto.
3.73 standard rear end ratio.
Reasonable price on nav unit.
Stronger glass in windshield.
Standard locking hood like Europe has now.
A better arm rest on the drivers side
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.|