Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Michigan Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/)
-   -   Issues Doorless in Saginaw Co? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/issues-doorless-in-saginaw-co-252480.html)

twinge 06-29-2013 08:38 AM

Issues Doorless in Saginaw Co?
 
anyone been given any flak in MBS for doors off? i want to take em off but dont want to get crap for no mirrors (since they are on the doors)....:doh: new to this sorry :)

jquinn83 06-29-2013 09:18 AM

You may want to post this in the Michigan forum, someone from Michigan should know if the state requires side mirrors or not. If they are required there are several options for installing temp mirrors for when the doors are off.

twinge 06-29-2013 04:45 PM

According To TheTop Of The Page It IS InThe Mi Forum...

J33P4X4 06-29-2013 09:42 PM

I always rock mirrors and have t had any issues. I have a set of defiant systems mirrors. They scratch my hinges a bit but ill live with it :)

idiot magnet 07-08-2013 11:45 AM

Get some simple mirror relocators and move your existing mirrors to them. Problem solved and you can see behind you when you need to. I never drive it without side mirrors.

Abnormal-JK 07-08-2013 01:43 PM

I only use 2" convex mirrors stuck on the vents, both sides, never had an issue (knock on wood).

The State of Missuagain, requires 2 mirrors, one rear view interior and one exterior drivers side.

One could argue, that once the top and doors are removed the vents are on the exterior... but I wouldn't try that in court. I have been in my Jeep with the doors off in Tawas and talked to State Police, they never mentioned anything.

twinge 07-08-2013 10:17 PM

solved my issue and ordered some mirrors tonight

CIPA 44800/01 - Dual Mirror Set in Black for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited with Soft Doors - Quadratec

J33P4X4 07-09-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinge (Post 3940679)

Do you plan to keep them mounted all of the time or just when you're riding doorless?

twinge 07-09-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J33P4X4 (Post 3941508)
Do you plan to keep them mounted all of the time or just when you're riding doorless?

all the time, my drivers miirror was glued like it was broken off once

J33P4X4 07-09-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinge (Post 3941736)

all the time, my drivers miirror was glued like it was broken off once

Good deal. I hope they are vibration free. They look like they are pretty nice

TJMARKS 07-10-2013 02:49 PM

I drive my jeep everyday that its nice out with no doors and no mirrors never had any problems. i live in sanford so i go into midland quite frequently. you def are suposed to have at least two tho.

Abnormal-JK 07-10-2013 03:27 PM

TJ... what colors your Jeep?

LuckyLepecan 07-17-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJMARKS (Post 3947050)
I drive my jeep everyday that its nice out with no doors and no mirrors never had any problems. i live in sanford so i go into midland quite frequently. you def are suposed to have at least two tho.

Drivers side and Rear or Drivers and passenger. Quick trips to town without em ive never had a problem. Anything longer than a hour or two I put mine on.

Go to a Harley Dealership. Theyll look at you like youre an idiot when you tell them its for a Jeep. Ask for the long stem ones. Bout $30. You dont even need a 1/2" wrench to put them on/off if you do it right ;)

ETA: First Post!!!! :dance:

twinge 07-17-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLepecan (Post 3974500)
Drivers side and Rear or Drivers and passenger. Quick trips to town without em ive never had a problem. Anything longer than a hour or two I put mine on.

Go to a Harley Dealership. Theyll look at you like youre an idiot when you tell them its for a Jeep. Ask for the long stem ones. Bout $30. You dont even need a 1/2" wrench to put them on/off if you do it right ;)

ETA: First Post!!!! :dance:

i ended up buying some mirrors off quadratec, for $26. perfect so far

also if you havent seen...

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/cas...ne-242459.html

jeep night tomorrow at castaways in bay city!

twinge 07-17-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J33P4X4 (Post 3942130)
Good deal. I hope they are vibration free. They look like they are pretty nice

they arent... but for $26 and an hour of tweakin them, they work great for me.

Abnormal-JK 07-18-2013 06:15 AM

Last weekend, I went topless and doorless from Midland, over to Shields... then down M46 all the way through Sagnasty... saw about 5-6 local cops, and one state boy... a couple we next to me at lights... never even raised an eyebrow... and I was only running my 2" mirrors on my vents that day...

J33P4X4 07-18-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abnormal-JK (Post 3975255)
Last weekend, I went topless and doorless from Midland, over to Shields... then down M46 all the way through Sagnasty... saw about 5-6 local cops, and one state boy... a couple we next to me at lights... never even raised an eyebrow... and I was only running my 2" mirrors on my vents that day...

Good to know!

LuckyLepecan 07-19-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinge (Post 3974530)
i ended up buying some mirrors off quadratec, for $26. perfect so far

also if you havent seen...

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f86/cas...ne-242459.html

jeep night tomorrow at castaways in bay city!

I did see... Wantes to come check it out but unfortunately I was still working on building a trailer to haul kayaks behind my jeep. (needs to be done by next weekend because its going to the UP)

It's in my phone for next week though ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.