Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   Has anyone run this trail? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/has-anyone-run-this-trail-252539.html)

kboucher 06-29-2013 02:47 PM

Has anyone run this trail?

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried this trail and what they think? I would like to try it but with other who are experienced.

Freeway Ridge - Lake Isabella

INFECTIOUS OFFROAD FREEWAY RIDGE 5-17-09 PART II - YouTube

mountainneer 06-29-2013 05:13 PM

Never heard of the trail, but look like its worth checking out....

H8-roads 06-29-2013 06:37 PM

Never heard of it but I'd be down to check it out. I love that area

DaK 06-30-2013 07:54 AM

Boys from Bakersfield run this trail often as it is their backyard.

Checkout their pages: Infectious Off-Road.com • Index page

More than sure if you ping someone over there or set up the run here, they will cowboy/girl up and lead a run for us. Good peeps.

jeff_in_rc 07-01-2013 10:39 AM

I did this trail in my stock YJ last year and had a blast as it was my first real off-road run with my club, the Gear Grinders in Ridgecrest. Made all the rocks and hills with little trouble but when we got close to Sawmill Road I was not paying attention and got high-centered in the middle of the road! LOL

All I could do was laugh, I was busy talking to my daughter about the run!

DaK 07-01-2013 06:16 PM

Cool ya been there, that means you can lead a run as you are the trail "expert".

LoL...

Cons_Table 07-01-2013 06:18 PM

Pretty easy trail overall :thumb: The worst part is the "can opener" at the top of the trail.

jeff_in_rc 07-02-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaK (Post 3917803)
Cool ya been there, that means you can lead a run as you are the trail "expert".
LoL...

I would considure it once my back gets back to normal, threw it out again. :banghead:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 3917817)
Pretty easy trail overall :thumb: The worst part is the "can opener" at the top of the trail.

I would tend to agree now that I have more wheeling under my belt but that day, I was thinking a whole different way! :eek:

I love looking at that rock and seeing all the paint and metal on it, gives a whole new meaning to the term "can opener" don't it! :whistling:

Cons_Table 07-02-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff_in_rc (Post 3919968)
I would tend to agree now that I have more wheeling under my belt but that day, I was thinking a whole different way! :eek:

I love looking at that rock and seeing all the paint and metal on it, gives a whole new meaning to the term "can opener" don't it! :whistling:

The can opener is nothing...its those roads that will getcha ;) I bet you cringe every time you drive on a dirt road :rofl:

jeff_in_rc 07-02-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cons_Table (Post 3920229)
The can opener is nothing...its those roads that will getcha ;) I bet you cringe every time you drive on a dirt road :rofl:

You a funny guy there Geoff, but looks aren't everything! :hide: