Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   Oil Changes and other Maintaince (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/oil-changes-and-other-maintaince-252543.html)

JeepandMud 06-29-2013 04:25 PM

Oil Changes and other Maintaince

For those that don't do your own preventive maintenance, which I'm sure are only 2%), where do you go? Anyone in the Denver area or fairly close that won't charge an arm and a leg? I was looking into Edgewater Jeep as I heard good things but haven't heard back from them and no one answers the phone.

Thanx everyone

CoreyZ 06-29-2013 05:17 PM

What kind of work?

03 sahara jeeper 06-29-2013 06:53 PM

DIY Auto at 74th and federal. They rent bays with lifts and tools. You can do it yourself or if you need help they have ASE mechanics. I live in an apartment so no working on the jeep.

JeepandMud 06-30-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoreyZ (Post 3911877)
What kind of work?

Looking at doing the oil change as I don't have a garage to work it on and changing the differential fluids which need it badly. Until I get a garage, I'm going to have to do it this way.

coelement777 06-30-2013 04:31 AM

If you feel like coming to boulder there is a great 4x4 shop that i have been getting my cars maintained at for the past couple years. spruce st auto and 4x4 center.

CoreyZ 06-30-2013 08:58 AM

I might be able to also lend my garage out for a day on the weekends if you bring your own stuff. I've got mostly everything but a rubber mallet for the diff cover as far as tools go.

JeepandMud 06-30-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoreyZ (Post 3913222)
I might be able to also lend my garage out for a day on the weekends if you bring your own stuff. I've got mostly everything but a rubber mallet for the diff cover as far as tools go.

I can easily change my own oil. But never done a dIff :(

CoreyZ 07-01-2013 09:14 AM

Its easy... unbolt the diff, put the pan underneath to catch the oil, put one bolt back in just slightly (to keep the cover from flying off)... knock the cover with a rubber mallet to break the seal loose and drain the fluid out. Then you just pull the cover off, clean off the gasket from both sides, check the gears, put new gasket sealer on, bolt it up, fill it up... good to go.
THere's some curing time for the gasket though so generally do it first thing in the morning before the other maintenance.

JeepandMud 07-01-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoreyZ (Post 3915915)
Its easy... unbolt the diff, put the pan underneath to catch the oil, put one bolt back in just slightly (to keep the cover from flying off)... knock the cover with a rubber mallet to break the seal loose and drain the fluid out. Then you just pull the cover off, clean off the gasket from both sides, check the gears, put new gasket sealer on, bolt it up, fill it up... good to go.
THere's some curing time for the gasket though so generally do it first thing in the morning before the other maintenance.

I'd have to go buy a gasket sealer, which I'm sure isn't that much? And I need it done soon. So scrambling to get it done lol. But thank you.

HRgeep 07-01-2013 12:53 PM

I used Neal at TimBukThree a few months back to do my Rear Main Seal - he undercut the 2 other bids I had by $125 - $150. I was so happy I'm bringing him my other cars too - He is off of Santa Fe and Union - 1825 W Union Ave Unit 10 Sheridan, CO 80110 (303) 847-9935 Timbukthree 4wd and Automotive Denver

JeepandMud 07-01-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRgeep (Post 3916549)
I used Neal at TimBukThree a few months back to do my Rear Main Seal - he undercut the 2 other bids I had by $125 - $150. I was so happy I'm bringing him my other cars too - He is off of Santa Fe and Union - 1825 W Union Ave Unit 10 Sheridan, CO 80110 (303) 847-9935 Timbukthree 4wd and Automotive Denver

I will have to call him and see what some prices would be. Right now I have one also off Santa Fe that got great remarks on Yelp that I'm going to on Friday.