Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Lift Labor?? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/lift-labor-252635.html)

thgr8alex 06-30-2013 01:12 AM

Lift Labor??

My neighbors got a 03 or 05?? Rubicon and its bone stock. He sees my jeep which im always working on and loves it and asked me how much it would be for me to lift it for him. We talked and i think are decided on a 2" BB and Jks 1.25 BL. Simple, and not expensive. Ive installed BB before but not a BL. I lifted body off frame while installing sliders though and read instructions and seems easy enough. Any tips or tricks? And i cant decide on how much i should charge for the labor of this job? Any ballpark ideas?

CaptainMorgann 06-30-2013 01:17 AM

I wouldn't charge too much body lifts are cake to put on!

KBR97 06-30-2013 01:17 AM

Tell him to buy you a case of beer and some lunch and also help you out cause you can use the extra hands.

PStov98TJ 06-30-2013 01:18 AM

Not sure on the labor needed for a bl. But I'd tell him a case or two of beer for the job :D but if he insists on paying you, I'd say $100 or a trip to a near by offroad park on him or something.

Big Cole 06-30-2013 07:15 AM

[QUOTE="thgr8alex;3912883"]My neighbors got a 03 or 05?? Rubicon and its bone stock. He sees my jeep which im always working on and loves it and asked me how much it would be for me to lift it for him. We talked and i think are decided on a 2" BB and Jks 1.25 BL. Simple, and not expensive. Ive installed BB before but not a BL. I lifted body off frame while installing sliders though and read instructions and seems easy enough. Any tips or tricks? And i cant decide on how much i should charge for the labor of this job? Any ballpark ideas?[/QUOTE

Are you prepared to deal with rusted body Mount bolts that can't be extracted with cutting a hole in the body? I would definitely help with the BB but stay away from the BL.

1997 06-30-2013 07:54 AM

I wouldn't charge a fellow Jeeper.......seems like a violation of Jeep Code

UnlimitedLJ04 06-30-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBR97 (Post 3912890)
Tell him to buy you a case of beer and some lunch and also help you out cause you can use the extra hands.

bingo.

I help friends with working on their jeeps. they provide lunch, I usually provide the knowledge and tools. if they break a tool, they replace it. then when I need help, they come help me work on my Jeep.

flflash 06-30-2013 09:04 AM

BL Tip:
Carry a can of PB Blaster over to his driveway a couple days in advance and hose down every body mount bolt you can get to, don't forget the one in front of the radiator.

flflash 06-30-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBR97 (Post 3912890)

Just make sure your friends don't eat all the food and drink all the beer while your working away.....it's happened to me

thgr8alex 06-30-2013 10:24 AM

Hahah good advice!! I didnt wanna charge too much but he was pretty persistent on asking how much to pay me. He never has time to work on it which is why he wanted me to do it. If he finds time to help then itll be little to nothing but if its just me and whoever i bring then i may just say i dont care whatever you think its worth since i love doing this stuff anyway haha