Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Arizona Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f45/)
-   -   Do PHX Jeepers wave? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f45/do-phx-jeepers-wave-252956.html)

redskinswin 07-01-2013 03:18 PM

Do PHX Jeepers wave?

I was quite dissapointed over the weekend while running around PHX. Out of a total 22 (My wife and I counted) Jeeps that I drove by not one of them waved back at me. I wonder if the heat was boiling people's brains. Come on PHX....your better than that. :)

clull05rubi 07-01-2013 06:02 PM

Its hard to get a wave outta the stockers the moded jeeps wave abt half the time

2five22 07-01-2013 07:07 PM

I wave. Most stockers don't. Many 4 door models don't. Modified Jeeps tend to wave. Young drivers [<25 or so] generally don't.

Phoenix has a large populace and there are a lot of Jeeps. In some places, you can be waving repeatedly within a one block interval and some Jeepers just get tired.

Go to Sedona and you'd be lucky to have one wave returned. The Pink Jeep tour people ignore you.

nwapache 07-02-2013 09:41 AM

Way too many stocker crapper jeeps here. I wave at modded jeeps, or wave back at folks. If they have chrome, or low profile tires, I ignore them completely :)
When I was in Sedona, the pink jeep people all actually stopped and chatted while on the trail.

ilikemyjeepdirty 07-05-2013 03:18 PM

Ya I have noticed that too that alot of stock jeepers just ignore you completely so I don't waste my time with them. The jeeps with mods usually wave

justinvh 07-05-2013 06:26 PM

Chances are if you can't have a borderline intimate mechanic-like relationship with your Jeep, then you probably wouldn't respect the wave. That's not to say stockers don't wave though :) Outside of brown dog motor mounts (and a 2006 i6 in my YJ) and a few other small changes I am not too far away from the stock build myself.

TJZ 07-06-2013 11:49 AM

I find that most people in four doors don't wave because the probably don't know why you are waving at them. They probably bought it for the mall runs and the kids. I always give a Wave to all Wranglers. Just keep this in mind, Some people are NOT friendly. I have lived in my house for 8 years and the guy next door to me has never said a word to me or waved when he rolls in. Every other person on the block waves and talks to each other. There are also two other Wrangler people on the block, both stock and they wave. Some people are just CRABBY ! Lol

kiddodude 07-07-2013 01:59 AM

My friend told me that you only wave to tj and older jeeps...

JedFromAZ 07-17-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJZ (Post 3932689)
I find that most people in four doors don't wave because the probably don't know why you are waving at them. They probably bought it for the mall runs and the kids. I always give a Wave to all Wranglers. Just keep this in mind, Some people are NOT friendly. I have lived in my house for 8 years and the guy next door to me has never said a word to me or waved when he rolls in. Every other person on the block waves and talks to each other. There are also two other Wrangler people on the block, both stock and they wave. Some people are just CRABBY ! Lol

I waive at every Wrangler like I'm running for office. Most of the time they look at me weird but it's all good. I'd rather be, "that guy" then the jerk who didn't waive back. If I missed your wave, sorry because my kids are in the back and they continously drive me nuts.

-A four door Jeeper that :wavey:s

BacaraJKU 07-19-2013 10:49 AM

I wave and never get a wave back. Don't feel bad.

I've been caught off guard thinking about something and forget to wave, but I always wave back the few times people waved at me first.

Mr Breeze 07-19-2013 01:15 PM

This 4-door will wave when ever it's safe to do so (when I'm not pre-occupied by the task of safely driving). I too find that modified Jeepers (both 2 & 4 door) wave back, whereas most stockers don't (and no doubt wonder why I'm waving)

I'm also a 30+ year motorcycle rider, I will aways wave when out on the road, but there are some days when riding in the valley that I don't since I'd be constantly waiving, and a guy needs to use the clutch...

Noir4X4 07-24-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2five22 (Post 3917997)
I wave. Most stockers don't. Many 4 door models don't. Modified Jeeps tend to wave. Young drivers [<25 or so] generally don't.

Phoenix has a large populace and there are a lot of Jeeps. In some places, you can be waving repeatedly within a one block interval and some Jeepers just get tired.

Go to Sedona and you'd be lucky to have one wave returned. The Pink Jeep tour people ignore you.

I was up in Sedona last weekend running on Schnebly Hill Road&hellip;must have been a dozen jeep tours & another individual Jeepers&hellip;99% waved first or returned waves.

OmniscientHiers 07-24-2013 08:51 PM

I'm quite the shiny stocker, 17, and I wave as much as I can, unless I'm busy, or paying too much attention looking at the Jeep and forget to wave. Yesterday, I waved at a nice yellow TJ right outside my neighborhood, but he looked at me like I was crazy. I need a flashing sign for those that don't wave...

Mr Breeze 07-24-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir4X4 (Post 3996833)
I was up in Sedona last weekend running on Schnebly Hill Road&hellip;must have been a dozen jeep tours & another individual Jeepers&hellip;99% waved first or returned waves.

Similar experience. I was just in Sedona yesterday - Broken Arrow and Soldiers Pass. When on the Broken Arrow tail, all of the Pink Jeep drivers waived. Perhaps they got some feedback and have been instructed to be more friendly.

Now there are also a lot of jeeps for rent up there, so I think many who you might see just don't know the protocol.

paulpaul 07-26-2013 03:01 AM

I'm in a stock tj and I wave but seldom get a wave back.
I guess I need an upgrade.....

Los57 07-27-2013 01:50 AM

Chances are if your arm isn't hanging out the window while you're waving I won't see you. And in the Phoenix summers most people don't have their tops or windows down. Otherwise, I always wave back. :)

Robert C. 07-27-2013 03:33 PM

I wave to all of the other jeepers here but i have noticed the soccer moms, the prep boys( the ones that had there mom and dad buy and upgrade for them) are the ones who dont wave. Idk maybe its just me

Ajax333333 07-28-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JedFromAZ (Post 3973169)

I waive at every Wrangler like I'm running for office. Most of the time they look at me weird but it's all good. I'd rather be, "that guy" then the jerk who didn't waive back. If I missed your wave, sorry because my kids are in the back and they continously drive me nuts.

-A four door Jeeper that :wavey:s

I'm that guy too. I wave at every one I catch. Sometimes my son and I keep track of the wave back like a game. 1 for 5 Friday. I don't care you're getting a wave from me anyway.

SandDevil93 07-31-2013 01:03 AM

Every TJ that I have waved to in Tempe area has waved back. I do not wave to JK's since I figure they will not wave back.

OmniscientHiers 08-01-2013 12:49 AM

I received 3 waves from JKUs, a crush and two silver, yesterday. Granted I did a lot of driving. I think that's the most waves I've got this month, and ever from the JKs lol..

nwapache 08-01-2013 10:00 AM

Most of the stock JK's running around have no clue

Tom-JK6spds 08-01-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandDevil93 (Post 4022670)
Every TJ that I have waved to in Tempe area has waved back. I do not wave to JK's since I figure they will not wave back.

If you see me running around Tempe, ya better wave. My yellow JKU is pretty recognizable now that I put a blue powdercoated PS louver on the hood. It matches the blue logo on my doors.

And yeah I don't usually wave to the ladies or youngsters either, I just think they don't get it.

daddys jeep 08-04-2013 04:12 AM

It is sad out of all the jeeps I passed today only one waved back:(

funny though some cop waved to me.. must have thought he was in his jeep haha

paulpaul 08-05-2013 02:01 AM

Not to make up excuses, but we all sometimes don't pay attention to other vehicles passing us because of one reason or another.
But I can tell you one thing, this thread makes me more aware of fellow jeeps.....

ferninAZ 08-05-2013 11:18 AM

Get over it.

Beastmaster 08-05-2013 12:17 PM

Down here in Tucson, I was driving down the road yesterday when I pass a U-haul truck pulling a trailer with a black JKU on it. :thumb:

I look in the cab of the U-haul and he's waving at me so of course I waved back. :wavey:

Jedmonds 08-09-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beastmaster (Post 4041836)
Down here in Tucson, I was driving down the road yesterday when I pass a U-haul truck pulling a trailer with a black JKU on it. :thumb:

I look in the cab of the U-haul and he's waving at me so of course I waved back. :wavey:

I bought my very first Jeep exactly 6 days ago. Two days after I bought it, someone in an oncoming Jeep waved at me and I waved back. I thought maybe I knew them... Then it sort of dawned on me that I got a wave because I was driving a Jeep HELLO! I texted my husband at the next stop light (of course I wasn't driving) and told him my little story. He called me a dork, and I knew that my car made me just that much cooler. Hehe. I'll wave to you my Jeep friends!!!

OmniscientHiers 08-10-2013 01:58 AM

Welcome to the club!

Noir4X4 08-11-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedmonds (Post 4060190)

I bought my very first Jeep exactly 6 days ago. Two days after I bought it, someone in an oncoming Jeep waved at me and I waved back. I thought maybe I knew them... Then it sort of dawned on me that I got a wave because I was driving a Jeep HELLO! I texted my husband at the next stop light (of course I wasn't driving) and told him my little story. He called me a dork, and I knew that my car made me just that much cooler. Hehe. I'll wave to you my Jeep friends!!!

I must be a dork too&hellip;I wave or give a thumbs-up at Jeeps. Now that I have a Jeep, it's amazing how many Jeeps I notice!

SJS 08-17-2013 09:08 PM

Just moved from NYC and I do