Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Dealer won't discount my 10A (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/dealer-wont-discount-my-10a-253000.html)

getahemi 07-01-2013 06:12 PM

Dealer won't discount my 10A

I'm currently working a deal on 10A Rubicon. The dealer has an Anvil one in stock at 50k. I can get the nationally advertised 3250 off but that's it. I can get 6500 of a standard Rubicon because I'm a Coca Cola employee. Is this typical? Has anyone got a bigger discount on a 10A? The sales guy said he was told no additional discounts and no test drives. They're only getting one and I guess they want to make some money. Any thoughts?

terrabit 07-01-2013 06:18 PM

Yeah, go somewhere else. Shop the dealers online. Meaning, send some emails to different dealers asking what they're willing to do for your business. Don't set foot on the lot until you got a done deal. Better yet, screw the 10A. Get a sport and spend the extra dough making it your Jeep: tires, wheels, lift, bumpers, lockers, etcetera, and roll it into your loan.

jmb6420 07-01-2013 06:20 PM

If you don't like the deal they are offering.... go elsewhere.

donmeca2020 07-01-2013 06:22 PM

Join the club..... i tried getting one at a "deal" price 2 months ago. EVERY dealer here in SOFLA would not drop at all in price. they are firm with that $45k and up price tag and WILL NOT drop. quite a few around here still have them sitting in their lots collecting dust. they prefer that then try and make a deal. $50k for a jeep imo is WAYYY too much. Order a 2014 model and get the options you want.

THW 07-01-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrabit (Post 3917821)
Better yet, screw the 10A. Get a sport and spend the extra dough making it your Jeep: tires, wheels, lift, bumpers, lockers, etcetera, and roll it into your loan.

I support this idea. OP, think about this: For the amount of money you're talking about, I could almost have bought my JKU Sport S TWICE. 10A Rubicons are really awesome, but are they $50k awesome? Nope.

2five22 07-01-2013 06:44 PM

Let them run their 'museum'.
Buy from a dealer who believes in cash flow.

Up Hill Bill 07-01-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getahemi (Post 3917783)
I'm currently working a deal on 10A Rubicon. The dealer has an Anvil one in stock at 50k. I can get the nationally advertised 3250 off but that's it. I can get 6500 of a standard Rubicon because I'm a Coca Cola employee. Is this typical? Has anyone got a bigger discount on a 10A? The sales guy said he was told no additional discounts and no test drives. They're only getting one and I guess they want to make some money. Any thoughts?

If the dealer normally accepts the Chrysler Affiliate Rewards program (I would think that is what working for Coke makes you eligible for and why you can get 6,500 off MSRP on a regular Rubi) and you have a control number (available here with Coke's "code" number: https://www.chrysleraffiliates.com/l...tPricingLayout ) and proof of employment, the dealer has no choice but to give you the Affiliates discount plus any other discounts you are eligible for. They can't pick and choose, is my understanding. Chrysler can require the dealer to honor the program for you. Call the Affiliate Rewards customer service line (888 444-4321) and discuss it with them (get Coke's Affiliate code number first.)

Blastek 07-01-2013 06:49 PM

Isn't a 2014 Rubicon X pretty much the same as the 10A?

it_felt_so_good 07-01-2013 06:56 PM

I was in this same exact predicament... Are you going to do any mods? Because I ended up getting a base sport. Because within a month I replaced the bumpers, rims, tint, seats (Trek Armor covers), tires, etc. Added a lift, etc. It's a good thing I spent that $15,000 - $20,000 extra on mods instead of spending it to get decals on the hood.

getahemi 07-01-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrabit (Post 3917821)
Yeah, go somewhere else. Shop the dealers online. Meaning, send some emails to different dealers asking what they're willing to do for your business. Don't set foot on the lot until you got a done deal. Better yet, screw the 10A. Get a sport and spend the extra dough making it your Jeep: tires, wheels, lift, bumpers, lockers, etcetera, and roll it into your loan.

Wow some really good points there. I'm going to email another dealer who also has one in stock. I have a Sport now but I want some luxury and toys. Specifically, I want the hood, bumpers, and rock rails as well as the red leather. Those hard parts are very expensive here and forget about shipping from stateside. Just not feasible.

getahemi 07-01-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmb6420 (Post 3917831)
If you don't like the deal they are offering.... go elsewhere.

Can't argue with that.

getahemi 07-01-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donmeca2020 (Post 3917838)
Join the club..... i tried getting one at a "deal" price 2 months ago. EVERY dealer here in SOFLA would not drop at all in price. they are firm with that $45k and up price tag and WILL NOT drop. quite a few around here still have them sitting in their lots collecting dust. they prefer that then try and make a deal. $50k for a jeep imo is WAYYY too much. Order a 2014 model and get the options you want.

The 10A is exactly what I want. Well actually a turn key AEV is exactly what I want but you can't get those here.

getahemi 07-01-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THW (Post 3917859)
I support this idea. OP, think about this: For the amount of money you're talking about, I could almost have bought my JKU Sport S TWICE. 10A Rubicons are really awesome, but are they $50k awesome? Nope.

I could keep my 2 door sport and buy a JKU sport for the price of a 10A.

getahemi 07-01-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2five22 (Post 3917913)
Let them run their 'museum'.
Buy from a dealer who believes in cash flow.

Ahhhh Wisdom!

getahemi 07-01-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill (Post 3917926)
If the dealer normally accepts the Chrysler Affiliate Rewards program (I would think that is what working for Coke makes you eligible for and why you can get 6,500 off MSRP on a regular Rubi) and you have a control number (available here with Coke's "code" number: https://www.chrysleraffiliates.com/l...tPricingLayout ) and proof of employment, the dealer has no choice but to give you the Affiliates discount plus any other discounts you are eligible for. They can't pick and choose, is my understanding. Chrysler can require the dealer to honor the program for you. Call the Affiliate Rewards customer service line (888 444-4321) and discuss it with them (get Coke's Affiliate code number first.)

Correct. I qualify for the affiliate rewards program. If I force the issue I suspect they won't offer me a fair trade value. I really think they would let me walk before they discount this thing. BTW I will.

getahemi 07-01-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blastek (Post 3917930)
Isn't a 2014 Rubicon X pretty much the same as the 10A?

I believe so but I won't even get 3250 off a 14 until probably January.

photostu 07-01-2013 07:29 PM

Got my 10A with affiliate code discount. It can be done.

getahemi 07-01-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by it_felt_so_good (Post 3917952)
I was in this same exact predicament... Are you going to do any mods? Because I ended up getting a base sport. Because within a month I replaced the bumpers, rims, tint, seats (Trek Armor covers), tires, etc. Added a lift, etc. It's a good thing I spent that $15,000 - $20,000 extra on mods instead of spending it to get decals on the hood.

I have new wheels and tires from my sport. That'll be all for a while. I do think the $6000 upcharge for the 10A is worth it. It's a bit more than a hood decal but I get your point.

Up Hill Bill 07-01-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getahemi (Post 3918065)
Correct. I qualify for the affiliate rewards program. If I force the issue I suspect they won't offer me a fair trade value. I really think they would let me walk before they discount this thing. BTW I will.

I still suggest you talk to the Chrysler Affiliates "Hot Line." I found them extremely helpful, and they say they WILL enforce the program rules. I'll bet the dealer would rather give you the discount he is required to, than loose his dealership over it! :D

getahemi 07-01-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photostu (Post 3918073)
Got my 10A with affiliate code discount. It can be done.

Nice. Problem is it's totally up to the dealer how much they are willing to give me for my trade. I'm guessing if I get another 3k or so off then my sport will mysteriously depreciate by another 3k. However the salesman did say he would try to stretch my trade value up a bit.

getahemi 07-01-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill (Post 3918078)
I still suggest you talk to the Chrysler Affiliates "Hot Line." I found them extremely helpful, and they say they WILL enforce the program rules. I'll bet the dealer would rather give you the discount he is required to, than loose his dealership over it! :D

Absolutely. I will be making that call.

Up Hill Bill 07-01-2013 07:51 PM

Getting ripped on the trade in is always a concern. You just have to research the true trade in and private sale values in your area (KBB, etc.) and know what it is worth and what you will take and don't give an inch.

I paid for my new Jeep up front and then began talking about selling the dealer my old Jeep. I had to call my wife and son to come to the dealership (1/2 hr. drive away) to drive my old Jeep home, because the dealer was $1,000 under what I said I'd take for it. When they saw I was actually going to walk, (actually I was walking) they met my price!

getahemi 07-01-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill (Post 3918143)
Getting ripped on the trade in is always a concern. You just have to research the true trade in and private sale values in your area (KBB, etc.) and know what it is worth and what you will take and don't give an inch.

I paid for my new Jeep up front and then began talking about selling the dealer my old Jeep. I had to call my wife and son to come to the dealership (1/2 hr. drive away) to drive my old Jeep home, because the dealer was $1,000 under what I said I'd take for it. When they saw I was actually going to walk, (actually I was walking) they met my price!

Nice. I have a control number and I know what another dealer will give me for my trade. I think I will get this to go my way.:thumb:

Up Hill Bill 07-01-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getahemi (Post 3918326)
Nice. I have a control number and I know what another dealer will give me for my trade. I think I will get this to go my way.:thumb:

Good..... unless there is some exception for special editions that I've never heard of (and there very well could be) - but the Affiliate Rewards people will tell you if that is the case. Fill us in if you find out, please! :thumb:

legitposter 07-01-2013 09:28 PM

Just think... You could be driving it right now instead of stressing out and possibly having someone else go in and buy it. You realize you can't take money with you when you die, right?

Lokedjk 07-01-2013 09:37 PM

I was in the same boat, two dealers would not take the discount but finally found the third dealer would. Third time is the charm, now waiting on it to arrive. I unlike you did not have a trade- in. I sold out right the same day. I was told that ALL wranglers apply for Affiliate Rewards. This is coming from a highly trusted source here on WF, good luck.

TOK 07-01-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legitposter (Post 3918577)
Just think... You could be driving it right now instead of stressing out and possibly having someone else go in and buy it. You realize you can't take money with you when you die, right?

You also can't take it with you when you're alive if you buy Jeeps for $20K more than they're worth.

I'd hate myself for feeling like I got screwed over. Isn't Anvil is a standard color in 2015? Get an Anvil Sport with 3.73's, AEV hood, Eaton lockers, some bumpers, and spend the remaining 10k however you want.

in2life53 07-01-2013 09:43 PM

I agree with the idea of buying the sport... Spend all that left over money making it yours.... I'm still shopping, spending... And making it mine

Ivan M 07-01-2013 09:48 PM

50k for a 10A, that dealer must be on crack.

getahemi 07-01-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legitposter (Post 3918577)

There are 2 10a rubis and 2 moabs on lots within 45 minutes of my place. I won't miss them all. If I do I'll buy a sport and go shopping. And I promise you I have no stress. :)