Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

4 inch problems

2K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  Missoulatj 
#1 ·
I have a 99 tj. Gotta 2 inch and I was going to put 33's under it. 33's fit good under my two inch but i want to add more so i can go deeper in the mud. Okay, so I have a 2 inch puck lift, if I purchase a 2 inch coil, would I have a 4 imch lift, or would it not lift it anymore at all? Please give me honest opinions. Thank you.

-Jake

#2 ·
Coils usually give more then advertised. All in all your looking at 4-5" of lift.
Steering/caster/pinion angles will all be screwed up if not set up correctly. control arms, TC drop or SYE/drive shaft(s) etc.

Do a small body lift along with the spacers. This will keep your driveline in check but give you more height for bigger meats. Remember ..... It's not the lift that gives you ground clearance at the diffs...., its the tires.

#9 ·
2"-2.5" is perfect for a 33" on a Tj.
For a street jeep maybe?

4" and 33's would be more appropriate if you want to get the full potential out of your parts. 33's are going to eat fenders on a 2.5" lift.

The info is right as far as the driveline goes. If your going 4 or more you definitely need to factor in what you are going to use to correct your pinion angle in the rear and Correct steering as well. Track bar for the rear will also need to be addressed.

#13 ·
Well... I would go to 35's. reason I don't. I live in the heart/very center of wv. So I do more hill climbing then hitting mudholes. But the two reasons why i'm not getting 35's? Because I need more flex, and I have the legendary 2.5L 4-banger!!!

#20 ·
The four banger I understand, but don't underestimate what you can do with 35's as far as flex. My jeep is nothing special at all. 6" coils and adjustable arms on 35's..

I know my front fenders are mangled. I plan on getting tubes put on soon so no damns were given :thumb:

Pictures may not do it justice, but it wraps around terrain pretty darn good for a few budget parts thrown together I think. I can't knock you for wanting the 33's though. I am currently planning to go that route as well with a downsize to 4" of suspension.

#18 ·
Well, it's just that i'm not looking for a full offroad vehicle. I want something as a everyday driver and something I can hill clim amd hit a(n) occasional mud pit with. Although, I do appreciate everyones thoughts. And you didn't offend, i'm the biggest smart ellik around haha

#23 ·
for that lift height you also will need a front adjustable track bar and at min a rear track bar bracket. you may also need adjustable upper arms as well. Its your jeep do as you wish.. but If i needed a rock solid daily driver and weekend mud toy... I would save for a few more months.. and get it done the right way with good products as it will pay off in the long run...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.