Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   JK General Discussion Forum (
-   -   New JK - Should I lift it? (

TheSundayJaunt 07-02-2013 10:25 AM

New JK - Should I lift it?
Previous Jeep: 2008 JK Sahara Unlimited w/ 2.5 inch suspension lift and 33 inch tires

New Jeep: 2011 JK Sport Unlimited - no mods

Here's my issue: The 2008 looked great but it was like driving a bucking bronco at times. Now I have the 2011 and it rides real nice.

I really want to lift the 2011 but I don't want to loose the ride I am enjoying.

In lieu of a suspension lift I'm looking at 2 inch spacers with 33 inch tires.

Would I still loose the factory ride if I went with this combination?

mollyg 07-02-2013 10:34 AM

You can go mild and get a level kit and leave the same size tires if you got 32s it will look good and keep the same ride.

Beastmaster 07-02-2013 10:44 AM

Personally, I'd stay away from a spacer lift, I've seen the "hockey pucks" shift after a hard trail ride or even after hitting a large bump at higher speed. As mollyg mentioned, a budget lift would do you well or you could do a small lift like a 2-1/2 inch.

This is a very popular subject and here are a few threads that may provide more info.

Oh, by the way I'd also like to say:

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

onetraveller 07-02-2013 11:25 AM

If you want to keep or improve the factory ride, you'll need to spend some money. I'd suggest an AEV 2.5" kit with the geometry correction brackets.