Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   JK pet peeves - had to vent (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/jk-pet-peeves-had-to-vent-253557.html)

Remmy18 07-04-2013 07:08 AM

JK pet peeves - had to vent
 
It's no secret that a lot of JK owners never wheel their rig and lots of mods are put on JKs just for show. For those of us that really wheel, do you see stuff out there (forums or in person) that just erks you? A friend of a friend just bought a 10A Rubi hardtop that will never see open air or door removal, never mind any off pavement trail. Purchased simply cause its the "cool" and "top of the line" model. Has no clue what lockers or any other Rubi feature does. Seriously, has no clue.

Here's a few of mine:

1. Soccer moms at the dealership with lifted JKs complaining about the rough ride or leaky top: you bought an offroad built square shoebox on wheels with removable everything. Want a smooth ride? Trade it in for a Lexus! Want no leaks? Get a GC.

2. 20" rims: need I say more

3. Chrome anything but especially, mirrors, door handles and nonfunctional grill trim inserts: really????

4. Forum posts about what color to buy: you should be more concerned with the gearing than color. Also, it's personal preference. Man up and get the color you want.

5. Dealerships and crappy shops installing steering stabilizers as a fix for wobble: the fact that dealers or shops don't know by now that this is just a bandaid and doesn't solve the issue is BS.

6. 35s or larger on stock carrier: if you actually wheeled, that would destroy your tailgate in a matter of minutes.

7. Big lift with axles off center complaining that the ESP light comes on constantly: what did you expect by going the cheapo route?

8. Posts about "it rained with my top off". Wipe it down and drive away. Geez.


Sorry if I created some butthurtedness. Wranglers are not minivans or SUVs. They're the most capable offroad vehicles off the showroom floor that happen to do ok on the street as well. I'm sure ill get some blasts for this so bring it.

Happy 4th!

lolpetewtf 07-04-2013 07:17 AM

:deadhorse: We're going to have to find another horse to beat.


found one - :deadhorse:

Threads like this never end well.

Remmy18 07-04-2013 07:29 AM

Maybe. Way more posts on "what lift" and "what tire size". Just curious if I'm being a complete d@ck or if others feel the same and what bothers them

it_felt_so_good 07-04-2013 07:38 AM

Another one of these threads but I am bored...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 3926668)
1. Soccer moms at the dealership with lifted JKs complaining about the rough ride or leaky top: you bought an offroad built square shoebox on wheels with removable everything. Want a smooth ride? Trade it in for a Lexus! Want no leaks? Get a GC.

Soccer moms make up a good majority of Jeep's sales. Jeeps not complaining about soccer moms complaining. Lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 3926668)
2. 20" rims: need I say more

They don't look too bad with 40's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 3926668)
3. Chrome anything but especially, mirrors, door handles and nonfunctional grill trim inserts: really????

I can agree with you there. Stick-on chrome looks damn horrible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 3926668)
4. Forum posts about what color to buy: you should be more concerned with the gearing than color. Also, it's personal preference. Man up and get the color you want.

Lol asking advice on what tires to buy is one thing but asking what color to get is funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 3926668)
5. Dealerships and crappy shops installing steering stabilizers as a fix for wobble: the fact that dealers or shops don't know by now that this is just a bandaid and doesn't solve the issue is BS.

It keeps them employed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 3926668)
6. 35s or larger on stock carrier: if you actually wheeled, that would destroy your tailgate in a matter of minutes.

Plenty guys wheel with 35's on their stock carrier. Some guys destroy their tailgates like you mentioned & then some guys have no problems at all. It's a hit & miss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 3926668)
7. Big lift with axles off center complaining that the ESP light comes on constantly: what did you expect by going the cheapo route?

Agree with you there. These are the same guys who, "upgrade," their four tires/rims but don't get a spare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 3926668)
8. Posts about "it rained with my top off". Wipe it down and drive away. Geez.

Can you link me to a post. That's hilarious.

jcoe1 07-04-2013 07:40 AM

I hate painted tops and fenders, it makes them look like a Mercedes G class. ; )

Pennsyman 07-04-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 3926699)
Maybe. Way more posts on "what lift" and "what tire size". Just curious if I'm being a complete d@ck or if others feel the same and what bothers them

How about we all agree about 3/4 of a d@ck. I bought my JK with every intention of wheeling it...then figured that wasn't what I wanted to do to my DD....so I am looking now for a trail rig. So people buy them for reasons you disagree with...hey, live and let live...what do you care?
Too many posts about color? Here's a thought...don't read them.
Much whining about getting rained on? Again...stop reading them if they piss you off!

You are WAY off base about the leak issue....30K for a vehicle that leaks...sorry bud...."Buy a GC" is a cop out, and you are making excuses for a quality/engineering flaw. You will NEVER convince me otherwise.

There are intangibles involved here.....the Jeep experience, or whatever you choose to call it, is something that is not experienced by everyone in the same manner. Sure, some things may piss all of us off to one degree or another....but we are all on here for one reason right? Let it go, do what YOU want on your rig, and let others do what they choose to....but yeah...some of it is damn funny...in a tragic sort of way...but again....live and let live, that's what makes the world go 'round.

it_felt_so_good 07-04-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcoe1 (Post 3926711)
I hate painted tops and fenders, it makes them look like a Mercedes G class. ; )

http://images.thecarconnection.com/l...00201881_l.jpg

http://www.imageshack.us/photo/my-im...saharawht.jpg/
http://images.dealerrevs.com/pictures/62393672.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/saharawht.jpg/

gunut 07-04-2013 07:43 AM

I have a peeve about guys that buy fooour dooooor mall crawlers....get a hummer..

also guys that drive around with mud all over their jeep like its some badge of honor...wash the damn thing....and get mud splatter decals put on, they last longer and dont wash off when it rains..

I really don't care about any of this crap but thought Id stir the pot...:popcorn:

Remmy18 07-04-2013 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcoe1 (Post 3926711)
I hate painted tops and fenders, it makes them look like a Mercedes G class. ; )

Well played. Doubt you'll see any G classes like this from wheeling tho.



Attachment 268695

jj77 07-04-2013 07:46 AM

its different strokes for different folks. Thank God we all don't think the same or we'd have nothing to talk about! Harleys are the same deal. you got your "hard core bikers" that don't wash their bikes and ride them every day. Then you have your weekend warriors that pull the bike out for a Sunday ride and wash it as soon as they get home. that's what makes people unique I guess.

it_felt_so_good 07-04-2013 07:51 AM

Unless you are driving this then we all have fake Jeeps:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Z...mes-Jeep-1.jpg

D_ninja 07-04-2013 07:55 AM

Large rims with low profile tires.

Chromed out jeeps.

When I see this done to a jeep, I want to rip off the jeep badge from the hood.

jadmt 07-04-2013 07:56 AM

my biggest pet peeve is people who have pet peeves lol. I could give a rats ass about what anyone else does with their vehicles as long as I am not paying their payments.

Remmy18 07-04-2013 07:57 AM

For the record, I don't like the hardtop either but it was the only Rubi with 4:10s on the lot and I refused to pay for it so they sold it to me for $5k under sticker

it_felt_so_good 07-04-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_ninja (Post 3926752)
Large rims with low profile rims.

Chromed out jeeps.

When I see this done to a jeep, I want to rip off the jeep badge from the hood.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...edup/Jeep2.jpg

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...1&d=1365093903

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...0009_large.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps5210b381.jpg

it_felt_so_good 07-04-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 3926724)
Well played. Doubt you'll see any G classes like this from wheeling tho.

Attachment 268695

This one has wheeling marks on the bumper. Is it a real Jeep to you?:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/attach...1&d=1265721133

YJ Nate 07-04-2013 08:00 AM

Damn, dont be so judgmental... Seriously.. Your buddy with the Rubi will make some guy 5 years from now ecstatic over the super clean rubicon he found on the used lot, when your buddy gets tired of it and trades it in.

Jeeps are cool fun vehicles, what gives us the right to judge someone else who wants that fun in their life, regardless of whether they intend to wheel it or not. If some dude wants 20's and a lowering kit, its his problem, not ours.

Ive been a jeep owner for 15 years, ive had two yj's, an xj, now a JK, and my wife's in a patriot, had a KJ before than, and a Wrangler before that. I'll probably always drive a jeep. My YJ's were DD/Trail toys, in the end my second yj was a toy while i drove the XJ daily.

The XJ never saw a trail, because it was my dd. My JK will likely see very little trail use, because its my DD, and i need to depend on it. If you ran across me at the mall, would you call me a poser because i have s clean stock brand new JK? Regardless of the fact that i have a YJ frame and tub in my basement waiting for a buildup? You dont know these people, cut em some slack.

We need to accept that the cool rich kids and soccer moms are a big part of Jeep's customers. If we alienate them too badly, the jeep brand could simply fail, and then what do we have?

Remmy18 07-04-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D_ninja (Post 3926752)
Large rims with low profile tires.

Chromed out jeeps.

When I see this done to a jeep, I want to rip off the jeep badge from the hood.

Yes!! I'm not alone

DIXIEDOG 07-04-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadmt (Post 3926759)
my biggest pet peeve is people who have pet peeves lol. I could give a rats ass about what anyone else does with their vehicles as long as I am not paying their payments.


Exactly :dance:

Remmy18 07-04-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennsyman (Post 3926716)

How about we all agree about 3/4 of a d@ck. I bought my JK with every intention of wheeling it...then figured that wasn't what I wanted to do to my DD....so I am looking now for a trail rig. So people buy them for reasons you disagree with...hey, live and let live...what do you care?
Too many posts about color? Here's a thought...don't read them.
Much whining about getting rained on? Again...stop reading them if they piss you off!

You are WAY off base about the leak issue....30K for a vehicle that leaks...sorry bud...."Buy a GC" is a cop out, and you are making excuses for a quality/engineering flaw. You will NEVER convince me otherwise.

There are intangibles involved here.....the Jeep experience, or whatever you choose to call it, is something that is not experienced by everyone in the same manner. Sure, some things may piss all of us off to one degree or another....but we are all on here for one reason right? Let it go, do what YOU want on your rig, and let others do what they choose to....but yeah...some of it is damn funny...in a tragic sort of way...but again....live and let live, that's what makes the world go 'round.

Ha! 3/4 d@ck. I like that.

You've made my point. Jeep tops have leaked since day 1. Some worse than others but its really only a matter of time. I've had 4 and they all have leaked. Expecting it NOT to leak is what I find amusing.

JeeperJake 07-04-2013 08:17 AM

nothing JK is a 'pet peeve'....

what some people do to them may surprise me....but it ain't my business what they do to their stuff

Remmy18 07-04-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YJ Nate (Post 3926764)
Damn, dont be so judgmental... Seriously.. Your buddy with the Rubi will make some guy 5 years from now ecstatic over the super clean rubicon he found on the used lot, when your buddy gets tired of it and trades it in.

Jeeps are cool fun vehicles, what gives us the right to judge someone else who wants that fun in their life, regardless of whether they intend to wheel it or not. If some dude wants 20's and a lowering kit, its his problem, not ours.

Ive been a jeep owner for 15 years, ive had two yj's, an xj, now a JK, and my wife's in a patriot, had a KJ before than, and a Wrangler before that. I'll probably always drive a jeep. My YJ's were DD/Trail toys, in the end my second yj was a toy while i drove the XJ daily.

The XJ never saw a trail, because it was my dd. My JK will likely see very little trail use, because its my DD, and i need to depend on it. If you ran across me at the mall, would you call me a poser because i have s clean stock brand new JK? Regardless of the fact that i have a YJ frame and tub in my basement waiting for a buildup? You dont know these people, cut em some slack.

We need to accept that the cool rich kids and soccer moms are a big part of Jeep's customers. If we alienate them too badly, the jeep brand could simply fail, and then what do we have?

Well said but I am judgemental and feel that this is the appropriate place to discuss.

jadmt 07-04-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 3926797)
Ha! 3/4 d@ck. I like that.

You've made my point. Jeep tops have leaked since day 1. Some worse than others but its really only a matter of time. I've had 4 and they all have leaked. Expecting it NOT to leak is what I find amusing.

expecting it to leak is stupid. neither my hard top nor my soft top leak. flame away

Barrie 07-04-2013 08:22 AM

I like boobies. :D

Remmy18 07-04-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadmt (Post 3926823)
expecting it to leak is stupid. neither my hard top nor my soft top leak. flame away

And when it starts too, I'm sure we'll see a post. ;)

n3tfury 07-04-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadmt (Post 3926759)
my biggest pet peeve is people who have pet peeves lol. I could give a rats ass about what anyone else does with their vehicles as long as I am not paying their payments.

^This



/end of thread

5150Rubicon 07-04-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remmy18 (Post 3926668)
It's no secret that a lot of JK owners never wheel their rig and lots of mods are put on JKs just for show. For those of us that really wheel, do you see stuff out there (forums or in person) that just erks you? A friend of a friend just bought a 10A Rubi hardtop that will never see open air or door removal, never mind any off pavement trail. Purchased simply cause its the "cool" and "top of the line" model. Has no clue what lockers or any other Rubi feature does. Seriously, has no clue.

Here's a few of mine:

1. Soccer moms at the dealership with lifted JKs complaining about the rough ride or leaky top: you bought an offroad built square shoebox on wheels with removable everything. Want a smooth ride? Trade it in for a Lexus! Want no leaks? Get a GC.

2. 20" rims: need I say more

3. Chrome anything but especially, mirrors, door handles and nonfunctional grill trim inserts: really????

4. Forum posts about what color to buy: you should be more concerned with the gearing than color. Also, it's personal preference. Man up and get the color you want.

5. Dealerships and crappy shops installing steering stabilizers as a fix for wobble: the fact that dealers or shops don't know by now that this is just a bandaid and doesn't solve the issue is BS.

6. 35s or larger on stock carrier: if you actually wheeled, that would destroy your tailgate in a matter of minutes.

7. Big lift with axles off center complaining that the ESP light comes on constantly: what did you expect by going the cheapo route?

8. Posts about "it rained with my top off". Wipe it down and drive away. Geez.


Sorry if I created some butthurtedness. Wranglers are not minivans or SUVs. They're the most capable offroad vehicles off the showroom floor that happen to do ok on the street as well. I'm sure ill get some blasts for this so bring it.

Happy 4th!

Hilarious. Ridiculous, but hilarious. And since you asked, I think 3/4's is being generous :D If the JEEP folks (you know, the makers of the vehicle you cherish so much) had to choose between folks like you (wheelers) and the soccer mom types you so despise...they'd drop you like a hot tater'. You just made me realize sumthin'. As much as I HATE these types of posts...I like to play...so, hey....THANKS :thumb:

2resa 07-04-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie (Post 3926827)
I like boobies. :D


No bacon??

Remmy18 07-04-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5150Rubicon (Post 3926852)

Hilarious. Ridiculous, but hilarious. And since you asked, I think 3/4's is being generous :D If the JEEP folks (you know, the makers of the vehicle you cherish so much) had to choose between folks like you (wheelers) and the soccer mom types you so despise...they'd drop you like a hot tater'. You just made me realize sumthin'. As much as I HATE these types of posts...I like to play...so, hey....THANKS :thumb:

Agreed and as a guy who bought the jeep to wheel it, just having some fun. One can only read so many newbie, what lift, etc posts.

Remmy18 out.

kjeeper10 07-04-2013 08:42 AM

Wait..... Don't we already have a booby and bacon thread currently ?
This is not a booby and bacon thread ? Oh ok carry on !!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.