Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Pictures Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f115/)
-   -   "Professional" Install (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f115/professional-install-253895.html)

Missoulatj 07-05-2013 11:27 PM

"Professional" Install

1 Attachment(s)
Found this when working on the Jeep today.

Attachment 269360

BestBuy had a free "professional" install when I bought the CD player years ago guess they ran out of wire nuts and electrical tape.

PHILDABEAST 07-05-2013 11:52 PM

I sold and installed car audio for 7+ years and used to see stuff like that all the time, best buy and audio express were always the worst "professional" installs.
But at least yours appears to only be ground wires.

HillbillyJeeper 07-06-2013 12:01 AM

I have had similar experiences with Wal mart Oil changes. always check the oul before I leave the parking lot, my '07 was 3 quarts overfilled once. Kid acted like I was an ass cause I was pissed about "free oil". Oh well, you get what you pay for right?

Missoulatj 07-06-2013 12:32 AM

Ya its more just funny to me now that I do pretty much everything myself.

Lets see some more pics of other "professional" installs!

Missoulatj 07-06-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHILDABEAST (Post 3931616)

Ya it was. I have them all soldered and heat shrinked nicely now.

Cubdriver 07-16-2013 09:10 PM

Hey, at least they put a color-coordinated tiewrap on it! That should count for something, right?

-Pat

mmmanimalfat 07-16-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHILDABEAST (Post 3931616)
I sold and installed car audio for 7+ years and used to see stuff like that all the time, best buy and audio express were always the worst "professional" installs.

Yup...looks like a best buy install to me. I also was in "the industry" for quite some time. We once received a pt cruiser. After being to best buy for a gift her husband got her, she had the car towed to my shop. The husband had purchased a remote start for the wife. Brought the vehicle in to have the "professional" install done. Left the store and could not turn the steering wheel. Called best buy and they gave her the "not my problem" approach. She had had work done by us in the past and had the car towed to my shop. The "professional" installer had zip-tied one half of the remote start brain to the steering shaft under the dash and the other half to a wire harness, "locking" the steering wheel in place!
All I could say is WOW! Your going to kill somebody.
I also fixed a mobile audio system that had been installed with no speaker wire in the subwoofer enclosure. Couldn't figure out why there was no bass they told the customer that the subwoofers they supplied were no good and then installed them and closed up the box (enter Louis black voice) WITH NO SPEAKER WIRE!
Looks like they have not only run out of electrical tape, but run out of "professionals" as well.