Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   COD Jeep opinion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/cod-jeep-opinion-253976.html)

RDroepe 07-06-2013 12:07 PM

COD Jeep opinion

Hey, everyone. So I finally got a Jeep... the Call of Duty Black Ops edition. I'm pretty sure we got a great deal on it, so, it's ours now. I know a lot of people (myself included) are not a huge fan of the Call of Duty graphics. So I'm thinking about taking them off... but I don't know how or if the value would be effected. In addition, I've already gotten some recognition because of it. If it was yours, what would you do?
If it makes any difference, I plan on putting the "Rubicon" decals on the sides of the hood. Seeing as we spent the money to get the package, I'd like to spend the $20 and get the decals as well.

Duckquackers 07-06-2013 12:13 PM

Best advise, its yours do what makes you happy. I'm not a fan of the decals either really but you paid for them so why change. . Good luck!

HillbillyJeeper 07-06-2013 12:16 PM

COD stickers will matter at trade in. Anyone who knows anything about jeeps knows its a rubi.

Removing- youll prolly regret it later, at trade in
Adding- if you want to make sure everyone(even novices)know you have a rubi... ok

Bottom line YOLO, its your jeep, do what you want

stilmore 10-31-2013 08:57 AM

I know this is an older thread, but I just bought a Black Ops that someone took the stickers off of. I got it at a Ford dealer that called it a "Black Options Package" not having a clue what it was without the stickers. I got it for a STEAL. Verified at the local Jeep dealer with a build sheet that I did get a COD Black Ops! I think it's the first time I've come out on top when buying a used vehicle at a dealer!!!

KneeDeep 10-31-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stilmore (Post 5782818)
I know this is an older thread, but I just bought a Black Ops that someone took the stickers off of. I got it at a Ford dealer that called it a "Black Options Package" not having a clue what it was without the stickers. I got it for a STEAL. Verified at the local Jeep dealer with a build sheet that I did get a COD Black Ops! I think it's the first time I've come out on top when buying a used vehicle at a dealer!!!

Nice to see that 'once in a million' someone will come out ahead at a dealership.
What year was the COD edition?

rubisteph 10-31-2013 12:36 PM

It's a special addition, so I'd leave it alone. As said already, anyone that knows what a Rubicon is, knows that the COD is a Rubicon. But it's your Jeep.....

Vin 10-31-2013 04:35 PM

I pulled off the emblems for my COD MW3. If I were to trade it in, I'd just put new ones on.

stilmore 10-31-2013 05:27 PM

Mine is a 2011 unlimited. I ordered the decal set for mine, but I think I'll just keep them in case the next owner wants them.

panthermark 10-31-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stilmore (Post 5782818)

Sweet!