Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Help on Pricing! Good deal? Not sure where to post this! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/help-on-pricing-good-deal-not-sure-where-to-post-this-254065.html)

Turtle Shell 07-06-2013 09:45 PM

Help on Pricing! Good deal? Not sure where to post this!
 
Hey everyone, I am new to forums and have been doing some reading around but I am going to upgrade my jeep and was just wondering if anyone would give their opinion on the pricing of these upgrades.

I currently have a 2013 Wrangler Sport.
My hopes are to hit the Rubicon Trail in a month and in the meantime do some nearby trails and whatnot. This jeep (thanks rkracing ;P )is kind of my fathers and I hobby so we wanted to put some money into and make it more off road ready.

These are the things we are looking to get with the price from a local shop (install included in price)

TeraFlex 3" FlexArm Suspension Lift Kit with VSS 9550 Shocks (2530 installed including alignment)
Adjustable Track Bar (310 installed)
Double Cardin Joint Drive Shaft (580 installed)
5x Method Wheels (1200)
Goodyear MTR 35x12.5x17 (352 each- so 1760 for 5)
Tire Mounting (100 for all)
Procal (160)
ORfab Front and Rear Bumpers (1900 installed)
Front and Rear eaton locker (2800 installed)
Warn Zeon winch with sythentic rope (1200 installed)
TeraFlex Rock Guard Rock Sliders (1000 installed)

This what we were quoted at by a local shop that is associated with our jeep dealer so we have the benefit of not voiding are warranty at the dealer. Are these reasonable prices? We really enjoy the shop and the employees plus how local it is, but wanted to check here first!
Thanks,
Cj

PS: sorry for double post, not sure where this belongs! :O

RKracing 07-06-2013 09:49 PM

Welcome to the forms!

But...........

A Jeep is not a car! :punk:

The prices seem a little high to me, but if you are happy with them, then that is all that matters. Nothing on earth beats do it yourself. Even if you can only do half of those installs. The lesson's learned you will remember for ever. I can not even go into how valuable those lessons are for folks. But Good Luck either way and I know you will have fun with it. Party On!:dance:

corvallisbattery 07-06-2013 09:52 PM

Personally I believe if your going to be doing the "Rubicon Trail" and other like trails, it would be best to do most of the installs yourself to get to know your jeep. I'm not a fan of running what you haven't built. All the little details that become known as you build is invaluable. My advise doesn't come from jeeps.. I come from turbo Subaru's.. but it all applies.

The prices seem fair

corvallisbattery 07-06-2013 09:56 PM

But really... dropping 13k seems outlandish when a stock Rubicon can accomplish everything your looking to do.

Turtle Shell 07-06-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvallisbattery (Post 3934073)
Personally I believe if your going to be doing the "Rubicon Trail" and other like trails, it would be best to do most of the installs yourself to get to know your jeep. I'm not a fan of running what you haven't built. All the little details that become known as you build is invaluable. My advise doesn't come from jeeps.. I come from turbo Subaru's.. but it all applies.

The prices seem fair

Thanks for the insight. I used to drive a Mitsubishi (subi rivals) and used to work on that car. we currently dont have the ability to do the install ourselves; lack of tools, knowledge, and time. Plus we like the peace of mind having warranty cover the work!

Turtle Shell 07-06-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvallisbattery (Post 3934081)
But really... dropping 13k seems outlandish when a stock Rubicon can accomplish everything your looking to do.

Don't own a rubicon! This jeep was purchased for a very good price... and these upgrades adding to that price would put it under the out the door price of the rubicons being sold in my area.

corvallisbattery 07-06-2013 10:00 PM

Crazy how local pricing sometimes makes it a better deal to buy new and mod. Not the case with many other rigs!

corvallisbattery 07-06-2013 10:02 PM

Didn't see anything about regearing in there. Add that in! Those 35" with 3.73(at best) and all that extra weight isn't gonna make for a fun drive anywhere!

chaseracing 07-06-2013 10:05 PM

I love the upgrade idea. Yes you could go get a stock rubicon, but that is boring. Having all of the mods will make that JEEP so much more fun! if you can't do it yourself, have someone else do it. Just get it done and get out on the trail. Enjoy the ride.

I did not notice gears on your parts list? I believe the sport has 3.23 gears. That will not be fun on the trail with the bigger tires. Have you considered this?

Turtle Shell 07-06-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaseracing (Post 3934102)
I love the upgrade idea. Yes you could go get a stock rubicon, but that is boring. Having all of the mods will make that JEEP so much more fun! if you can't do it yourself, have someone else do it. Just get it done and get out on the trail. Enjoy the ride.

I did not notice gears on your parts list? I believe the sport has 3.23 gears. That will not be fun on the trail with the bigger tires. Have you considered this?

my jeep has 3.73 gears and is a DD with occasional off roading. Do you think a regear to be necessary?

RKracing 07-06-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle Shell (Post 3934152)
my jeep has 3.73 gears and is a DD with occasional off roading. Do you think a regear to be necessary?

In my opinion without the gearing you will enjoy it 75%.
With the gearing you will enjoy it 100%.
Do get the gearing but in a month or so, so that you can feel what a difference it makes.

Turtle Shell 07-07-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKracing (Post 3934188)
In my opinion without the gearing you will enjoy it 75%.
With the gearing you will enjoy it 100%.
Do get the gearing but in a month or so, so that you can feel what a difference it makes.

Okay thanks!

dawhitesJKU 07-07-2013 01:24 AM

i say ur getting a satisfactory deal. the only big deal i would bring up are the method wheels...even the new method nv's are less than 200. Other than that, ur good.

Turtle Shell 07-07-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawhitesJKU (Post 3934493)
i say ur getting a satisfactory deal. the only big deal i would bring up are the method wheels...even the new method nv's are less than 200. Other than that, ur good.

i just noticed that I looked at my price quote wrong... the wheels are only 975 for all 5, which comes to 195 per wheel which is pretty close to online prices! Thanks tho!

dawhitesJKU 07-07-2013 02:02 AM

might i add...gusset your axle c's as an insurance policy to your heavy 35' tires, and while your at it... armor up the front differential either with sleeves or a truss kit from artec industries.

Stevezie 07-07-2013 02:06 AM

The 'not voiding the warranty' part is what raises an eyebrow for me. Any part that is aftermarket won't be under the factory warranty and any 'factory part' that fails can be denied coverage if they think an after market part had a hand in its failure... I'm sure others more knowledgable will chime in on this soon.
Good luck though! Sounds like it'll be a nice rig
-Stephen

JKUR10A 07-07-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKracing (Post 3934188)

In my opinion without the gearing you will enjoy it 75%.
With the gearing you will enjoy it 100%.
Do get the gearing but in a month or so, so that you can feel what a difference it makes.

In my opinion I would definitely upgrade your gears, and the time to do it is when you do your lockers. It will be less costly to do it all at once.

Your upgrade list/price is decent.

Turtle Shell 07-07-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKUR10A (Post 3934970)
In my opinion I would definitely upgrade your gears, and the time to do it is when you do your lockers. It will be less costly to do it all at once.

Your upgrade list/price is decent.

Would you have a recommendation? 4.56 gears or 4.88s?

JKUR10A 07-07-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle Shell (Post 3935775)

Would you have a recommendation? 4.56 gears or 4.88s?

I really like the combination witch my stock 32's and 4.10's, if I was upgrading to larger tires I would try and stay close to that ratio, it's the perfect balance between power and gas mileage. For yours to stay in that ratio, you would go with 4.56's and 35's. 4.88's would give you more power if this jeep is just used for off-roading, but if its your daily drive, you will be happier with the 4.56's.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.