Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   Trim pocket fenders? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/trim-pocket-fenders-254161.html)

Lanco 07-07-2013 01:07 PM

Trim pocket fenders?
 
Some kid ran his face [yes his face] into my fender flares. :eek::facepalm::rofl:
I was already planning to get some tube fenders made for my rig, i guess this will speed up the process. But. while i still have these pockets on i figure ill have a little fun with them.. trim them down a little and see if i can remove the "bulkiness" that i never liked about them.

my question is: has anyone ever modified their pocket fenders and if so please post some pictures

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps79e0fdc6.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...psa81cdf2e.jpg

also. if someone happens to have a spare fender flare for sale haha..

WVU Mountainman 07-07-2013 01:20 PM

Was there alcohol involved with the face plant? I had a drunk buddy stumble and slam his face into my bug visor on my truck. It completely shattered. Needless to say when he woke up the next day, I drive him to the nearest auto store and had him purchase me a new one :)

WVU Mountainman 07-07-2013 01:21 PM

I'm pretty sure I have one in the basement. I do not have the light for it tho. Ill check for ya

WVU Mountainman 07-07-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVU Mountainman (Post 3935435)
I'm pretty sure I have one in the basement. I do not have the light for it tho. Ill check for ya

Crap. Mine is the passenger side flare, not drivers side

Lanco 07-07-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVU Mountainman (Post 3935430)
Was there alcohol involved with the face plant? I had a drunk buddy stumble and slam his face into my bug visor on my truck. It completely shattered. Needless to say when he woke up the next day, I drive him to the nearest auto store and had him purchase me a new one :)

no alcohol.. kid was about 10. broad daylight. i had just stopped at a stop sign at the end of a side street. and then .. wack! guess he was racing his buddy down the sidewalk and wasnt paying attention. i kinda felt bad for the kid..

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVU Mountainman (Post 3935439)
Crap. Mine is the passenger side flare, not drivers side

i appreciate you looking anyhow :thumb:

Flyfisher76 07-07-2013 02:28 PM

That is the craziest thing i have ever heard. I hope his parents are offering to pay for a replacement at the very least.

Lanco 07-07-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyfisher76 (Post 3935577)
That is the craziest thing i have ever heard. I hope his parents are offering to pay for a replacement at the very least.

i was more worried about the kid .. no offer was made. im ok with it somehow.

Flyfisher76 07-07-2013 03:31 PM

I would probably say the same thing but at least an offer would have been nice.

Lanco 07-07-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyfisher76 (Post 3935787)
I would probably say the same thing but at least an offer would have been nice.


yeah, for sure. to be honest i think i was a little in shock. :eek: (the sound was pretty loud)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.