Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Best method for payment on GunBroker.. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/best-method-for-payment-on-gunbroker-254426.html)

AngelJK 07-08-2013 04:41 PM

Best method for payment on GunBroker..

Hey all, I am a newbie to guns and was looking to sell a S&W M&P 15-22. I don't really understand the methods of payment. How could someone pay me via credit card and how do I accept that payment (one example)? There is PayPal and Money Order, which are both quite popular.
What would you do to ensure your safety?
Moreover, do I get paid before shipping item?
Thanks guys/gals,
Angel

BigHurt844 07-08-2013 04:44 PM

You as the seller, go with PayPal. And yes they'd pay you before you shipped it along with the shipping costs. Paypal once verified should allow you to transfer the funds they pay your account with directly into your bank account.

AngelJK 07-08-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHurt844 (Post 3939342)
You as the seller, go with PayPal. And yes they'd pay you before you shipped it along with the shipping costs. Paypal once verified should allow you to transfer the funds they pay your account with directly into your bank account.

Please excuse my ignorance. Thank you! I will make a PayPal account then! :)

BigHurt844 07-08-2013 04:49 PM

Haha not at all, its always good to know ahead of time, after you create your paypal account you'll have to verify your account which may take a day or two.

Timberwolf 07-08-2013 06:56 PM

paypal has a huge issue with being used to pay for firearms parts or ammo
they have frozen accounts over it
check their acceptable use policy section 2i

JK-linux 07-08-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timberwolf (Post 3939745)
paypal has a huge issue with being used to pay for firearms parts or ammo
they have frozen accounts over it
check their acceptable use policy section 2i

x2. They are a Kommiefornia-based company (see eBay) and will mess you up pretty well if they sniff a firearms, magazine of 10+ rounds or ammunition related transaction. Troll the gun and knife forums to read horror stories about thousands of dollars being frozen and "internet friendships" ruined over a simple Paypal rifle sale. Paypal is happy to profit off of firearms related transactions that are not guns, ammo or standard capacity magazines. They pretty much want the rest of the country to behave as if they must comply with PRK laws when using Paypal services. Their playground, their rules; so be it. Personally, I quit using them when I heard about all that nonsense. 99% of "gun-guys" will prefer a USPS or bank drawn money order anyhow (not some gas station variety money order or Western Union transfer). I'd suggest getting delivery confirmation and insurance.
Steps:
They win auction.
They mail payment to you.
You cash/deposit check.
You have your FFL ship firearm to their FFL. FFL can use USPS which is MUCH cheaper than you shipping overnight via FedEx of UPS.
You spend money once buyer is confirmed as happy.