Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   What shop in the SF bay area is good with modifying Jeeps? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/what-shop-in-the-sf-bay-area-is-good-with-modifying-jeeps-254536.html)

unusedusername 07-09-2013 12:25 AM

What shop in the SF bay area is good with modifying Jeeps?

I'm looking for a very knowledgable shop near where I live that knows the ins and outs of modifying my JK.

I live a little south of San Francisco airport.

I'd be doing a bumpers/winch/lightbar/lift/tires combo... I intend to keep my Jeep a long time so I'll likely be doing things in stages with primo parts.

I have no ability nor facility to do the initial installs myself, but I can likely do maintence afterwords.

I'm not sure of the specifics yet, hence one reason I'm looking for an expert.

Google has not been kind to me in this search, hence me asking here...

SurfnSnow 07-09-2013 02:49 PM

Shaffers off road in Alameda is pretty good.

jason mac 07-10-2013 02:11 PM

What are your plans with the Jeep? What kind of wheeling, tire size, lift height were you thinking?

unusedusername 07-15-2013 10:53 PM

I'm probably going to put on 35s when the stock tires are worn out. I don't know enough about lifts to know what I want yet, but I should figure it out by then.

With the mileage I do I have at least a few years before I wear out the stock tires.

Between now and then I'm thinking flat fenders, winch, dual battery, onboard air, bumpers, and someplace to put a 35" spare. I've already done HID projectors, a light bar, AUX electrical switch work, a trailer brake controller, and some other interior embellishments.

The use is a combination of daily driver and deep offroad camping. I want to get out far enough that I'm not camping in an established campsite. Probably BLM land, or something similar.

I've got an offroad trailer on order to go with it, so I won't need to go over obstacles that I can't traverse without the trailer unless I'm driving to a campsite where I can leave the trailer then go wheeling. I pick up the trailer end-ish of this month.

Trailer link: TreeLine Teardrops - Teardrop Models - Krawler

mrkeefer 08-16-2013 03:30 PM

you could also check extreme motorsports in brentwood.

josea1952 08-16-2013 03:49 PM

Could always call metal cloak and see who they suggest? I'm sure they have preferred installers.

CJ5_fan 09-25-2013 06:33 PM

Arabia's Overkill Jeep Fabrication

1436 White Oaks Rd
Ste 15
Campbell, CA 95030
(408) 626-8660 arabiasoverkill.com/index.shtml

jeepwayoflife 09-29-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ5_fan (Post 4858641)
Arabia's Overkill Jeep Fabrication

1436 White Oaks Rd
Ste 15
Campbell, CA 95030
(408) 626-8660 arabiasoverkill.com/index.shtml

Not a fan but there aren't too many around that specialize in jeeps. Performance Fabrication in San Carlos is good.

vincejohnson 10-08-2013 03:56 PM

Anyone's Off-Road in Fairfield is pretty great. About half way between SF and Sacramento off Hwy 80/680.