Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   California Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/)
-   -   2009 So Cal WF Meet & Greet, March 27-29: Roll Call (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f55/2009-so-cal-wf-meet-and-greet-march-27-29-roll-call-25464.html)

Unlimited 01-16-2009 02:40 PM

2009 So Cal WF Meet & Greet, March 27-29: Roll Call

The first annual So Cal Wrangler Forum Meet & Greet weekend has been scheduled for March 27th - 29th in the Anza Borrego Desert.

Come spend the day or the weekend! Meet some of the people you talk to on WF!

Camping: I've reserved three campsites that are next to each other for Friday and Saturday nights at Agua Caliente camp ground in Anza Borrego. We can have a total of 24 people and multiple tents. The sites will only hold 1 trailer or motor home each. One of them is mine for the duration, so the other two are still up for grabs. (We can get more spaces if we need them) We can check in as early as 2:00pm on Friday. Check out is at 1:00pm on Sunday.

As far as amenities go, I have an outdoor kitchen that I set up for anyone to use. There is a bathroom close by, water at each site and hot showers at the campground. There are also two hot mineral pools for camp ground guests to enjoy. We'll probably do community breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday and a spaghetti dinner on Saturday night.

Runs: I'm tentatively planning runs on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday morning. There will be scenic runs and some challenging stuff. The desert will be beautiful that time of year and the wild flowers will be in bloom. There is nothing super extreme in Anza Borrego as far as trails go and stock rigs should be able to get through anything we do unscathed. (Or maybe with some assistance.) The only vehicle requirements are tow points front and rear, and a safe vehicle that is in good repair. However, you should also have a CB radio, working fire extinguisher and first aid kit. It is also a good idea to have tools, extra fluids and parts as you think maybe necessary.

This will be a family friendly outing, so everyone is expected to behave accordingly. Everyone is welcome. If you have questions, please post them in the other thread or PM me. Information will be posted in the other thread as it becomes available.

!!!NO ALCOHOL OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED ON THE ROAD AND ON THE TRAIL!!!

Please post in this thread if you plan to attend. What days you plan on being there, and how many people you expect to come. If you plan on camping, and if so, what you plan on camping in. Also, please tell us a bit about your Jeep

Sign-up list.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...08/AnzaHC5.jpg

There will be pot luck dinner Saturday night. Please let me know (in a PM) what you will be bringing. I doesn't have to be from this list. I really didn't know what to put on it.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...08/AnzaFC4.jpg

Unlimited 01-16-2009 02:45 PM

I'll go first:

I will be arriving on Friday and staying thru Sunday. I'll be camping in my motor home with my wife and perhaps one of my sons.

My Jeep is a 2004 Unlimited w/ 3.5" lift on 33's, D/L in the back, open front diff. Hi-lift + winch.

4point 01-16-2009 04:40 PM

There will be 2 of us.
My son and I will be coming in around noonish on Friday. We will be departing around the same time on Sunday.
We will be tent camping (10x15 tent) I have a small ATV type trailer I use to haul all my goodies behind the jeep. I will be bringing Coffee, Alcohol and Beef. :D (what else is there?) I have all the basic camping equipment.

I have the CB, tow strap, Hi-lift, attachment points................
Jeep is an 02 X Open in the front and LSD in back.

If we are eating pot luck style we need to assign what needs to be brought. I shouldn't be the burden of one or two people.

1BLKJP 01-17-2009 12:56 AM

Put me down as a maybe right now. I just had a meeting today about Arizona's Game and Fish Off Road Expo which I found out is the same weekend. However I ran this event last year and it got a little tiresome after 3 days. So I might decide to head out for this one and meet some of you all and hit some trails.

If I come I'll have my tow rig and trailer and will be sleeping in said tow rig.

DeepSea 01-17-2009 01:24 AM

I have been waiting for something like this to happen...unfortunatly I'll be on deployment. I'm bummed! Hope you guys have fun.

stevens243 01-21-2009 07:19 PM

Just found this today (and only because Tiny has that cute little event timer on her siggy).

My son will be graduating boot camp the weekend before that, so unless he gets held up a week for some reason, count me in.

Me and my wife. Most likely a Friday camp out, long Saturday and 2 hour drive home that night. We'll be tent camping and have everything to survive and a bunch of stuff to thrive. Family oriented is all good (unless my crate breaks down, in which case please stand our of aural range when I'm laying on my back underneath it please).

Signature has most of my jeep details, but recovery gear including straps, rock jack etc a winch and a large first aid kit are always along for a ride (next to the tools and compressor).

Here's hoping I'm back from Illinois by this trip!

Looking forward to it! Larry

ccain 01-21-2009 07:25 PM

Count tiny and I in. Tentatively we will be staying and camping through the whole event unless something with Mouse comes up. At the very least we will be camping Friday night and wheeling Saturday.

emills 02-04-2009 10:20 AM

I am in. I will be there for Sat only. Probably just me - might have my kids with me.

My Jeep is an 06 Unlimited with 31s, plenty of armor and an Aussie in the front.

Tazman2 02-14-2009 10:58 PM

if i wasn't etsing i would

hedonist 02-17-2009 02:05 AM

Hi all.

I might be in. I have a 4 yr old daughter and was wondering if I should leave her or bring her (safety reasons of course).

O well, this sounds very fun. Put me down for a maybe. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

I have a 00 TJ with 33s and a 4' basic lift.

Wow, the OP made me salivate when he talked about the desert and all of the blooming flowers.

BTW: What would you like me to bring?

O well. Thanks for the invite and I will definitely try to roll. Count me in for Friday night and Saturday. Saturday night and Sunday morning are still in question.

Thanks again.

turdhurdler 02-24-2009 09:36 PM

Woo Hoo!!!! It looks like I am going to be able to go, no work scheduled for me that weekend. My wife will also be attending. I hope to be there all weekend.

Jeff

emills 02-25-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedonist (Post 326404)
Hi all.

I might be in. I have a 4 yr old daughter and was wondering if I should leave her or bring her (safety reasons of course).

I have a 4 and a 6 year old daughter. I am planning on bringing one or both if they are interested. This trip should be perfectly fine for the little ones.

Eric

4point 02-25-2009 11:51 AM

Cool Turd, I'll update the list when I get home tonight.

Unlimited 03-04-2009 06:13 PM

For dinner on Saturday, we are going to do a Spaghetti potluck for anyone interested in participating.

I'll bring: Spaghetti, marinara sauce, Italian sausage.

Other stuff we need: Appetizers, Salads / Dressing, Onions, Peppers, Mushrooms, Garlic bread (I have an oven we can use to heat it), Dessert, anything else?

I figure there will be about 10 - 15 people eating dinner with us.

Hey Pointy, will you do a chart in the first post to list sign-ups?

tiny terror 03-04-2009 06:58 PM

You're not Italian.

cavediverjc 03-04-2009 08:19 PM

I'll be there. I'm bringing my roommate. And plenty of cold Pacificos :)

Jeep's nothing fancy. 33's, 5+" of total lift. LSD in rear, open front, 3.73's, no armor (but I'm not afraid to scuff the little bitch up!)
I do have a winch, pullstrap, and front/rear tow points. As well as onboard air.
Let's see, what else.......a little guardian angel that hangs above my rearview. That's important. :)

Unlimited 03-05-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 334344)
You're not Italian.

You can't prove that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavediverjc (Post 334382)
I'll be there. I'm bringing my roommate. And plenty of cold Pacificos :)

Jeep's nothing fancy. 33's, 5+" of total lift. LSD in rear, open front, 3.73's, no armor (but I'm not afraid to scuff the little bitch up!)
I do have a winch, pullstrap, and front/rear tow points. As well as onboard air.
Let's see, what else.......a little guardian angel that hangs above my rearview. That's important. :)

Lookin forward to it Jordan.... Your Jeep will be fine for what we will be doing, as long as you have plenty of cold Pacifico on hand :D

Unlimited 03-05-2009 12:40 PM

Update!

1 Attachment(s)
We are having dash plaques for the event made. tiny and Cain came up with the artwork and they look awesome. I'm getting 25 of them made and I'll have them at the outing. Cost will be $5.00 each, first come, first served, bring cash.

turdhurdler 03-07-2009 01:14 PM

I will be there for sure. Wifey may get stuck working.

Jeff

Jerry Bransford 03-07-2009 01:24 PM

The wife just blessed me for the trip, I'm a little surprised since I've had two multi-day trips out to JV in the past 5 weeks. I should be out there Friday evening, could be late... someone save me and my tent trailer a spot please. Not sure if I'll be able to stay Sat. night too but I'm gonna try.

I can only suggest one thing that others may or may not want to go along with but it's something I and most everyone I wheel with adheres to... no drinking on the trail, even beer. I like to save that for the campfire. Since this is a family-friendly trip, I hope that can work for us all. I'll be bringing a little single-malt scotch for that. :D

4point 03-07-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 335512)
The wife just blessed me for the trip, I'm a little surprised since I've had two multi-day trips out to JV in the past 5 weeks. I should be out there Friday evening, could be late... someone save me and my tent trailer a spot please. Not sure if I'll be able to stay Sat. night too but I'm gonna try.

I can only suggest one thing that others may or may not want to go along with but it's something I and most everyone I wheel with adheres to... no drinking on the trail, even beer. I like to save that for the campfire. Since this is a family-friendly trip, I hope that can work for us all. I'll be bringing a little single-malt scotch for that. :D

This will be mandatory Jerry. :cool:

I'm looking forward to this weekend.

tiny terror 03-07-2009 03:25 PM

Yup, and I'm sure I can speak for Unlimited and Cain on this point. We don't drink on the trail. It's a bad mix

stevens243 03-08-2009 12:38 PM

There is a time and place for everything. Drinking while driving (or before driving) is just plain stupid and I keep a wide berth from people that do it so when the natural selection process begins, I don't get swept away with the rest of the retards.

Tippin' a few around a camp fire afterwards is just plain American fun and I do plan on participating in that.

Speaking of that, should I load some firewood and have the wife drive the pickup out there? It would make the camping loadout a bit easier for me and I think I'm about as close as anyone else...

cavediverjc 03-08-2009 02:13 PM

No problem here. I don't drink then drive. Besides, it's alcohol abuse to spill it all over while trying to wheel. Better to save it for the campfire. :)

4point 03-08-2009 09:45 PM

Hey everyone. Please check post #1 for Saturday night food details.

turdhurdler 03-08-2009 11:24 PM

I will bring bacon and garlic bread. How many pounds of bacon do you think we will need?

Jeff

ccain 03-08-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turdhurdler (Post 336077)
I will bring bacon and garlic bread. How many pounds of bacon do you think we will need?

Jeff

Seven or eight hundred pounds should do just fine! :D But what are you all going to eat?

tiny terror 03-09-2009 02:50 PM

Cain and I are bringing the appetizers, hope everyone likes southwestern egg rolls. We can also bring the salad if no one else claims it since there's two of us.

cavediverjc 03-09-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 336287)
Cain and I are bringing the appetizers, hope everyone likes southwestern egg rolls. We can also bring the salad if no one else claims it since there's two of us.

I'll claim the salad. Does anyone have preferences with dressing? If not, I'll probably just make it a Caesar. Let me know what you all want and I'll accommodate.

4point 03-09-2009 03:20 PM

This is working out great. Just make sure you are able to keep anything with eggs or mayo in it chilled. Otherwise we will all be marking the trail. :eek::D