Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Dealership Price > edmunds.com (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/dealership-price-edmunds-com-254817.html)

jeff89 07-10-2013 11:42 AM

Dealership Price > edmunds.com
 
So after grinding away at edmunds.com and entering in what I'd like: 2013 JKU sport 24s with the 3.73 and anti-spin diff, 3 piece hard top, slush mats...it shoots me a price to aim for at $27,500 before TTL.

For a model like this that i found at a dealership in Houston, the dealer wants to go their "very lowest" at like $30,000 before TTL.

Is it a pipe dream to expect to find want I want (above) for what edmunds.com suggests? Or do I need to start looking outside of Houston since they have "no problem" selling their wranglers here?

Scott2373 07-10-2013 11:46 AM

Absolutely not! I used Edmund's in negotiating for my Jeep and got my target price! DO NOT let the dealers beat you down and try to convince you that your target price is unreachable! You MUST be willing to walk out the door and let them come to you. Unfortunately, you have to play the game. Don't budge until you get your price!

scuba_steve 07-10-2013 11:48 AM

I am guessing that Edmunds price is somewhat above invoice. You should be shooting for at least 1% below invoice with $75 max dealer doc/prep fee. Any dealer participating in a Chrysler affiliate program will give you that deal...and many will beat it.

So yeah, look elsewhere. ;)

Scott in Houston 07-10-2013 11:50 AM

If you're in Houston, you can get 2-3% below invoice with no haggle at the right dealer. PM me if you'd like more detail. I just went through this process myself 6 months ago. Several dealers gave me the run-around and then I found a guy who immediately went to the below invoice pricing...

MATT0404 07-10-2013 11:54 AM

Here's what I've done with great success so far.

1. Join Tread Lightly to get guaranteed 1% under invoice price.
2. Email 5-10 dealerships in your area the model and options you want (most will do a dealer locate if they don't have that vehicle in stock).
3. When they respond, inform them that you're a member of Tread Lightly which allows you to purchase the vehicle at 1% under invoice. I also explain to them that Chrysler will give them a 2% of invoice kickback for me using the program (They likely already know this but it it lets them know you're an informed buyer).
4. When they agree to 1% under invoice, tell them another dealership will go 2% under invoice and see if they will match or beat that price. I just told them another dealership will give me 2% under invoice; 1% for Tread Lightly and 1% for being a member of WranglerForum.com.

This should easily get you at least 2% under invoice price. I'm negotiating with a few dealerships on a 2014 JKUR and have 3 dealerships ready to order my new Rubicon at almost 5% (4.9%) under invoice. Make sure you ask for an OTD price including doc fees. A great sounding deal can be ruined by excessive doc fees.

ltsrapcon 07-10-2013 11:55 AM

What everyone else said...If your paying more than invoice your paying too much

jeff89 07-10-2013 12:00 PM

Thanks guys. F**k, I love this forum.

Matador 07-10-2013 12:02 PM

Also keep in mind of competitor lease rebates (Conquest lease rebate). These rebates are applied after taxes and are generally for $1,000, thats an equivalent of 3% more under invoice. In total I was able to secure close to 7% under invoice for both my Jeep purchases, in large part due to this conquest rebate and the fact that I was dealing directly with the sales manager and was bringing him 4 new Jeep sales at the same time. Timing is also important. I bought my Jeeps the last week of the year were volume sales numbers are important.

Up Hill Bill 07-10-2013 12:08 PM

1. Tread Lightly – Individual ($100 level)

2. https://www.chrysleraffiliates.com/l...tPricingLayout

Bye, bye haggling and hassles!

Scott in Houston 07-10-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up Hill Bill (Post 3946527)

Even with that, you can get lower with the right dealer. :punk:

panthermark 07-10-2013 12:33 PM

There is a dealer in Houston that sales them for well below invoice. I can't remember which dealer it is, but I do remember when people discuseed invoice prices, a particular high volume dealer in Houston was super dirt cheap....like 3-4% below invoice...maybe more with an Affiiliate Discount.

zerinS4 07-10-2013 12:38 PM

What dealer? Allan Samuels on I-10 was VERY easy to work with to get below invoice on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff89 (Post 3946429)

Is it a pipe dream to expect to find want I want (above) for what edmunds.com suggests? Or do I need to start looking outside of Houston since they have "no problem" selling their wranglers here?


Scott in Houston 07-10-2013 01:24 PM

River Oaks. Mark Gusman. I got 3-4% below invoice immediately.

I really think it depends on the particular sales person. Allen Samuels jerked me around with idiocy. I was out of there ASAP. Others have said River Oaks screws around, but if you go to Mark, no issues.

Duckquackers 07-10-2013 01:30 PM

I went to Gillman here in Houston dealt with the GM told him I had a check for X and I walked out with a Jeep that hadn't been pdi'd yet for exactly that amount.

zerinS4 07-10-2013 01:37 PM

AS was the only one that had the exact vehicle I wanted plus I had EPP (6% below invoice) pricing set so that wasn't really an issue. Just had to negotiate the trade-in value. Was a pretty simple process and the finance guy found me rate .5% better than my CU (1.49 vs 1.99 with CFFCU)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott in Houston (Post 3946762)
River Oaks. Mark Gusman. I got 3-4% below invoice immediately.

I really think it depends on the particular sales person. Allen Samuels jerked me around with idiocy. I was out of there ASAP. Others have said River Oaks screws around, but if you go to Mark, no issues.


panthermark 07-10-2013 01:47 PM

Basically....it sounds like Houston is the place to be to get a Wrangler for well below invoice.

Grinders Dad 07-10-2013 02:02 PM

I got mine for invoice and they also ate the holdback and all paperwork fees. Added up to $1650 under invoice.

mitchelmb 07-10-2013 02:06 PM

I think Houston is the place to be to get any vehicle. Very competitive dealerships down there.

gillbot 07-10-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott in Houston (Post 3946554)
Even with that, you can get lower with the right dealer. :punk:

I looked around and knew about the tread lightly plus I am also eligible for the chrysler affiliate rewards through work. After MUCH shopping around, I got a better deal on my own without using either program. Whatever you do, do NOT use TrueCar. That is just a spam site that sells your info and their pricing is garbage compared to what you can do on your own.

panthermark 07-10-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillbot (Post 3947692)
I looked around and knew about the tread lightly plus I am also eligible for the chrysler affiliate rewards through work. After MUCH shopping around, I got a better deal on my own without using either program. Whatever you do, do NOT use TrueCar. That is just a spam site that sells your info and their pricing is garbage compared to what you can do on your own.

They are actually the exact same program. Tread Lightly is simply one of the many groups that are part of the Chrysler Affiliate program. (I have it through my job as well).

Just keep in mind, you are not limited to 1% below invoice. Chrysler rebates 2% of the invoice price to the dealer (minus $75), and 1% of that is supposed to be passed on to the buyer.

So from a dealer perspective, selling at 2% below invoice without an affiliate program is similar to selling at nearly 4% below invoice with the progarm if the entire 2% is passed on to the buyer. There is a bit more to it, but that is the basics of how it works.

jeff89 07-10-2013 06:00 PM

I'm 99% sure I'm about to seal the deal on building my own 2014 Dune JKU sport with the 24s...minus the audio and fancy electronic stuff. Opting to beef up some mechanical stuff though. 3.73 gears, anti-spin, 3 piece black top....getting it for $31,600 OTD :)

dizzymizzy 07-10-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff89 (Post 3947737)
I'm 99% sure I'm about to seal the deal on building my own 2014 Dune JKU sport with the 24s...minus the audio and fancy electronic stuff. Opting to beef up some mechanical stuff though. 3.73 gears, anti-spin, 3 piece black top....getting it for $31,600 OTD :)

And this is what % below invoice?

Klinkenstein 07-11-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzymizzy (Post 3948340)

And this is what % below invoice?

Um I think this is msrp?

dizzymizzy 07-11-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klinkenstein (Post 3949646)
Um I think this is msrp?

Right. That's what I was thinking; which makes it interesting that Jeff89 is all smiley face about the price. Are deals not cut on ordering/building, or does Jeff89 need to negotiate the price more?

Klinkenstein 07-11-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzymizzy (Post 3949682)

Right. That's what I was thinking; which makes it interesting that Jeff89 is all smiley face about the price. Are deals not cut on ordering/building, or does Jeff89 need to negotiate the price more?

Jeff89 needs to get some concessions

jeff89 07-11-2013 07:37 AM

lol sh*t...I mean, the guy linked our computers together and built it right in front of me. I don't know how cheap these things can go for??

dizzymizzy 07-11-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff89 (Post 3949741)
lol sh*t...I mean, the guy linked our computers together and built it right in front of me. I don't know how cheap these things can go for??

I went to edmunds.com and built the following (granted it is 2013 model and not exact to your specs):

JKU (invoice 30,639)/MSRP 31,920
24s package, max tow w/ 3.73, alpine audio, side steps, auto, softtop.

I know this is more than you wanted, but you can see that even with the fancy electronic stuff, the audio, the side steps, and the tow hitch, the invoice price is still lower than your quote. And many people get prices well below invoice. If you can't negotiate lower, for whatever reason, do the tread lightly deal to get the 1% below invoice and save around 1k.

Klinkenstein 07-11-2013 08:00 AM

If you don't want the 2000 on the table, send it to me so I can buy out my lease and order my jku :-)

MATT0404 07-11-2013 08:16 AM

Invoice pricing on a 2014 JKU with those options is $31,137. 2% under invoice is $30,514. Now if by OTD, you mean tax, tag, license, and all fees included, the price you were quoted is pretty good.

Are you working a trade or currently leasing another vehicle? Also, if you want 3.73 gears and think you will ever tow something with your Jeep, think about adding the Max Tow Package instead of just the gears. Invoice price is $353 and it includes 3.73 gears. For an extra $89 you get a class II hitch and wiring harness connector.

dizzymizzy 07-11-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MATT0404 (Post 3949870)
Invoice pricing on a 2014 JKU with those options is $31,137. 2% under invoice is $30,514. Now if by OTD, you mean tax, tag, license, and all fees included, the price you were quoted is pretty good.

Good point about TTL. Forgot about it. Let's hope that's what he means.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.