Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   TeraFlex Budget Boost needs Wheel Spacers?! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/teraflex-budget-boost-needs-wheel-spacers-254937.html)

MRT2 07-10-2013 08:06 PM

TeraFlex Budget Boost needs Wheel Spacers?!

Just received my Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost w/Shock Adaptors. Got it for $360 from Quadratech.

Question is, I have a '13 JKUR, and the Teraflex site (via YouTube) says I'll need wheelspacers for the stock rims? Searched the threads, and people whom have this lift, don't have it? (But then again, they all also have aftermarket rims).

So long story to a short question, Do I need wheel spacers for my stock '13 Rubicon Rims?

MRT2 07-11-2013 12:23 AM

Perhaps I'll try them without and see if there is any rub?

ElectricJay 07-11-2013 12:49 AM

I have the same lift with no rubbing on my 12 jku. I have had no issues on or off-road. And I do not have spacers.

kjeeper10 07-11-2013 04:38 AM

Because the longer sway bar links can hit the wheel. From how I understand it, the links can be mounted differently to prevent contact.

MRT2 07-12-2013 01:26 AM

Thanks All. Looks like I'm going to run them until I hit a problem.

ThatDudeWithNoDoors 10-24-2013 11:52 PM

I see this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you did the BB and how it is working out. I have a '13 JKU. Sport S with Rubi Wheels n Tires.

Any rub without spacers?

Kthulhu 10-25-2013 05:43 AM

I'm ordering the Tera Flex 2.5" spring lift this week. I talked to Doug at Tera Flex and he said the stock Jeep rims have too much back spacing. He said to use a 1 1/4" spacers or use aftermarket rims with less than 4 1/2" of back spacing. I'm going to use the spacers anyway as I like the look of the slightly wider stance. Plus I don't think I want to wait till my tire rubs or catches something and possibly does a couple hundred dollars worth of damage to put spacers on.

MRT2 06-10-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatDudeWithNoDoors (Post 5635049)
I see this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you did the BB and how it is working out. I have a '13 JKU. Sport S with Rubi Wheels n Tires. Any rub without spacers?

I ended up getting the spacers at 1.5". Wanted to postpone the purchase as rims with the proper back spacing were in the immediate future, however was sold until then... The spacers would prevent rubbing and give the rig a wider stance. This is true. That slight width made all the difference.

Weird thing with the BB. I was under the assumption that the ride would be the same upas it's utilizing all the same suspension components (in theory right?). However after install, the ride was noticeably more bumpy. Thought it was me, however the Mrs referenced the exact same thing. Looked at the work, and everything was installed exactly to instruction... Who would have though the BB made the ride worse? Not me.

(On another note, adding the 1.5" spacers did make cornering slightly more steady. "Solid, Planted" are others words that come to mind.)