Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   clutch squeaking on new JK- is this normal (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/clutch-squeaking-on-new-jk-is-this-normal-255193.html)

coelement777 07-11-2013 09:18 PM

clutch squeaking on new JK- is this normal

I bought my 2013 JK 6 speed about 2 weeks ago. A couple hundred miles ago i noticed the clutch made a squeaking noise as it was depressed and it has been doing it since. Is this normal while it breaks in? Jeep has just under 800 miles on it and i am thinking of taking it to the dealer to get it looked it, as it is kind of annoying. I have driven manual cars and trucks most of my life and none of my previous vehicles have made this noise, including the 97 TJ i used to have.

Foxland 07-11-2013 10:00 PM

Noisy clutch

I have a new 13 JKU with around 600 mi. also a 6 speed, it doesn't make any noise and it shouldn't. I have always had manuals and have not had any of the clutches squeal, not when they were new or old. Bring it in to the dealer.
Mo

LMT Rubi 07-11-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coelement777 (Post 3952402)
I bought my 2013 JK 6 speed about 2 weeks ago. A couple hundred miles ago i noticed the clutch made a squeaking noise as it was depressed and it has been doing it since. Is this normal while it breaks in? Jeep has just under 800 miles on it and i am thinking of taking it to the dealer to get it looked it, as it is kind of annoying. I have driven manual cars and trucks most of my life and none of my previous vehicles have made this noise, including the 97 TJ i used to have.

OP: I don't know what type of squeaks you are talking about but my 2013 JKR had its entire clutch and water pump replaced all well under 1000 miles. Check my thread history and you should be able to find the videos I posted.

coelement777 07-11-2013 10:55 PM

its a faint but noticable squeak as the clutch is being pressed down. Other then that it seems to be working normally, it shifts fine through all the gears. I will make a appointment to get it looked at tomorrow and see what the dealer has to say
edit- LMT, i read your thread and watched the video. My symptoms are different, it only makes the noise when i am actually pressing the pedal and dosent make any wierd noises while in neutral or in gear. How long has it been since your clutch and water pump were replaced and have you had any problems since then?

LMT Rubi 07-11-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coelement777 (Post 3952780)
its a faint but noticable squeak as the clutch is being pressed down. Other then that it seems to be working normally, it shifts fine through all the gears. I will make a appointment to get it looked at tomorrow and see what the dealer has to say
edit- LMT, i read your thread and watched the video. My symptoms are different, it only makes the noise when i am actually pressing the pedal and dosent make any wierd noises while in neutral or in gear. How long has it been since your clutch and water pump were replaced and have you had any problems since then?

It has been 6,000 miles since the replacement and have NOT had anymore noises or issues.

Espada 07-11-2013 11:44 PM

My JKR 6 spd doesn't have a squeaky clutch. The shifter rattles a bit though. Take it in.