Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/)
-   -   New Jeep part on it's way (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f60/new-jeep-part-on-its-way-255227.html)

BV Jeep 07-11-2013 11:47 PM

New Jeep part on it's way
 
Well did some looking and found something for the Jeep. It's a Lokka. Who knows what this is and it's parent company? My old one is wore out.

Hope to see some of you in 2 weeks at the Set Them Free ride.

BVJeep:dance:

xxximpact05 07-11-2013 11:51 PM

Elaborate sir and what all are u running for the STF ride?

BV Jeep 07-11-2013 11:57 PM

I will be guiding one of the Chinamans Gulch runs on Saturday. Its kind of my back yard. The other you might have to google

BV Jeep 07-13-2013 08:45 AM

Well lots of lookers but no takers. Lokka is the parent company of Aussie Locker. Aussie is the USA version of the same thing. I ordered a new locker for the rear Dana 44. I will give it a good test to see if it is as good as the Aussie is. It is also about $50 less than the Aussie too. I believe the Aussie was $250 plus shipping and the Lokka is $220 delivered. If it seems to be a good locker I just might have to order the front locker for my Jeep too. If you want to check them out the site is Lokka.com

jagerhelix 07-13-2013 11:15 AM

isn't the Aussie made by torque masters?

BV Jeep 07-13-2013 04:21 PM

Yep all the same company as far as I can tell. On the Lokka site they even say that they sell them in the US as Aussie lockers

Oldguy 07-13-2013 09:03 PM

I can't believe you're giving up that stupid lunchbox locker you have ;) Your jeep is going to lose all of it's character, except for the one behind the wheel...

BV Jeep 07-14-2013 09:38 AM

It is still a lunchbox. The one I have in there is loosing it's grip. You know click bang slip.

G-Rocc 07-14-2013 10:40 AM

It is really loud too. Heard it the other day. Definitely needs to be replaced.

Ed, where you been? Haven't heard from you in a long time. You get mod all back together again?

BV Jeep 07-14-2013 11:15 AM

Oh yea its loud.

Oldguy 07-14-2013 09:57 PM

Well, I'm glad to know it's not going to lose any of its character...

Oldguy 07-14-2013 10:05 PM

I been in my garage, Rocc. Fabrication is pretty much done. Up to assembling, checking clearances(many are around a quarter inch or less) and putting everything back together. About the only thing still in one piece is the body and that's just sitting on the frame. Only big thing left is the regear, going to 4.88's.

G-Rocc 07-15-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldguy (Post 3962499)
I been in my garage, Rocc. Fabrication is pretty much done. Up to assembling, checking clearances(many are around a quarter inch or less) and putting everything back together. About the only thing still in one piece is the body and that's just sitting on the frame. Only big thing left is the regear, going to 4.88's.

You going to be ready for set them free?

BV Jeep 07-15-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rocc (Post 3964073)
You going to be ready for set them free?

He better be ready. I haven't seen that gun metal grey POS in a while.:D Or his Cool ass Jeep either.:whistling:

Hope to see ya soon ED

Oldguy 07-15-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rocc (Post 3964073)
You going to be ready for set them free?

Afraid not, just too much to do between now and then. I will be joining as a member in spirit though. It is a very worthy cause.

Oldguy 07-15-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BV Jeep (Post 3965496)
He better be ready. I haven't seen that gun metal grey POS in a while.:D Or his Cool ass Jeep either.:whistling:

Hope to see ya soon ED

Eat.Dirt.

Oh, you'll see me soon enough. Part of my shake down will be to see how far you and I can get up Carnage before we get into serious trouble :D

G-Rocc 07-15-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldguy (Post 3966348)
Afraid not, just too much to do between now and then. I will be joining as a member in spirit though. It is a very worthy cause.

You should at least make it up and watch the idiots on carnage. The Carnage crew is going to be a pretty good one. Going to have some pro Ultra 4 cars on it and the Crane guys are leading it. I rented a trailer...just in case.

BreckenridgeYJ 07-16-2013 03:14 AM

I paid for my new set of Creepy Crawlers today.... Hoping to get the yj up on a lift this week and tear into a few things for piece of mind..... Hopefully I can source a hydro assist setup and have it installed in time..... Things are coming together, just not as quick as I'd like. I walked the trail for the second time on sunday. I have a bit better expectation of what's coming. I too have a trailer lined up.

Sinister6 07-16-2013 01:04 PM

Nice! So you gonna mount them yourself? I mounted mine, fairly easy with bead lube. I found a place here in the Springs that will balance Beadlocks if you need one.

BreckenridgeYJ 07-16-2013 01:49 PM

I'm going to mount them, then take them to Big O which is apparently the only people in my area that will attempt to balance them..... once they do the stick on weighs, I am planning to unseat the beads and toss a lb of airsoft bb's in each. I'm sure it will be a pain in the ass and take a long time, but i'm pumped to get them mounted!!!

G-Rocc 07-16-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreckenridgeTJ (Post 3968562)
I'm going to mount them, then take them to Big O which is apparently the only people in my area that will attempt to balance them..... once they do the stick on weighs, I am planning to unseat the beads and toss a lb of airsoft bb's in each. I'm sure it will be a pain in the ass and take a long time, but i'm pumped to get them mounted!!!

If I were you I wouldn't screw around with the bb's. I'd go straight to centramatics. It's more expensive but if you end up trying the bb's you will see why I said to go with the centramtics. You can read about all of my struggless with the bb's in my build thread. It sucked trust me. You are throwing down that kind of cash on tires spring for the extra couple hun and get a set of centramatics. Just my opinion.

BV Jeep 07-16-2013 10:48 PM

Well I got the shipping confirmation for the Lokka. It left Sidney Australia on the 16th and due here in BV on the 19th. I think that is a bit faster than UPS or FedEx here in the USA. Tires get mounted next week. :)

Oldguy 07-16-2013 11:12 PM

New tires??? You mean I can't call it Old Baldy any more? But now that you actually have tread on your tires you're not going to be able to do cookies...

BreckenridgeYJ 07-17-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rocc (Post 3969313)

If I were you I wouldn't screw around with the bb's. I'd go straight to centramatics. It's more expensive but if you end up trying the bb's you will see why I said to go with the centramtics. You can read about all of my struggless with the bb's in my build thread. It sucked trust me. You are throwing down that kind of cash on tires spring for the extra couple hun and get a set of centramatics. Just my opinion.

I have read your build thread :). I'll spin balance first, see how it is, then try bbs than ultimately admit that you warned me..... I'm feeling like trying first as I've heard good things about the walker evan's alloys balancing well and not the worst things about the creepy's.... That said, if they had those discs locally, I'd probably buy them straight away...

Ed, I have 2 detroits... I will still do cookies (when I don't want it to)

Sorry for the thread hi jack.

BV Jeep 07-17-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldguy (Post 3970495)
New tires??? You mean I can't call it Old Baldy any more? But now that you actually have tread on your tires you're not going to be able to do cookies...

Sure Ed ruin my day by telling me I can't do cookies. :( Oh well i guess i will have to do some other stupid ass trick:dance: Yep tires will be mounted next Wednesday.

Oh by the way you can still call me Old Baldy.:D

Oldguy 07-17-2013 10:31 PM

Oh I do, just not to your face...

BV Jeep 07-19-2013 09:31 PM

Well new Lokka locker showed up today from Australia. Took 5 days to get here. Installed and guess what??? No more BANG. Boy that other locker was wore out. Ready to go hit Chinaman's on the 27th. Guess I will have to do the cool guy line on the rockpile just to make sure it works.

Oldguy 07-20-2013 09:21 PM

Just don't fall off...

Adabert 05-12-2014 09:52 PM

I am thinking about getting them front and rear for $408 after read reviews most were positive did find few that said they broke pins in them right away. but i don't know they probably didn't install them right or were doing donuts on pavement


Description
LOKKA
JEE-AO-195:
JEEP - Wrangler - YJ, TJ, SJ (Global) - All - Open - Twin Pack: Dana 30 with Dana 44
Delivered Price (USD)

$408.00 including shipping to your address in United States

BV Jeep 05-13-2014 09:11 AM

Mine has been in for a year. I have wheeled the hell out of it. No problems yet. You have to remember they are the parent company for Ausie Locker.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.