Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Military Jeep Pics Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f386/)
-   -   Show off your civilian/military Jeep models/dioramas!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f386/show-off-your-civilian-military-jeep-models-dioramas-255750.html)

Scrivah 07-14-2013 04:18 PM

Show off your civilian/military Jeep models/dioramas!!
 
This is a place where you can post your collection of both civilian and military models and dioramas!

It would be nice to see what kits (plastic, die cast etc), you guys have in your collection. I personally am looking into constructing some early military Willys models.

Lets see what you guys have!

Beastmaster 11-14-2013 07:52 PM

This thread didn't really take off but I think its a great idea. Hopefully we can get some posts. :beerdrinking:

G54 12-23-2013 07:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Actully just saw this thread. Built a WWII Willys MB earlier this year. Have lots of pics but I'll just post a few.



Attachment 610313



Attachment 610321



Attachment 610337



Attachment 610345

G54 12-23-2013 07:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok more to follow, the app is acting up and I'm uploading from my phone

G54 12-23-2013 07:40 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 610369



Attachment 610377



Attachment 610385



Attachment 610393

G54 12-23-2013 07:44 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 610401



Attachment 610417



Attachment 610433



Attachment 610441

G54 12-23-2013 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
To finish it off I had a plaque made and dedicated it to my Dad's service in the Pacific Theater during WWII. The markings on the bumpers indicate his division etc.



Attachment 610449

Buddha12 12-28-2013 07:34 AM

Great job Gus. I just got a model for Christmas and you gave me some great ideas. My Grandfather served with the 25th on Guadalcanal and the Luzon Islands during WWII.

Attachment 619017

Buddha12 12-28-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha12 (Post 7027361)
great job gus. I just got a model for christmas and you gave me some great ideas. My grandfather served with the 25th on guadalcanal and the luzon islands during wwii.

Attachment 619009

G54 12-28-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha12 (Post 7027361)
Great job Gus. I just got a model for Christmas and you gave me some great ideas. My Grandfather served with the 25th on Guadalcanal and the Luzon Islands during WWII.

Thanks! My father was also at the battle for the Walled City during the Luzon campaign. That was where he got his Bronze Star. Got his Purple Heart at Bouganville. Also check out military modelling dot com for lots of good ideas and inspiration.

Buddha12 12-29-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gus54 (Post 7028049)
Thanks! My father was also at the battle for the Walled City during the Luzon campaign. That was where he got his Bronze Star. Got his Purple Heart at Bouganville. Also check out military modelling dot com for lots of good ideas and inspiration.

will have to check that site, thanks. What unit was he in? Always like to here stories. I'm in the process of going through his war diaries and transcribing them for a book. Would love to here more about your father.

G54 12-29-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddha12 (Post 7047633)
will have to check that site, thanks. What unit was he in? Always like to here stories. I'm in the process of going through his war diaries and transcribing them for a book. Would love to here more about your father.

He was a T-5 Sergeant with the 37th Division, 117th Engineers, B company. He was in the Philippines for about two years when he and his men were clearing a hill of mines and he had one explode taking his left arm. I have lots of pictures and letters, plus his journal, drawings he made, and all his medals. He brought back an Arisaka 6.5 with bayonet that I have hanging on the wall. My dad is my hero needless to say! I built a TJ in his honor also. The build is in the military build thread section. Thanks for asking...all those who have served are heroes.

The Captain 08-23-2014 11:06 PM

Hey, great job!!! I haven't weathered any of mine to that extent. I have plans for a 6' by 3' diorama. I have that Willys Jeep (still in the box) and plan to paint it to match my JK. Need to put a lift kit in too. Bigger tires.... More to follow. Eventually.

G54 08-23-2014 11:12 PM

Nice! Post pics of the progress.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.