Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Wet steering wheel

12K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Stinson 
#1 ·
So thanks to the idiot weathermen here in VA last Thursday a forecast of 20% scattered showers was actually 4" of rain and wouldn't you know I had no top on the jeep. My steering wheel obviously got soaked and nothing works. Not my wind shield wipers, turn signals, horn, NADA. I have let it dry 4 days now and still nothing works. I have heard of this happening and it coming back once it drys out. I can't continue to drive around with no signals horn or wipers. Has anyone had this happen taken their jeep to the dealership and had this repaired? What was the cost? I still have coverage but would something like this be covered under my extended warranty? Help a brother out folks.. Thanks

#5 ·
So now I get to join this club, topless and 20% chance or rain that ended getting us. 2" of rain in the floor and cup holder. So far steering wheel accessories I've tried, wind shield wipers, turn signals, (work ok) did want to try my horn and get it stuck on. Bad note is 130n radio did not want to work (going to keep it off to dry out for a few days). Removed carpet and pulled plugs and other worry is the leather/heated seats with the rain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.