Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Tires & Wheels (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/)
-   -   Bfg ko's and mud :/ (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/bfg-kos-and-mud-256437.html)

ninjaturtle0 07-17-2013 09:25 AM

Bfg ko's and mud :/

hit a back road and went through some mud mix with small gravel. geez these are not the best tires for this mix it was so hard to get off even with the power washer at the car wash it took me a long time to clean each tire and cost me lots of quarters lol

1st87yj 07-17-2013 10:13 AM

I used to run those on my old blazer. Great all terrain tire, but not quite enough open tread for mud. Best tire for light wheeling, logging and fire roads, dirt and grass paths ect. Never had good luck in the mud though.

YJ fanatic 07-17-2013 10:46 AM

Mine weren't the best in mud either, but I never had too much of a problem with them. I never got stuck and I was in some thick soupy crap. I found that they perform in mud a little better when they were slightly worn because they clear out easier.

ninjaturtle0 07-17-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YJ fanatic (Post 3972051)
Mine weren't the best in mud either, but I never had too much of a problem with them. I never got stuck and I was in some thick soupy crap. I found that they perform in mud a little better when they were slightly worn because they clear out easier.

I haven't got stuck yet but the small gravel was stuck in the tread with the mud and I had to pull some out with my hands and I was dirty and the Jeep was clean after I finally finished lol

YJ fanatic 07-17-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaturtle0 (Post 3972140)
I haven't got stuck yet but the small gravel was stuck in the tread with the mud and I had to pull some out with my hands and I was dirty and the Jeep was clean after I finally finished lol

That sounds about right. They are an all around great tire, just a little below average in mud. They were amazing in the sand dunes though. Now I must say, I bought MTZs to replace my KO's and its a huge difference. They clear out like crazy and sling the stuff everywhere. They are great on the street too. Just something to keep in mind when its time for a new set.

ninjaturtle0 07-17-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YJ fanatic (Post 3972191)
That sounds about right. They are an all around great tire, just a little below average in mud. They were amazing in the sand dunes though. Now I must say, I bought MTZs to replace my KO's and its a huge difference. They clear out like crazy and sling the stuff everywhere. They are great on the street too. Just something to keep in mind when its time for a new set.

Oh and when you drive all gravel rocks are slinging all over the bottom of my tub! POP, PING!!

Actually these were brand new installed by dealer for free, today is actually my 1 year anniversary of owning it. So I'm using these until they wear. the spare is a dick septic fcII so that tells me the PO were running these, I read they were pretty good in the mud.

YJ fanatic 07-17-2013 01:10 PM

I believe the Fun Country is considered an all terrain right? They do pretty well in mud though.

ninjaturtle0 07-17-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YJ fanatic (Post 3972446)
I believe the Fun Country is considered an all terrain right? They do pretty well in mud though.

It's their AT tires, I did some research and seen many saying they are really good in the mud for an AT tire. Since I already have a spare I would rather just match up all my tires. the tread looks wider than the bfg's

WXman 07-18-2013 06:56 AM

This is the one reason I won't run KOs or General AT2s anymore. The interlocked tread sucks out loud if you live in this part of the country where we've got mud everywhere and snow in the winter.

Owen_TJ 07-18-2013 10:55 AM

i'm running these now and havent gone in the mud but hoping they'll at least do "decent" through the mud...i mainly do a lot more rocks, dirt, water, and grass trails...

1st87yj 07-18-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen_TJ (Post 3976012)
i'm running these now and havent gone in the mud but hoping they'll at least do "decent" through the mud...i mainly do a lot more rocks, dirt, water, and grass trails...

Perfect tire for this, yet quiet on the road and will last longer than an M/T tire.

RafJeep 07-27-2013 06:58 AM

Anyone know how big of a tire you can use on a yj without needing a lift kit?

TJMichael 07-27-2013 04:05 PM

30 x 9.50 on a stock YJ. 31 x 10.50 should fit with extended shackles or a 2" spring lift.

RafJeep 07-28-2013 06:30 AM

Thanks!