Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/)
-   -   Frankie has no money... (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f6/frankie-has-no-money-25647.html)

tiny terror 01-20-2009 07:25 PM

Frankie has no money...

Frankie has no money in her account. She owes several grand on bills, credit cards, and such. She decides it's a good idea to throw herself a party for her birthday, after all, she's already in hole 25k, what's another couple hundred, right?

Now magnify that into the trillions and millions. That's what our country did today and I have read so many people jumping up and down over how this expenditure should not be criticized, after all we are celebrating what makes this country great.

What would have made this country greater is to recognize this was not the time to spend so frivolously. Private contributions did not cover the entire expense, so some things should have been cut out.

150 million spent. How much could have been private contributions? 50 million? 100 million? Still leaves a huge chunk of money spent so a public servant can start his new job.

Wonder how many people would have liked just a tiny piece of that to save their homes.

ntddyz 01-20-2009 08:02 PM

Amen, girl, and I would be one of those people seeing that we lost our house and now just trying NOT to lose the Jeep so that I can interview for a job becuz I was laid off as well so yes, this is VERY personal for me.........

Scout 01-20-2009 08:21 PM

The Democrats are doing what they do best...spending money. :crash:

skeeter 01-20-2009 08:33 PM

I hope it's worth it.
Good luck Mr. President.

Scout 01-20-2009 08:35 PM

We're all going to die. :(

tiny terror 01-20-2009 08:39 PM

Everyone dies, Scout. It's how one dies that makes the difference.

Scout 01-20-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 311401)
Everyone dies, Scout. It's how one dies that makes the difference.

Ok yeah, good point. I'll rephrase it then: Obama is going to get us all killed!!! :banghead:

tiny terror 01-20-2009 08:48 PM

My rant actually had nothing to do with President Obama and everything to do with this government being irresponsible with our money then being lauded with letting the rest of the world know how great we are. I think it was out of line to spend that much during these times, I don't care who was being sworn in. I wouldn't care if it were Jesus himself, the government has no right to spend dime one of non essentials at this moment.

It showed how foolish we have become.

Dare2BSquare 01-20-2009 09:08 PM

Preach on, Sista!!!

scottrock 01-20-2009 09:10 PM

No, it shows how far out of the hands of the common man our country has become. It's become a nation run by wealthy lawyers that have made their main objective the expansion of government. It's in their best interest to do so. And why not? It's always easier to spend someone elses money, right? :9lame:

If it get's super shitty and there aint no revolution, Viva La Mexico! :flipoff:

Joe Dirt 01-20-2009 09:30 PM

I couldn't agree more. I was watching the news and the big party in Washington and thinking; aren't we supposed to be in an economic meltdown. It sure seems like some Americans idea of sacraficing is different that others. It was suggested to me by a conspiricy theory type friend that many super rich people have turned an economic downturn into a near-depression on purpose to create the environment to get democrats elected. I feel that to be a little far fetched, but it seems the media tells us how bad everything is, people stop spending money and others lose their jobs because of it. However, the people at the top sure don't seem to be hurting at all. After months of being told "the sky is falling" I'm wondering if the news will be "sunny days" starting tomorrow. If so, that sure is an ugly game to play with peoples lives.

distortedtj 01-20-2009 09:34 PM

:include:

:wavey:

chezuki 01-20-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distortedtj (Post 311433)
:include:

:wavey:

x2

Aretha Frankiln gets the "World's Stupidest Hat" award though...

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/2...zeCwfjDrtjOQ--

afrats 01-20-2009 10:18 PM

And the worst rendition of whatever song she sang. It was horrible. It sounded like she forgot the words and then just made some up. I agree Tiny. As a military person I wish they would have spent some of that money on the military. And they say that the Bush administration was wasting money on the war. Now who is the waster?

jpdocdave 01-20-2009 10:29 PM

i'm glad this is being said, no one is really talking about this around here. i guess he spend 3 times what bush spent, and bush was criticized for it.

just like the auto manufacturers flying their private jets to beg for bail outs, now the man that says its gonna get worse before it gets better, and preaches change and hope, just wasted a ton of money.

and all i heard today on the radio over and over is, its our nations first black president. first of all he's half black, and half white, and was raised by his white mother. secondly, how are we as a nation gonna get past the racial thing if thats all we talk about, he's president, move on. all i heard on the radio today were black and hispanic regular citizens jumpin up and down, and all they could say were he brings us hope and change.

oh yeah, one of his first moves is gonna be to reinstate government spending on stem cell research that bush took away. there have been no advances by killing unborn babies, yet many advances using adult stem cells that don't require death. but lets keep spending money on killing babies.

afrats 01-20-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdocdave (Post 311484)
oh yeah, one of his first moves is gonna be to reinstate government spending on stem cell research that bush took away. there have been no advances by killing unborn babies, yet many advances using adult stem cells that don't require death. but lets keep spending money on killing babies.

You preach it. I'm glad I am not the only one that sees this.

Joe Dirt 01-21-2009 12:43 AM

As of noon today all my problems are over! I went to lunch and the guy at the counter told me it was now free. Then my mortgage company called and said I didn't have to pay that anymore either. I needed gas, so I went by the gas station to see a big line. When I asked why, a guy said gas was free also. This Obama thing is great! I'm so glad Jesus (oops), I mean Obama has come to save us all. What the heck, lets have another party!

jpdocdave 01-21-2009 07:14 AM

any ideas why i had no traffic on the way to work this morning? must be a holiday.

02Prove 01-21-2009 07:17 AM

Don't fret boys and girls... so long as you can still get whisky and ammo we'll be just fine.

jgano23 01-21-2009 07:21 AM

i didn't get a party when i started my job. i want a party.

whiteyj 01-21-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Dirt (Post 311544)
As of noon today all my problems are over! I went to lunch and the guy at the counter told me it was now free. Then my mortgage company called and said I didn't have to pay that anymore either. I needed gas, so I went by the gas station to see a big line. When I asked why, a guy said gas was free also. This Obama thing is great! I'm so glad Jesus (oops), I mean Obama has come to save us all. What the heck, lets have another party!

And then you woke up.:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02Prove (Post 311571)
Don't fret boys and girls... so long as you can still get whisky and ammo we'll be just fine.

Give him a couple of months and you won't be buying ammunition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 311572)
i didn't get a party when i started my job. i want a party.

Hell, I just want a job.:crash:

02Prove 01-21-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 311611)
Give him a couple of months and you won't be buying ammunition.

Even if he could pull that off... I have the ability and know how to reload my shells. Don't believe all of the propaganda... Just like he isn't "the saviour", he isn't going to be able to abolish the 2nd ammendment.

jgano23 01-21-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afrats (Post 311470)
And the worst rendition of whatever song she sang. It was horrible. It sounded like she forgot the words and then just made some up. I agree Tiny. As a military person I wish they would have spent some of that money on the military. And they say that the Bush administration was wasting money on the war. Now who is the waster?

kinda like this?

YouTube - Omazing Grace

jgano23 01-21-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteyj (Post 311611)
Hell, I just want a job.:crash:

good point. millions of Americans are out of jobs, this guy gets a $150 Million party.

cavediverjc 01-21-2009 10:42 AM

I guess this is always an option........

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...anadaObama.jpg

chucky cheese 01-21-2009 11:31 AM

Same old cra!. That just goes to show you political credibility. What would you have thought if Obama said let's be prudent scale down the inaugural to the basics and get down to work. We can celebrate when we turn this thing around. Now that would have given me hope. He will create 3 million new jobs, most of them government. Have you been served at the post office lately. We are DOOMED!

tiny terror 01-21-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky cheese (Post 311673)
Same old cra!. That just goes to show you political credibility. What would you have thought if Obama said let's be prudent scale down the inaugural to the basics and get down to work. We can celebrate when we turn this thing around. Now that would have given me hope. He will create 3 million new jobs, most of them government. Have you been served at the post office lately. We are DOOMED!

That would have been an amazing turn of events.

I hope every person who attended those galas last night walks by a homeless Vet on the street. I hope they drive through a neighborhood with homes foreclosed on. I hope they open their eyes and see what the rest of Americans are seeing and dealing with.

jgano23 01-21-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiny terror (Post 311705)
That would have been an amazing turn of events.

I hope every person who attended those galas last night walks by a homeless Vet on the street. I hope they drive through a neighborhood with homes foreclosed on. I hope they open their eyes and see what the rest of Americans are seeing and dealing with.

do you think that that stuff will actually phase them? not likely.

tiny terror 01-21-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgano23 (Post 311708)
do you think that that stuff will actually phase them? not likely.

They're human just like we are. I had a major epiphany not too long ago that changed my entire outlook on certain things I'd been sure of my whole life. Never too late.

chesterspl 01-21-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

The Democrats are doing what they do best...spending money.
I am with Tiny. Never to late to learn and change things in life.