Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   which soft top model should get??? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/which-soft-top-model-should-get-256578.html)

creativenb 07-17-2013 09:24 PM

which soft top model should get???

Hello. Im going to buy new soft top for my 2012 jeep wrangler cod mw3 special edition. and cant choose the model of the soft top. hwo can help me? which one is the best one? mopar? or besttop? or which??? plzzz help:confused:

smitty141 07-17-2013 09:29 PM

I just bought a new Bestop Supertop NX. Very happy, I needed a complete top, my JK came with a hard top.

Smitty

creativenb 07-17-2013 09:35 PM

also my jeep came without soft top. and now i cant decide that should i buy mopar is the mopars quality good than other brands or all of them are same?

4x4n 07-17-2013 09:52 PM

Had the bestop on my 2011, have the mopar premium top now. Night and day difference to me, the premium top is the only top I will have now.

creativenb 07-18-2013 09:49 AM

So if i decide to buy mopar. Which one should i buy?
1)MOPAR® Complete Cable Style Sunrider Twill Soft Top with Spring Lift Assist in BlackFor 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door its about 1900$
2)MOPAR® Complete Cable Style Sunrider Soft Top For 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door its about 1700$
3) MOPAR® Complete Cable Style Sunrider Soft Top with Spring Lift Assist in Black Diamond
For 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door
Its about 1400$
What are differences of it i cand find.please help

panthermark 07-18-2013 10:05 AM

Bestop makes the OEM Mopar tops...so they are the same.

If you are going to get the factory top, most people look on Craigslist or in the forum classifieds for a new-in-box top.

thomm99 07-18-2013 10:09 AM

--This--

I bought a barely used factory top from someone who had the dual top package and wanted to only run the hard top. $550 for everything down to the bracket screws and has been one of the best things I have done for my Jeep.

SirRyan 07-18-2013 10:18 AM

Now that i figured out what I did wrong, (not the top's fault) the TrekTop NX, to me is far superior than any other top. It is quieter than a factory soft top, when it rains it doesn't pool up and it looks amazing.

panthermark 07-18-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRyan (Post 3975896)
Now that i figured out what I did wrong, (not the top's fault) the TrekTop NX, to me is far superior than any other top. It is quieter than a factory soft top, when it rains it doesn't pool up and it looks amazing.

I had a Trektop NX, but never took it out of the box. Traded it for a premium top.

Each one has their pros and cons.

LoCo Jeep 07-18-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panthermark (Post 3975939)

Each one has their pros and cons.

Exactly....there isn't one top that has it all.

Supertop.....easier to carry the whole top with you

Supertop......easier to put back on in case of rain

Supertop.......windows roll up easier to store in the Jeep

Trektop...... looks better (in my opinion)

Trektop.......cheaper

Trektop .......less parts needed to install

panthermark 07-18-2013 04:49 PM

^Yup...
Plus where you live/park, if you have a 2 door or 4 door, and how you use the Jeep will dictate which one is better for you.

I guy on another forum PM'd me and asked to swap his premium top for my new in box Trektop NX. That is a pretty unfair trade price wise, and I told him of what I thought were flaws in the Trektop NX....he knew all about them and what I saw as flaws, he saw as advantages. He wheels is Rubi all the time, and wanted to be able to easily remove the entire top and/or just go safari.

Me on the other hand found it imperative that I always have the entire top with me, and that it work with a full size spiderwebshade because I had a new kid on the way.

We both ended up happy....

A bonus is that both the Trektop NX, and Mopar/Supertop NX work with the Tuffy trunk enclosure.

A drawback is that the window bar is still a hassle to deal with for both of them.

While I'm 50/50 on the fastback design (I like the 2 door better than the 4 door), where I think the Trektop NX looks WAY better than the factory/Supertop is that the Trektop is smooth on top. I hate the "ridges" of the factory top....it reminds me of and old wagon top or something.