Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Would you trade your JK for a Raptor? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/would-you-trade-your-jk-for-a-raptor-256595.html)

The_Chief 07-18-2013 12:14 AM

Would you trade your JK for a Raptor?

I just think the Raptor is the only other truck that comes close to the JK in the cool department. Yet, it's much rarer, and thus, unique... Man, I'm struggling with this...

landi jeep 07-18-2013 12:17 AM

No. But I would trade my theoretical raptor for a GC SRT8

JeepCourtney3700 07-18-2013 12:18 AM

Nope. /thread

The_Chief 07-18-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landi jeep (Post 3974622)
No. But I would trade my theoretical raptor for a GC SRT8

The GC, Explorer -style SUV's are all too played-out to me. They're everywhere... Boring...

JeeperJake 07-18-2013 12:19 AM

....I wouldn't trade my JK for CASH MONEY!!!!

WatchThis! 07-18-2013 12:21 AM

Personally I wouldn't do an even trade for either one.

Cash on the other hand

landi jeep 07-18-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Chief (Post 3974626)

The GC, Explorer -style SUV's are all too played-out to me. They're everywhere... Boring...

What does the gc srt8 have in common with the explorer. Let alone any other mid size SUV in the market. Maybe the range sport sc is a good comparison.

The_Chief 07-18-2013 12:23 AM

The only thing that bugs me about the JK is its shoddy quality. And no, I don't wanna hear about 'your' Jeep and how it's perfect and rides like a Caddy...Yeah... The Raptor is unique, and it comes with a much higher quality rating...but it'll cost you.

WatchThis! 07-18-2013 12:24 AM

What does a new Raptor cost?

The_Chief 07-18-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landi jeep (Post 3974635)

What does the gc srt8 have in common with the explorer. Let alone any other mid size SUV in the market. Maybe the range sport sc is a good comparison.

Not much in the way of speed--the GC walks it. I know that. The 'fast' SUV experiment, however, has already been done...years ago. Nothing new there.

The_Chief 07-18-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchThis! (Post 3974645)
What does a new Raptor cost?

Starts in the mid-40's....goes to mid-50's or so all decked....

jadmt 07-18-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Chief (Post 3974615)
I just think the Raptor is the only other truck that comes close to the JK in the cool department. Yet, it's much rarer, and thus, unique... Man, I'm struggling with this...

straight up? not only yes but hell yes.

The_Chief 07-18-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Chief (Post 3974650)

Starts in the mid-40's....goes to mid-50's or so all decked....

But my JKUS with lift, lights, tires, rims, misc. is approaching $40k! Luckily, my mods are long done. With the Raptor, it's sign and drive--even bead locks from the factory!

NMRubicon 07-18-2013 12:29 AM

Not a chance! I have a Ram 2500 with a Cummins Turbo Diesel, it handles what needs handled in the pickup department, and does pretty fair off road.

WatchThis! 07-18-2013 12:29 AM

Oh defiantly no way I would trade. Even my 11 3.8 JK for a brand new one. It would be to big of a loss

landi jeep 07-18-2013 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Buy a caddy if you want caddy.

Attachment 274315

Fast SUV is one thing. Fast capable SUV is another. I wanted a range rover sport sc but it felt too small and a step back from my 5.7L durango.

The caddy is roomy, fast, and luxury. I like the raptor, but not over my jk. I love my jk.

Raiderfan001 07-18-2013 12:31 AM

Not just no but hell no. But I personally think Raptors are ugly as sh**.

The_Chief 07-18-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchThis! (Post 3974662)
Oh defiantly no way I would trade. Even my 11 3.8 JK for a brand new one.

I do think the Raptor is overpriced. That's my sticking point. As a Ford employee, I can get the good discount, but that'll probably cover just the taxes, maybe a bit more.

The_Chief 07-18-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landi jeep (Post 3974665)
Buy a caddy if you want caddy.

Fast SUV is one thing. Fast capable SUV is another. I want we a range rover sport sc but it felt too small and a step back from my 5.7L durango.

The caddy is roomy, fast, and luxury. I like the raptor, but not over my jk. I love my jk.

Caddy's are goofy looking.... It's just that a lot of Jeep slappies will reference them when describing their jk's...

landi jeep 07-18-2013 12:34 AM

Before anyone assumes, the caddy is full time AWD.

tab22092 07-18-2013 12:34 AM

Nope. When i had my Silverado SS i usta walk on ford raptors. The truck is way to played up. The only people around here who have them are jersey shore look alikes who bought them bc its high off the ground and has stickers on it. I do love my wrangler but if i could go back in time i think i would keep my SS. Plus its a ford and who the hell wants those! Lol

JeepCourtney3700 07-18-2013 12:36 AM

Folks, we have a FORD buyer in the thread; his main concern is "shoddy quality" but me thinks he's not looking in the right direction.

If you don't like the way the jeep handles or is built, cool. That's your prerogative. But don't knock our vehicles down because you don't like yours. The raptor is a "meh" vehicle and it won't cost me a dime and do you know why?

Because I'm not buying one. ;)

Hope you'll stay in the Jeep family but if not then have fun in your ford.

landi jeep 07-18-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Chief (Post 3974671)

Caddy's are goofy looking.... It's just that a lot of Jeep slappies will reference them when describing their jk's...

Beauty is in the eye ...

joeuncool 07-18-2013 12:43 AM

Raptor no. Velociraptor...... I would have to think about it. The problem is that they are built for different things. If I lived in the desert and wanted to blast down desert roads the Raptor is perfect. 411 horsepower crawling over rocks in the high rockies works but just seems like the wrong tool for the job. Sure I could drive a nail with a sledge hammer but after a day of it I would be asking why.

The_Chief 07-18-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCourtney3700 (Post 3974682)
Folks, we have a FORD buyer in the thread; his main concern is "shoddy quality" but me thinks he's not looking in the right direction.

If you don't like the way the jeep handles or is built, cool. That's your prerogative. But don't knock our vehicles down because you don't like yours. The raptor is a "meh" vehicle and it won't cost me a dime and do you know why?

Because I'm not buying one. ;)

Hope you'll stay in the Jeep family but if not then have fun in your ford.

Not knocking your vehicle. Jeep ranks low, as do many Fords, in initial quality rankings... That's a fact. Working for Ford, I know the r&d put into the Raptor, so that's why I'd consider it. Other than that, I just don't like what is available from Ford right now (maybe a Mustang)...

WatchThis! 07-18-2013 12:50 AM

If I was to seriously consider somehing like this I would have to do the oll pro and con thing between a new Raptor and my JKU

Handling
I am sure the Raptor rides great on the highway, mine with hydro assist and highout pump along with the fact that I am running 3k rpm at cursing speed is a bit twitchy.

Ride Quality on road
Not sure about the Raptor but my coilovers make for a surprisingly good ride. I bet the Raptor wins though.

Power
Haha poor JK

Roughness/toughness/durability
Raptor dosnt stand a chance in this this one

Ability to have fun
Probably about the same but in two totally different ways

Money
I have more invested in mine then a Raptor would cost, even one with a blower. If I got a new Raptor I wouldn't leave well enough alone for long anyway and would really be spending some coin.

The fact that there is no place that I could go in a Raptor that I couldn't go in my JKU but yet there are lots of places I can go in my JKU that I couldn't go in a Raptor AND still drive home afterwards means I would not trade for one.

NFRs2000NYC 07-18-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Chief (Post 3974615)

I wanted the raptor really badly when they came out. I then learned they split in half when actually used offroad. No thanks.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....e-bent-opt.jpg

The_Chief 07-18-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchThis! (Post 3974726)
If I was to seriously consider somehing like this I would have to do the oll pro and con thing between a new Raptor and my JKU

Handling
I am sure the Raptor rides great on the highway, mine with hydro assist and highout pump along with the fact that I am running 3k rpm at cursing speed is a bit twitchy.

Ride Quality on road
Not sure about the Raptor but my coilovers make for a surprisingly good ride. I bet the Raptor wins though.

Power
Haha poor JK

Roughness
Raptor dosnt stand a chance in this this one

Ability to have fun
Probably about the same but in two totally different ways

Money
I have more invested in mine then a Raptor would cost, even one with a blower. If I got a new Raptor I wouldn't leave well enough alone for long anyway and would really be spending some coin.

The fact that there is no place that I could go in a Raptor that I couldn't go in my JKU but yet there are lots of places I can go in my JKU that I couldn't go in a Raptor AND still drive home afterwards means I would not trade for one.

Very good analysis....not sure what u mean by roughness... the raptor can come with a 6.2 L v8--that's rough and tough.

The_Chief 07-18-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC (Post 3974735)

I wanted the raptor really badly when they came out. I then learned they split in half when actually used offroad. No thanks.

There were isolated cases of 'tacoing'. No lie there.

Raiderfan001 07-18-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC (Post 3974735)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....e-bent-opt.jpg

That's only when idiots jump them like some wannabe Evil Kinevil on a motorcycle.